The Regressive Left and Islam -- What is happening here?

This is so fascinating to watch, and election of London's new mayor is shedding even more light on it.

Members of one specific religion - a religion with a current record of extreme violence, intimidation and terror - are telling us precisely what they're going to do, and they're doing it. It's expansion is clear and rapid and undeniable. We're watching it happen in real time, particularly across Europe. This isn't a partisan or religious opinion, it is a clear fact, based on observation.

Meanwhile, a group of people - the Regressive Left (as honest liberal Bill Maher refers to them), a group all too happy to attack the misdeeds of another religion (Christianity, obviously) in absolutely every possible way, at absolutely every opportunity, are bending over backwards to be defensive and so very tolerant of the first religion. A religion, by the way, that treats women and gays as lesser objects, among other behaviors that the Regressive Leftists loathe.

Exactly what is happening here?

Is this just a petulant, knee-jerk reaction against Christianity and conservatives, is it that simple? Are they willing to be so very tolerant of one specific religion just to be contrarian against certain other people they hate?

Or could it be more? Is this behavior related to the payback tactics that we're seeing with race and wealth? Or perhaps do they harbor certain affinities for the religion to which they won't openly admit?

And directly to the Regressive Leftists here: I'm certainly not, nor do I ever, expect a straight, clear and honest answer from you on this. What I expect from you is the standard deflection, derision, personal insults and name-calling. I know that's what we'll get, it's an easy prediction. This thread is specifically about your behaviors, not about Islam. I'm just curious about this, and perhaps some other responses will shed some light or provide some clues.
First of all, no one is speaking against Christianity. Secondly, you are just promoting more hate, fear and ignorance with this inane equine excrement. So stop it.!!
Perfect illustration, thanks.
Yes, that is exactly what you do, Mac1958. No one is attacking Christianity despite your arguments to the contrary.

This is so fascinating to watch, and election of London's new mayor is shedding even more light on it.

Members of one specific religion - a religion with a current record of extreme violence, intimidation and terror - are telling us precisely what they're going to do, and they're doing it. It's expansion is clear and rapid and undeniable. We're watching it happen in real time, particularly across Europe. This isn't a partisan or religious opinion, it is a clear fact, based on observation.

Meanwhile, a group of people - the Regressive Left (as honest liberal Bill Maher refers to them), a group all too happy to attack the misdeeds of another religion (Christianity, obviously) in absolutely every possible way, at absolutely every opportunity, are bending over backwards to be defensive and so very tolerant of the first religion. A religion, by the way, that treats women and gays as lesser objects, among other behaviors that the Regressive Leftists loathe.

Is this just a petulant, knee-jerk reaction against Christianity and conservatives, is it that simple? Are they willing to be so very tolerant of one specific religion just to be contrarian against certain other people they hate?

Or could it be more? Is this behavior related to the payback tactics that we're seeing with race and wealth? Or perhaps do they harbor certain affinities for the religion to which they won't openly admit?

And directly to the Regressive Leftists here: I'm certainly not, nor do I ever, expect a straight, clear and honest answer from you on this. What I expect from you is the standard deflection, derision, personal insults and name-calling. I know that's what we'll get, it's an easy prediction. This thread is specifically about your behaviors, not about Islam. I'm just curious about this, and perhaps some other responses will shed some light or provide some clues.
First of all, no one is speaking against Christianity. Secondly, you are just promoting more hate, fear and ignorance with this inane equine excrement. So stop it.!!
Regressive Mac1958 makes his silly arguments, then doubles down. His side of the far right is into fear and hate and ignorance, and will attack anyone who disagrees. He will not stop it.

Mac is a moderate liberal who is able to see the foibles of both sides of the political spectrum. .

Only a complete moron would think he is part of the far right.
He's a troll, in his own little world.

He IM'd me last night, talking like that too. I think he actually believes the stuff he says, seriously. He literally doesn't see what he is.

That IM changed my mind about him. There's something wrong there, and I'm not gonna enable it.

Regressive Mac1958 makes his silly arguments, then doubles down. His side of the far right is into fear and hate and ignorance, and will attack anyone who disagrees. He will not stop it.

Mac is a moderate liberal who is able to see the foibles of both sides of the political spectrum. .

Only a complete moron would think he is part of the far right.
He's a troll, in his own little world.

He IM'd me last night, talking like that too. I think he actually believes the stuff he says, seriously. He literally doesn't see what he is.

That IM changed my mind about him. There's something wrong there, and I'm not gonna enable it.
Mac of course is describing himself as a weak little troll. He is no liberal, moderate or otherwise. Mac believes his trolling is accepted by most of the Board: how silly of him. I will never aid and abet his lack of competence and his meanness of spirit.

Back to the OP: no one here is attacking Christianity. When people talk about Islam's faults, then it is proper to put that in context in comparing those faults with other religions.

A year later and the streets of London are not soaked in blood.

Mayor Khan,elected by a diverse electorate, has not started beheading Gays in Trafalgar Square and the world continues to turn much as it always has.

London is an example to the rest of the world.

If

Mayor Khan,elected by a diverse electorate, has not started beheading Gays in Trafalgar Square and the world continues to turn much as it always has.

If London is happy losing its identity, that's fine with me.

I liked the old one. But this ain't my call.

If

If London is happy losing its identity, that's fine with me.

I liked the old one. But this ain't my call.
What identity ? Londons identity has been constant change.

It was 'just' reported Hillary's Saudi campaign contributer just donated millions for the advancement of Sharia law in the US...

...she has already taken millions from Islamic nations that oppress women, treat them like property, stone them for being raped, and engage in the mutilation of female genitalia....

Obama helped the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaedlida take over their own nations and allowed ISIS to freely enter Iraq to begin taking over much of the country our military had liberated at great cost...

Barry supplied, armed, trained, protected, and defended ISIS...

He defended terrorists who killed Americans on US soil, claiming one terrorist attack was a case of 'workplace violence' & using the DOJ to threaten Americans for using their Constitutionally protected freedom of speech if they said anything negative after the terrorist he gave a visa to and welcomed into the country killed 12 Americans...

Of course questioning their motives / actions is not allowed / is condemned by liberals, who insist anyone suggesting all of this is 'questionable behavior' is the one we should worry about...
Document it or STFU!
My dear snowflake, I have done so NUMETOUS times. Feel free to research or STFU.

Forum List

Back