The Religion of Land

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
After watching the recent American films Celebrity and Syriana, I started thinking about how modern civilization pays special attention to the dialogue-demands of a pro-populism citizenry, something that the Trump Administration will surely have to deal with and is dealing with already (e.g., urban protests).

Here's a populism-friendly 'short-story' inspired by the film The Fan.

====

The American movie star Tom Cruise had become the nation's most exciting media personality, speaking out on the new age demand for unfiltered pro-populism dialogue during the Trump Administration while making culturally-symbolic films such as Born on the 4th of July and Lions for Lambs. A strong advocate of the Church of Scientology, Cruise believed that an empirical approach to capitalism best suited the needs of the American people in this new age of market-driven dialogue (e.g., European Union, Wall Street, Facebok, etc.). His strongest supporter was ironically an Armenian-American Internet-blogger and self-proclaimed 'vigilante' named Ajay Gangulee, a man who went on a personal crusade about the use of Internet 'avatars.'

Ajay believed that the widespread use of identity-masking aliases (or 'avatars') on Internet chatrooms and discussion boards reflected a new age interest in creating safe unfiltered dialogue. Ajay very much appreciated the pro-populism rhetoric Tom Cruise was delivering on talk-shows and on interviews and became interested in the Church of Scientology, though Ajay was a devout Catholic (a descendent of a prominent family from Asia, Ajay converted to Catholicism after reading the works of Karl Marx, Thomas Hobbes, and Howard Zinn). Ajay wanted to approach Cruise about a 'land-based religion' in praise of the 'general philosophy' of 'living metaphysics' presented in the Nobel-winning novel The Good Earth.

"Dear Mr. Cruise ---

It has become conspicuous how Planet Hollywood culture in America is conducive to the marketing of people-based politics presented in new age films such as Lions for Lambs and Syriana. I myself work with the psychological impact of Internet avatars and how identity-masked dialogue parallels the American celebration of Halloween in a multicultural nation plagued by immigration problems and a disattached state (which perhaps the Trump Administration may address). I study in particular a special A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) robot avatar named Cylconus, a wolfish cunning assassin robot who transforms into a jet-fighter and serves a terrorist army of robots called 'Decepticons.' Like the iconic American horror film avatar Leatherface (the fictional cannibalistic chainsaw-wielding 'monster' from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre horror film franchise), Cyclonus captures all of the grit and gruesomeness of a modern civilization hypnotized by identity and self-presentation values. I look forward to working with you as a peer, consultant, and fan!"

------------

"Dear Mr. Gangulee ---

I am pleased to receive your fan letter, and though I rarely respond to fanmail personally, I found your note to be of particular importance and significance. As you suggested, I work closely with a new age interest in pro-populism 'chatter,' and I'm intrigued by your study of Internet avatars (i.e., Cyclonus). Cyclonus is indeed a 'wolfish robot' apparently symbolizing a civilization angst towards terrorism and leadership, and like Leatherface, he captures some of the psychological angst associated with self-presentation gone eschew. I myself have enjoyed the Leatherface horror films and am a big fan of Planet Hollywood and am interested in how the Church of Scientology addresses new age interests in unfiltered dialogue about a 'religion for the people and *by* the people.' I would be interested in corresponding over the Internet (perhaps on an Internet discussion board utilizing masked aliases. Perhaps we can construct a dialogue-friendly 'loose-religion' catering to interests in both Scientology and a mainstream religion (e.g., Catholicism). Meet me on the World Discussion Board where we can discuss Pearl Buck, Howard Hughes, and Planet Hollywood!"

====

The Good Earth

Syriana

masons.gif

guerilla2.jpg

monster2.jpg

Forum List

Back