The Republican Health Care Proposal: Your non partisan opinion of its merits

Here are some basic parts to it. I have other things I would like to see as well, but this is the basis for discussion.
  1. No mandates for special coverages that folks wouldn't buy on their own. IE, Slacker insurane and the like
  2. Expanded Health Savings Acccunt High Deductible plans
  3. tort reform to make sure there is a better match with causation, harm and compensation.
  4. basic plans available nationwide and nationwide competion on plans
  5. wider choice in what you want to insure and what you don't need to insure. Why are gay guys mandated to buy pregnancy insurance?

They're all bad ideas.

1. Everyone should have insurance whether he wants it or not. The community won't allow anyone to die for lack of insurance so we'll have to pay for the slackers who can't pay for their own health care.

2. Health Savings Accounts distort the insurance market. They take young and healthier persons out and leave older and less healthy. That raises costs. As matters of good risk management and public policy,the market should be as larger as possible.

3. "Tort reform" is a scam. It has been proven to have little effect on health care costs and health care access.

4. Nationwide marketing allows health insurance companies to drive health insurance regulation to the lowest possible level by shopping-around to find the most lenient state.

5. I don't think that's an issue. As far I as I know, men aren't forced to buy pregnancy insurance.

Where, in the Constitution, does it grant congress the power to force Americans to buy something? That is an outrage!

I agree, although I am totally in support of some kind reform. On the state level.

This, IMO, should cease to be a priority agenda for the dems - until they bring the best and the brightest business minds together and offer some real option, to the people!!

Why any American would trust this in the hands of politicians, is beyond me. :cuckoo:

They're all bad ideas.

1. Everyone should have insurance whether he wants it or not. The community won't allow anyone to die for lack of insurance so we'll have to pay for the slackers who can't pay for their own health care.

2. Health Savings Accounts distort the insurance market. They take young and healthier persons out and leave older and less healthy. That raises costs. As matters of good risk management and public policy,the market should be as larger as possible.

3. "Tort reform" is a scam. It has been proven to have little effect on health care costs and health care access.

4. Nationwide marketing allows health insurance companies to drive health insurance regulation to the lowest possible level by shopping-around to find the most lenient state.

5. I don't think that's an issue. As far I as I know, men aren't forced to buy pregnancy insurance.

Where, in the Constitution, does it grant congress the power to force Americans to buy something? That is an outrage!

First Amendment; ...redress of grievances.

The American People have declared the lack of health care to be a grievance and have ordered Congress to redress it.

Like fuck we have. The liberal media might have declared it, the whining radical left might have, but 'we, the People'? No.

Your problem is that you forget that 'we, the People' includes us - the right and the independents... it is NOT just the koolaiders on the left. :lol:

They're all bad ideas.

I agree, although I am totally in support of some kind reform. On the state level.

This, IMO, should cease to be a priority agenda for the dems - until they bring the best and the brightest business minds together and offer some real option, to the people!!

Why any American would trust this in the hands of politicians, is beyond me. :cuckoo:

Best thing about Downtown Scottie Brown taking MA off the liberals.... ObamaCare is dead... they called the relatives, switched off its life support and let it die. :lol::lol:

Now, they are gonna have to do what Obama said he would do waaay back when he was campaigning.... work WITH the republicans instead of running roughshod over everyone who gets in his way.

First Amendment; ...redress of grievances.

The American People have declared the lack of health care to be a grievance and have ordered Congress to redress it.

:lol:

Why don't you just change your name back to the proper illiteration....JOE STALIN.

We know you want cradle to grave government intervention in your life...my suggestion for you is to move to Canada.

and you don't know shit about the Constitution...NEXT!

Last edited:

Best thing about Downtown Scottie Brown taking MA off the liberals.... ObamaCare is dead... they called the relatives, switched off its life support and let it die. :lol::lol:

Now, they are gonna have to do what Obama said he would do waaay back when he was campaigning.... work WITH the republicans instead of running roughshod over everyone who gets in his way.

*laughs* On the Downtown Scottie Brown. Hadn't heard that one.

I did let out a sigh of relief when he won, but since, I'm holding my breath again. I hope you're right. I just don't trust our government and I don't trust their motivation regarding their unicorn (HC). They need it, like a drug, at any cost they must push something through. If only to prove - after 20 years of promises, that they can do it. Damn everything else. :confused:

So far I am still waiting for someone to take a run at any of these propositions, and say they are bad.

One person up topic said that tort reform is a sham and a scam, as people who get hurt should get compensated, and one person was very nice and said my idea was better than what the GOP was proposing, mostly because (I think) she didn't trust them as far as she could toss that new office tower in Dubai

Cmon, here is what is on the table. Let me know what you think.

Said it before, I'll say it again....

Declare medical insurance a free field of interstate commerce and Katie bar the door.

so they can all incorporate in the state with the fewest regulations like the banks do with delaware?

great "reform".

What you should start with is getting rid of the anti-trust exemptions that insurance companies benefit from.

So far I am still waiting for someone to take a run at any of these propositions, and say they are bad.

One person up topic said that tort reform is a sham and a scam, as people who get hurt should get compensated, and one person was very nice and said my idea was better than what the GOP was proposing, mostly because (I think) she didn't trust them as far as she could toss that new office tower in Dubai

Cmon, here is what is on the table. Let me know what you think.

Tort reform is a sham. And you're correct bout the office tower in Dubai. Mostly, it's because you at least are questioning what can be done to reconcile societal interests with the desire for businesses to make a fair profit -- unlike the GOP "plan" which indicates zero interest n societal benefits.

I want to bump this one more time.

We kept on hearing from the Democrats that the Republicans didn't have a plan. They did. Here it is. Does no one, even the Republicans, want to discuss these ideas?

The republicans do have a plan.

Obama's plan might as well have been written by the insrance companies.

It sure in hell isn't anything a thinking liberal would have created.

Forum List

Back