The Rep Thing Again

Otter_Creek

worst president ever
Jul 2, 2006
The Former USA
I'm just curious, I been getting repped and giving them back,when it lets me.

The number never changes, as if the rep feature is turned off.
Is there some rule in place, like I need so many reps or posts to gain one??
:eusa_shifty:

If you open your User CP and look at right side of the red bar entitled "Latest Reputation Received," you'll see the raw number of rep points you have. That should change whenever anyone with any rep power reps you.

Your rep power is some function of that number. I don't know the actual formula.

Your rep points will only go up if you rep me at least once a day.

If you open your User CP and look at right side of the red bar entitled "Latest Reputation Received," you'll see the raw number of rep points you have. That should change whenever anyone with any rep power reps you.

Your rep power is some function of that number. I don't know the actual formula.

Thank You, I see the two numbers I have don't match at all.
Latest Reputation Received, 1215 point(s) total.

Another left wing conspiracy? :eusa_shifty::eusa_shifty::eusa_shifty:

Latest Reputation Received, 1215 point(s) total.

Another left wing conspiracy? :eusa_shifty::eusa_shifty::eusa_shifty:

next time someone pos rep's you go find their rep power.. like mine is 14...if I rep you, the number (1215) should increase by 14....

you also get one rep point for every 1,000 posts I believe.

you're not doing to poorly considering you haven't been here that long and you're up to 4 points already...

I think that's how it works anyway...

Last edited:

Right. That's because the point to power funciton is not the identity function.

Rep power, the number displayed publically, is the amount you add or subtract from someone's rep points when you rep them. Your rep power is determined by your rep points via a nondecreasing function (that is, getting more rep points will never lower your rep power and losing rep points will never raise your rep power). The only other thing I know about the function is that it always spits out a lower number; your rep power is always less than your rep points, which I think is a good idea.

Beyond that I don't know how it works.

next time someone pos rep's you go find their rep power.. like mine is 14...if I rep you, the number (1215) should increase by 14....

you also get one rep point for every 1,000 posts I believe.

you're not doing to poorly considering you haven't been here that long and you're up to 4 points already...

I think that's how it works anyway...

Okay, thanks. I did get a rep from a one point member and it showed on my user cp page. Not sure how the rest of it works.
Wow a thousand posts huh? That's a lot of snappy come backs ain't it!

Don't worry about it. If you piss off the wrong person he'll just zero you out anyhow. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, I kinda figured that was part of it.
This place really took a turn for the worse...hey let's act like Gary Coleman pouting and call it "fair and balanced"
:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

Last edited:
Don't worry about it. If you piss off the wrong person he'll just zero you out anyhow. :eusa_whistle:

Fiirst off.. You get zero'd out and lose your rep priv. if you abuse them, which you clearly did.

Second? End of discussion.

Fiirst off.. You get zero'd out and lose your rep priv. if you abuse them, which you clearly did.

Second? End of discussion.

The mod who did it was since canned sister (Darin). Gunny was kind enough to reinstate a small portion of my points. Nice outfit that you have on, by the way. You do realize the French Maid thing has long been a turn on for me? :razz:

The mod who did it was since canned sister (Darin). Gunny was kind enough to reinstate a small portion of my points. Nice outfit that you have on, by the way. You do realize the French Maid thing has long been a turn on for me? :razz:

It's still NOT up for discussion, period.

Well the morphine is kicking in, and the wife has brought the wheelbarrow to roll me into my bedroom.

I like the maid attire Shattered, You are Hot Hot Hot!!!

Goodnight to all.

Okay, I now see it in User CP , But why doesn't it raise my rep power that is visible to all since 2006 ?:eusa_shhh:

I don't really understand your question. You joined in 2006? I haven't noticed you as a regular poster since then.

Rep power does not increase over time. It increases by accumulating rep points, and post count.

Forum List

Back