The religious myth of forgiveness is a gift to yourself

Exactly what do you mean? Forgiveness can be a gift to yourself, but it's more a gift to others.

• Banned
Forgiveness is an understanding of why someone did what they did and forgiving them the weakness which produced the bad action.

Many religions claim it is not an intellectual process but merely a act.

• Banned
Can you function without findoing a way to forgive someone a horrible act?

Of course you can.

You just have to be in control of your full self enough to understand the world contains people so deeply flawed they deserve no forgiveness.

Its called being and adult.

• Banned
so many dont seem to want to think that hard and be that adult about it

Forgiveness is an understanding of why someone did what they did and forgiving them the weakness which produced the bad action.

No it's not. It's an act of forgiving someone, regardless of whether you understand them or not.

Speaking of forgiveness have you asked High Gravity for forgiveness yet after the racial slur you slung at him?

Forgiving the self--is that some form of redemption?

I don't think Forgiving others and forgiving the self are the same concepts.

So I wonder which is truly meant.

I think its a religious myth

I'm non-religious yet I forgive people often. I'm not sure what you are actually trying to say.

How does forgiving someone who did something bad/wrong have anything to do with religion?

It's impossible to tell what she is saying because she makes no sense, and the little bit that might make sense is generally a lie.

So why bring religion into it? Don't atheists or agnostics ever forgive?

You don't think forgiving someone else is a positive thing for you to do for yourself? Guess you've never tried it, I feel bad for you.

About "deserve", do you think you deserve forgiveness from others, and in particular do you think you can or should forgive yourself for past misdeeds? What difference does it make for what they deserve? What about what you deserve, hating on someone else has to be hard on yourself.

No it's not. It's an act of forgiving someone, regardless of whether you understand them or not.

It is an intellectual process of the mind.

To you its just emotional then?

No matter what I say in this thread you people will spew hate on it.

Its how you opperate

No matter what I say in this thread you people will spew hate on it.

Its how you opperate

answer my question and I won't spew hate on it as long as your not hateful toward me in your answer.

I think its a religious myth

I'm non-religious yet I forgive people often. I'm not sure what you are actually trying to say.

How does forgiving someone who did something bad/wrong have anything to do with religion?

Forum List

Back