The Repub Candidates - From a Democrat's POV

Yes, since January 2007 the democrats have pretty much controlled government. Sure Bush could ask for things and veto from 2007-Jan 2009, but the democrats surely could SAY FUCK YOU TO HIM TO. A president can do quite a let, so Bush earned some scorn, but a lot of the increase of spending and bs started to happen in 2007.

Remember when republicans out right controlled the government between 2001-2006 unemployment was 4.3-6 percent. Only got 6 percent because of 9-11 too. Spending wasn't even a third with the deficit. Things started to go to hell when the demorats got a hold of the purse strings.

Right now sure you have one house of congress under republican control, but the other is not. So the republicans don't have a lot of say anyways, but they do have some now as they're pushing for cuts! But remember Obama can veto anything that somehow got through the senate.

Can't really blame the republicans for the mess.

I can. I blame the Republicans.... difference is, I equally blame the Democrats. Fucking corrupt bastards - the whole bunch of 'em.

No question at all that they're both corrupt and evil. Bush fucked up giving trillions to wall street and the banks...Obama just made it much worst.:eek:

And.... listening to his jobs speech... he's hoping to do some more damage as soon as possible.

record-setting-Obama-550x337.jpg

Tell us which one of these Obama DIDN'T inherit from Republicans?

Now tell us which ones Republicans worked with Obama to help solve?

This is where you hear, "All and Nothing".

Tell us which of these things, come November 2012, that Obama WON'T be held accountable for

Anyone that has people willing to vote for them is electable. I doubt Harding and Coolidge were electable in 1920. They were both "second tier" candidate. ended up leading the nation to the greatest economic expansion in history. With record unemployment. And that was despite Harding being in stupid scandals.

Anyone who doesnt run away before the voting starts has a shot. If you don't believe that then you are lying to yourself. Anything can happen betwene now and then.

That's the crux of it.......you need to get people to vote for you in a general election. The days of selecting candidates in a smoke filled room with deals being made are gone. Harding and Coolidge wouldn't have a prayer in today's YouTube nation

Romney and Perry can appeal to moderate Americans and can meet the vague criteria of "looking presidential"

The rest are pretenders looking for their 15 min in the spotlight

Anyone that has people willing to vote for them is electable. I doubt Harding and Coolidge were electable in 1920. They were both "second tier" candidate. ended up leading the nation to the greatest economic expansion in history. With record unemployment. And that was despite Harding being in stupid scandals.

Anyone who doesnt run away before the voting starts has a shot. If you don't believe that then you are lying to yourself. Anything can happen betwene now and then.

That's the crux of it.......you need to get people to vote for you in a general election. The days of selecting candidates in a smoke filled room with deals being made are gone. Harding and Coolidge wouldn't have a prayer in today's YouTube nation

Romney and Perry can appeal to moderate Americans and can meet the vague criteria of "looking presidential"

Huntsman and Gingrich look presidential. Gingrich, I understand, has a lot of baggage - divorced too many times, or something. But he looks the part, and sounds like someone the Republicans would like to vote for.

The other four - Bachmann, Paul, the pizza-guy and Santorum - it's just inconceivable. You could run each of them against a fence post, and they'd lose.

Bachmann: I'm pretty sure she played the part of the Wicked Witch in the Wizard of Oz.
Paul: Seriously, would you let this man baby-sit your kids?
Pizza-guy: Shouldn't he run for city-council, or something, before he runs for president?
Santorum: <snooze>

Huntsman and Gingrich look presidential. Gingrich, I understand, has a lot of baggage - divorced too many times, or something. But he looks the part, and sounds like someone the Republicans would like to vote for.

The other four - Bachmann, Paul, the pizza-guy and Santorum - it's just inconceivable. You could run each of them against a fence post, and they'd lose.

Huntsman draws about 1% of the republican vote, I don't even consider him a factor

Gingrich can indeed look presidential and is a very bright man. But much like Joe Biden, he has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth at inopportune moments.

The others are cartoon characters

Huntsman draws about 1% of the republican vote, I don't even consider him a factor

Gingrich can indeed look presidential and is a very bright man. But much like Joe Biden, he has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth at inopportune moments.

Why does Huntsman poll so low?

He makes too much sense and doesn't toe the party line on global warming, evolution or immigration

I love a political opion based on how a candidate looks rather than anything to do with policy...

One guy is black (ewe), one is a female (hell no!) and one is old (scream!). I like that the OP admits he is a democrat, I can understand policy had nothing to do with who they could like or for that matter, who they don't like.

I also like the attack on RP when he claims a fence is a bad idea, RP calls it un American, the OP calls RP "crazy." Nice to know lol! Now a 3k mile fence is a Democrat idea, just like wars!

He makes too much sense and doesn't toe the party line on global warming, evolution or immigration

That's right, the right needs to listen to the guy (RW) wh voted for Obama... Obama, the guy that almost 3 years into his Presidency is looking at a deeper recession and possibly a depression. 4-5 wars, expanded homeland security and 9+ % UE... YES, RW has the answer lol.

That's right, the right needs to listen to the guy (RW) wh voted for Obama... Obama, the guy that almost 3 years into his Presidency is looking at a deeper recession and possibly a depression. 4-5 wars, expanded homeland security and 9+ % UE... YES, RW has the answer lol.

Do you understand what a recession is?

Under Bush we had negative GDP for five out of six quarters. That qualifies as a recession. Obama has had positive GDP in nine consecutive quarters. How can you claim that is a recession or depression?

Do you just make shit up?

Under Bush we had negative GDP for five out of six quarters. That qualifies as a recession. Obama has had positive GDP in nine consecutive quarters. How can you claim that is a recession or depression?

Well, the 9% unemployment has something to do with it. Transnational corporations might be doing very well, but that doesn't make all the vacant storefronts in my part of the world look any better. The Mercedes dealer might be selling them like hotcakes, but the Pontiac dealer is closed. The kid from across the streeet who graduated from college two years ago still can't get a full-time job even though he works (in reality) for Citibank. That feels like a recession whatever the GDP might be doing.

That's what you get when you spend something like 6 trillion to keep us out of a recession... Bt that does not change the fact that we are in one. It's all fake, a lie that we are ot in a recession. The Stimulus floated the economy, now it's crashing to where it should have been, as predicted.

Actually, the CBER defines it differently.

Q: The financial press often states the definition of a recession as two consecutive quarters of decline in real GDP. How does that relate to the NBER's recession dating procedure?

A: Most of the recessions identified by our procedures do consist of two or more quarters of declining real GDP, but not all of them. As an example, the last recession, in 2001, did not include two consecutive quarters of decline. As of the date of the committee's meeting, the economy had not yet experienced two consecutive quarters
of decline.

http://www.nber.org/cycles/dec2008.pdf

Also, GDP has not been positive for 9 consecutive quarters under Obama. It has been barely 8 (1% last quarter and less than a half a percent before that). Bush had 4 negative quarters out of the last 5 and only 5 negative quarters in his entire 8 years in office.

http://www.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm?ReqID=9&step=1

Now who is making shit up?

That's what you get when you spend something like 6 trillion to keep us out of a recession... Bt that does not change the fact that we are in one. It's all fake, a lie that we are ot in a recession. The Stimulus floated the economy, now it's crashing to where it should have been, as predicted.

Another blatant lie

Care to show where $6 trillion has been spent?

You do never tire of making shit up

Another blatant lie

800 billion stimulus, TARP and 5 Trillion I believe from the FED, QE 1 and QE2.

Another blatant lie

800 billion stimulus, TARP and 5 Trillion I believe from the FED, QE 1 and QE2.

:eusa_whistle: Just keep making shit up...it is entertaining

Forum List

Back