The refs giveth and they taketh away

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
and sometimes they don't make the call. Or maybe don't see it, although it looked pretty obvious. Lions - Vikes, last play of the game, on Detroit's 1 yd line. Vikes need a TD, their QB drops back under heavy rush, Detroit player grabs his facemask. Ball is fumbled, ends up at midfield, game over.

In all honesty it should been a defensive penalty on Detroit cuz they had not recovered the fumble when the facemask penalty occurred. So, Minny shoulda got the ball and one last untimed play from the 1 or thereabouts. But no flag, no foul, Lions win.

Over the years the Lions have usually been on the other side where they lost on a no-call. If I was a Vikes fan I'd be pissed, they made a heckuva comeback. Sorry fellas, another poor job of officiating.

Like the Vikings give a shit. Just ensures they'll get a better draft pick than the Dolphins.

Like the Vikings give a shit. Just ensures they'll get a better draft pick than the Dolphins.

I don't believe that, those guys looked to me like they wanted the win. The Lions took one from them at their place, I'm thinking those guys don't give a crap about draft picks right now.

I don't believe that, those guys looked to me like they wanted the win. The Lions took one from them at their place, I'm thinking those guys don't give a crap about draft picks right now.

I believe you're right about the players. I was looking at it more from a fan's perspective. I was all aboard the 'Suck For Luck' warwagon when the Fins were 0-7 and am currently butthurt they stumbled their way upon 4 wins lol

Steve Young was on ESPN earlier today and he said:
"Everybody I played with thought that a loss took you one step closer to losing your job so everyone played their hearts out regardless of win-loss record."

Forum List

Back