The religious myth of forgiveness is a gift to yourself

Too much not accepting the old tired norms that rose out of religions need to be the all knowing all seeing is why you people dont like what Im trying to say.

Think things out.

its good for you

I don't hate schizophrenics, I pity them.

They know they're crazy, and they can't help it.

And it's not an insult, it's an observation. I notice you haven't answered the question...

Are you schizophrenic?

Yes I am. And I've worked a lot with schizophrenics.

And you still haven't answered the question. Are you schizophrenic?

I already know the answer.

Meanwhile:

"Schizophrenia is a brain disorder that affects the way a person acts, thinks, and sees the world. People with schizophrenia have an altered perception of reality, often a significant loss of contact with reality. They may see or hear things that don’t exist, speak in strange or confusing ways, believe that others are trying to harm them, or feel like they’re being constantly watched. "

Understanding Schizophrenia: Signs, Symptoms, and Causes

you are pretty typical of the christians Ive met.

not very christ like

An interesting question. Kind of sad it needs to be asked, because isnt the very fact that someone needs forgiving mean they don't deserve it?

Whether they deserve it or not is beside the point. The question is whether you are going to carry around hate and resentment and anger at someone your whole life, or are you going to try to let it go?

Because it is an intellectual process and most religions try to make an emotional one that is an emotional benifit to the forgiver.

Its a myth.

To really forgive you have to understand.

You can find peace without having to forgive.

They were wrong not you.

why should it eat at the harmed that the person who harmed you is so bad they dont deserve forgivance?

Hate and desire for retribution is what tears people up.

You can give hate up and retribution and still not forgive.

This HAS TO be why you're such a hateful person. You have to learn to forgive and love yourself before you can show forgiveness and love to someone else.

What's happened to you to make you so bitter toward other people? If someone doesn't agree with you on ANY subject they're automatically on your "hate" list. I can't imagine what your life is really like.....it sounds pretty sad!

Because you can not understand what Im saying is not a reflection on me

Yes I am. And I've worked a lot with schizophrenics.

And you still haven't answered the question. Are you schizophrenic?

I already know the answer.

Meanwhile:

"Schizophrenia is a brain disorder that affects the way a person acts, thinks, and sees the world. People with schizophrenia have an altered perception of reality, often a significant loss of contact with reality. They may see or hear things that don’t exist, speak in strange or confusing ways, believe that others are trying to harm them, or feel like they’re being constantly watched. "

Understanding Schizophrenia: Signs, Symptoms, and Causes

I'm thinking you nailed it.

you are pretty typical of the christians Ive met.

not very christ like

Christ would have healed you of your demons.

I can't do that. I can just tell you, if you aren't schizophrenic, you do a really good impression of one.

But I know you are. Why not answer? Are you schizophrenic?

Whether they deserve it or not is beside the point. The question is whether you are going to carry around hate and resentment and anger at someone your whole life, or are you going to try to let it go?

Because it is an intellectual process and most religions try to make an emotional one that is an emotional benifit to the forgiver.

Its a myth.

To really forgive you have to understand.

You can find peace without having to forgive.

They were wrong not you.

why should it eat at the harmed that the person who harmed you is so bad they dont deserve forgivance?

Hate and desire for retribution is what tears people up.

You can give hate up and retribution and still not forgive.

This HAS TO be why you're such a hateful person. You have to learn to forgive and love yourself before you can show forgiveness and love to someone else.

What's happened to you to make you so bitter toward other people? If someone doesn't agree with you on ANY subject they're automatically on your "hate" list. I can't imagine what your life is really like.....it sounds pretty sad!

Forgive my self for what?

I didnt do anything that needed forgiving

Forum List

Back