The religious left

Hillary Clinton Gives Rare Glimpse Into Her Christian Faith Video TheBlaze.com

Hillary Clinton gave a rare, and I do mean rare, look into her religious views.

Apparently she is motivated to spread "social justice" to the rest of the world, which is inspired by her religious beliefs.

Is this a separation of church and state or are we being led by a fundamentalist wacko?

Ask her if she believes in a literalist interpretation of the Bible. If her answer is no, then she is not a fundamentalist.

So let me get this straight, so long as she does not believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible she can let what she thinks Jesus wants her to do in terms of public policy?

Got it!!

That is a different issue altogether. One can have religious convictions and still uphold the Constitution.

Apparently she is motivated to spread "social justice" to the rest of the world, which is inspired by her religious beliefs.

Is this a separation of church and state or are we being led by a fundamentalist wacko?

Everyone's a Christian when they're running for something. Show me an atheist running, and I'll show you an honest politician.

I suppose it is not impossible but then you would have to have the state run by people of no religion. Do you know any religious person whose religion does not affect their political views or whose religious beliefs would not influence their decisions if working for the state?

You've been around for a while.. Don't you remember preachers all over the country, not from the religious left, demonizing pot smokers and rock and roll, as if such innocuous things were responsible for every evil in society, and the next thing you knew unjust laws were passed by their minions working for the state and the cops were out in force all over the country violating civil rights, cracking skulls, breaking up families, seizing property, and throwing people in prison by the millions.. If you don't believe me you can look it up.

Then, like now, there was only an illusion of a separation.

To this day there are kooky religious people from Alaska to Florida who are deliberately trying to infiltrate positions of authority in the government for the specific purpose of changing laws and customs, in the name of Jesus, to reflect and favor their perverse view of the world and punish unbelievers. And they are not from the religious left.

Am I telling you something that you didn't already know?

Ok, Ok, so the only religious kooky people are on the right. Got it!

Hillary, on the other hand, will conduct public policy that she feels that Jesus would want her to do in an unkooky like fashion?

Let me put it this way. Everybody has been exposed to the story of the three pigs. Some people get the moral of the story, never have to read it again, and apply that knowledge in real life, (not kooky), Some people read the story, study it day and night for decades, and then campaign to enact national holidays to promote prayer to the pig, build temples in which to praise the smart pig, and prisons and an enormous corrupt Kafkaesque criminal justice system in which to punish anyone who seems like the big bad wolf because they will not worship a pig, (very kooky).

Who would you prefer in office?

Lets face it. If a person cannot comprehend the teachings conveyed in what amount to bronze age fairy tales designed to educate children what are the odds that they, in their blindness, could lead the nation to anything but disaster?

Last edited:
In my experience, that's the difference between real Christians and the phony thumpers.

Real Christians want to do good in the world. They want to leave the world a better place for having been in it.

The thumpers want to rape, pillage, burn and loot - and the want a pass, they want special treatment because they SAY they are "christians".

This is also the difference between libs and the radical (as opposed to true Conservatives) right.

I see, so long as you want to leave the world a better place then there need not be a separation of church and state.

Thanks for that.
When has the right ever complained about republican ventures that involve Religion?

Did God tell Obama to attack Gaddafi?

Will God tell Hillary to attack Assad?
Where, in the republican doctrine is nation building or a war on terror? Did a god tell the right to indulge the moral turpitude of bearing false witness to our own laws, with a McCarthy era phrase in our pledge?

It's pandering. It looks the same everywhere. I remember when Bush won and the question was posed to a Democrat (for some reason I want to say Nancy Pelosi but don't quote me on that) about what effect did the religious right have on the election and what did they intend to do about that. The response was, "I guess we get religion".

It has always been a good cover.

Forum List

Back