The Religion of Government

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
It seems to me, a humble atheist, that we are on the verge of a new religious movement in this country; the religion of government.

More people every day are turning to government for hope and assistance. In general people have more faith in government than in themselves or their neighbors.

And we have our priests of government on high, dictating to us ways to live our lives and calling for tithes of 30% or more of our income so government has the power to enforce its will. And instead of being punished in hell, if we do not comply with the Almighty Government we will be imprisoned and have our possessions confiscated.

We are blithely surrendering our liberties and ability to make choices to the government. We are walking complacently into bondage and oppression.

But it is oppression for by and of the people so I guess it's OK.

Merry Christmas. Enjoy it while you can because pretty soon it'll be illegal.

Actually, religion was probably the first attempt at governace. It was used to make the ruler a god in ancient empires such as the Roman and Babylonian empires. It was also a method of teaching law and jurispudence to the people.

Now the arguement that people are turning to government for assistance, Well hello--we are in the middle of a recession, S.Pilot. It takes time to make money out of a business venture, so tell us how are you to survive until then?

Credit Cards--now the banks are offering 70% interests rates!! Your debt will pratically TRIPLE after only 2 cycles!!

Church--some religious organizations want you to covert before they help you!!

Neighbors--Hello, they are pressed to the breaking point(and some even broke) as well

So what is the most time tested and easily accessible avenue--The Government!!

Do you have an alternative to government that eiither will not milk you for the rest of your life or be refused due to their own situations?

Im afraid this group has been in power for a long time. The Adversary likes creating imitations of geniune faith in Christ. And He is very efficient after several thousand years of making many different versions of his imitation.

This is what you get when you make atheism the 'default setting'. People will always worship something, and it will be the most powerful thing they can think of. That means government becomes the religion which is far worse, I think, than a government that uses religion as it's compass for wise decisions for the good of their people. It worked very very well for the first 175 years of this nation's history. But since divorcing ourselves from a legal connection to right and wrong, and resting on what is permitted or not legally, we have been going downhill at a more and more rapid pace.

You're right. Saying Merry Christmas isn't illegal yet... but the trend is going that way.

Im afraid this group has been in power for a long time. The Adversary likes creating imitations of geniune faith in Christ. And He is very efficient after several thousand years of making many different versions of his imitation.

Scriptures say, "render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's." I agree that we need to do that. However, the current Caesar has begun to claim what is not his. It ie time to reclaim what belongs to the people. It is time to get rid of the current government, and start over.

Sounds too hard. It is too hard, unless enough people choose to join to do it. I believe that is happening, unfortunately, there may be more than one group who wants to do this, and then those groups will have to choose to join hands, or fight for control> A never ending battle.

God is my ultimate leader. I will render unto Him that which is His. Oh, now that I think about it, everything is His.

Uncle Sam, go get another job, I am tired of putting my money into your pay check. Or, you might choose to do what you are hired to do, represent the people. Now that is an interesting concept!

Actually, religion was probably the first attempt at governace. It was used to make the ruler a god in ancient empires such as the Roman and Babylonian empires. It was also a method of teaching law and jurispudence to the people.

Now the arguement that people are turning to government for assistance, Well hello--we are in the middle of a recession, S.Pilot. It takes time to make money out of a business venture, so tell us how are you to survive until then?

Credit Cards--now the banks are offering 70% interests rates!! Your debt will pratically TRIPLE after only 2 cycles!!

Church--some religious organizations want you to covert before they help you!!

Neighbors--Hello, they are pressed to the breaking point(and some even broke) as well

So what is the most time tested and easily accessible avenue--The Government!!

Do you have an alternative to government that eiither will not milk you for the rest of your life or be refused due to their own situations?

People who make poor choices reap the whirlwind. It is not up to me to bail them out via tax dollars.

This recession was in large part the fault of government but we are happy to let government get bigger, more powerful and more expensive as long as there is something in it for us.

Who cares if some senators took bribes to vote for so called health care reform? Who cares if people in other states will pick up the bill for those bribes?

Who cares that the government wants to tax things you eat and drink because they are bad for you?

Who cares that government is meddling in private business and voiding contracts between employers and employees?

Who cares that we will be forced to buy more expensive health insurance than we might buy?

People putting so much faith in government to solve their problems wind up being controlled by government.

All these things are accepted by the faithful just as heaven and hell are accepted by the religious

More expensive and intrusive government is NOT the answer to this recession or any other problem we may face.

It seems to me, a humble atheist, that we are on the verge of a new religious movement in this country; the religion of government.

More people every day are turning to government for hope and assistance. In general people have more faith in government than in themselves or their neighbors.

And we have our priests of government on high, dictating to us ways to live our lives and calling for tithes of 30% or more of our income so government has the power to enforce its will. And instead of being punished in hell, if we do not comply with the Almighty Government we will be imprisoned and have our possessions confiscated.

We are blithely surrendering our liberties and ability to make choices to the government. We are walking complacently into bondage and oppression.

Too late, the religious movement started about 30 years ago. They have already subverted an entire political party.

They have spread their fear so that many are afraid of this "huge government takeover".

The people we have to fear are actually the political party that is spreading this anti government sentiment. THEY are the ones who want to take over. If they can convince the population to FEAR the existing government, then they can step in and TAKE OVER. The believe people will turn from and reject the US government and turn towards them as the "saviours" of American freedom.

And what will will this freedom look like? Read between the lines of the Republican platform and carry their policies to the logical conclusion.

That conclusion being:

1. Death to the gays.

2. Strip women of rights.

3. Return to Jim Crow laws.

4. Force religion into public schools.

5. End Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

6. Remove all regulations concerning clean air and clean water.

7. War.

8. Make Christianity the "National Religion".

And there is plenty more where that came from.

Read their plan:

The Wedge Strategy - Center for the Renewal of Science and Culture

People do have an odd infatuation with government. People have a faith that if we have a single group of people pillaging and threatening everyone within a given territory the world will be a better place. They believe that good must be complemented with evil to prevent evil. I know it makes no sense but that's why it's faith without reason.

People do have an odd infatuation with government. People have a faith that if we have a single group of people pillaging and threatening everyone within a given territory the world will be a better place. They believe that good must be complemented with evil to prevent evil. I know it makes no sense but that's why it's faith without reason.
People want to be ruled. They don't want liberty. It is far easier to let a few men or a single god make all their decisions for them.

☭proletarian☭;1841073 said:
People want to be ruled. They don't want liberty. It is far easier to let a few men or a single god make all their decisions for them.

I could almost understand if people were being ruled by a "single God". The problem is that anything mystical is not real. That means all those religious laws and threats of damnation and eternal punishment were made up by people. There was nothing "supernatural" involved.

Worse, American Christians have no respect for "middle easterners". The religion they follow is an "American offshoot" of Middle Eastern religion. Only the names remain the same and most of those are probably not even pronounced correctly.

If a sandaled, long haired, bearded Jesus in dirty wizards robes with middle eastern features, showed up in America, there is not a single Brookes Brother suit wearing evangelical that would get on his knees and "bow down before him". To even think that is a joke.

So because you say there cant be anything mystical, there isnt anything mystical.

Gods have a way of being mecurial, grumpy and demanding. They ask for a lot and give little. The gd of government, like most other religions gives mostly to the priests and takes lots from every one else, and the priesthood punishes heresy hard.

Too late, the religious movement started about 30 years ago. They have already subverted an entire political party.

They have spread their fear so that many are afraid of this "huge government takeover".

The people we have to fear are actually the political party that is spreading this anti government sentiment. THEY are the ones who want to take over. If they can convince the population to FEAR the existing government, then they can step in and TAKE OVER. The believe people will turn from and reject the US government and turn towards them as the "saviours" of American freedom.

And what will will this freedom look like? Read between the lines of the Republican platform and carry their policies to the logical conclusion.

That conclusion being:

1. Death to the gays.

7. War.

Read their plan:

oh Lord... :funnyface: utter bullshit.

Do you REALLY want to play this stupid game? Shall we follow the logical conclusions of an atheistic government? We've seen it done many times before, we can start laying it out too.

☭proletarian☭;1841073 said:
Yes I moo moo... moo moo mooooo moo moo MOO rule me mooo!

Ummm no.

That conclusion being:

1. Death to the gays.

7. War.

Read their plan:

Do you REALLY want to play this stupid game? Shall we follow the logical conclusions of an atheistic government? We've seen it done many times before, we can start laying it out too.

I didn't write the "Wedge Strategy". Christians did.:scared1:

That conclusion being:

1. Death to the gays.

7. War.

Read their plan:

Nice list of fear you are spreading. Seems as though you are doing the same thing you accuse the Religious movement of.

That conclusion being:

1. Death to the gays.

7. War.

Read their plan:

The fact you believe this utter stupidity is what's truely frightening.

I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

That conclusion being:

1. Death to the gays.

7. War.

Read their plan:

Nice list of fear you are spreading. Seems as though you are doing the same thing you accuse the Religious movement of.

Fear is spewing things like:

Paling around with terrorists
Death Panels
Kill Grandma
Rationing healthcare
You are with us or with the terrorists
Government will take over you life
Obama wants to teach sex to pre schoolers

There are no rational facts behind any of this stuff. Just endlessly repeating it, doesn't make it rational.

Now I can go through the list I made and make a case for each one. Start with the gays. You have religious leaders suggesting 9/11 happened because of gays and feminists. Carry that to the extreme. If someone was responsible for bringing down two buildings and killing thousands, shouldn't they be punished? Besides, the Bible says:
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."
Every bit of hatred directed toward the gays from the right is inspired by the Bible.

If the right could have their way with this country, you wouldn't recognize it as the United States. Read the "Wedge Strategy". It's not like they have been "quiet". During the last 30 years, the right has been out there and have told us EXACTLY what they want to do.

The fact you believe this utter stupidity is what's truely frightening.

I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

That's the funny thing about right wingers. They spew this stuff and when called on it, they say, "The fact you believe this utter stupidity is what's truely frightening." Why would they write it if they didn't mean it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back