The Republican Party: 1854-2008

What goes around comes around and conservatives are terrified at the prospect. Gee, what did they think would happen...
oh BULLSHIT
conservative dont fucking depend on the government
so you are so fucked up you dont know what the fuck you are talking about

Last edited:
oh BULLSHIT
conservative dont fucking depend on the government
so you are so fucked up you dont know what the fuck you are talking about

"This could look like an ideological as well as a party victory if we're not careful. It could be 1980 in reverse"

Read what I am replying to before blowing air out your ass. An ideological shift does not mean you [conservatives] suddenly depend on government. Jesus, stop being such an idiot...

"This could look like an ideological as well as a party victory if we're not careful. It could be 1980 in reverse"

Read what I am replying to before blowing air out your ass. An ideological shift does not mean you [conservatives] suddenly depend on government. Jesus, stop being such an idiot...
"conservatives are terrified at the prospect"

thats fucking ridiculous
if you dont want to be seen as a moron, dont make moronic statements like that

McCain has run a poor campaign but this is more a repudiation of the Bush years as anything. If Bush was running for a third term, Obama would hammer him as badly as he's about to hammer McCain.

The Republican administration over the past eight years and the four years when the GOP ran the Congress have been absolutely awful. This is what this election is about, and the Republicans deserve to be annihilated.

After Karl Rove's strategy to shape a permanent Republican majority, the stunning incompetence and absolute arrogance of the Bush administration, not to mention the corruption in Congress and the repudiation of its philosophy in the financial markets, is leading to a possible veto-proof Senate, the irrelevancy of the GOP in the House and the election of a black, liberal, inexperienced, northern Senator nobody had ever heard of five years ago as President. Well done, Karl.

I don't even agree with many of Obama's policies but I want to see the Republicans gone. Better to have a competent person with whom I disagree running the show than someone who was clearly not qualified and surrounded by venal cronies and corrupt legislators.

McCain has run a poor campaign but this is more a repudiation of the Bush years as anything. If Bush was running for a third term, Obama would hammer him as badly as he's about to hammer McCain.

The Republican administration over the past eight years and the four years when the GOP ran the Congress have been absolutely awful. This is what this election is about, and the Republicans deserve to be annihilated.

After Karl Rove's strategy to shape a permanent Republican majority, the stunning incompetence and absolute arrogance of the Bush administration, not to mention the corruption in Congress and the repudiation of its philosophy in the financial markets, is leading to a possible veto-proof Senate, the irrelevancy of the GOP in the House and the election of a black, liberal, inexperienced, northern Senator nobody had ever heard of five years ago as President. Well done, Karl.

I don't even agree with many of Obama's policies but I want to see the Republicans gone. Better to have a competent person with whom I disagree running the show than someone who was clearly not qualified and surrounded by venal cronies and corrupt legislators.

Well said. So as the entire republican party sits wringing its hands over the devastating prospects of the political losses it is about to suffer, they only need to look to themselves to find the culprit.

Yet, cycles in politics are inevitable. We may be saying the same thing about the Democrats in a few years. Total power corrupts totally...my apologies to the author.

let's hope they vote for mac before they go. we dont want 8 years of obama.

like 8 years of Bush and his republican cronies were any better?

the republicans have had 8 years and the country is in a mess. i think it's about time for some change.

Last edited:
like 8 years of Bush and his republican cronies were any better?

the republicans have had 8 years and the country is in a mess. i think it's about time for some change.

last I heard, Bush isn't running. and don't pull the 90 percent horseshit either. we will change......

crushing babies' skulls
doubling taxes
obliterating the second amendment.

oh the audacity of hope. Godda oh I mean God bless America.

Comparing Bush to Carter. Man you're a fucking idiot. :cuckoo:

Hmm, let's see...

Collapsing financial markets, plunging economy, stagnating incomes, soaring oil prices, Quixotic war (wait that didn't happen under Carter), enemies thumbing their nose at the US, nationalizing companies, massive bailouts, lowest standing of America around the world, the party running away from the incumbent in the election, record low Presidential approval ratings, divided country, scandals (wait that didn't happen under Carter), general incompetence.

Oh, yeah, real difference. :lol:

They will come back, they always do. I just remember how pissed off the right were under Clinton. All the GOP needs is another Democratic president to hate and they will all fall back in line.

Yes, I expect you are right about that Turbo.

I expect that two things will happen in the next four years that will reinvigorate the Republican party:

1. Obama will not be able to solve the economic problems, nor will he get out of Iraq fast enough for the extreme democrats; nor will he be able to give health care to everyone.

2. The Dems might very well overreach in other social issues which will galvenize the Republicans to forge another unholy alliance of social conservatives and neo cons.

I hope I'm wrong, of course, but I cannot really see how, given our currently economic plight, things are going to rapidly improve.

If they do not improve for most people?

Then the 2012 election will be decided based on economic issues just as this one is being decided.

Forum List

Back