The refs giveth and they taketh away

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Wiseacre, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    and sometimes they don't make the call. Or maybe don't see it, although it looked pretty obvious. Lions - Vikes, last play of the game, on Detroit's 1 yd line. Vikes need a TD, their QB drops back under heavy rush, Detroit player grabs his facemask. Ball is fumbled, ends up at midfield, game over.

In all honesty it should been a defensive penalty on Detroit cuz they had not recovered the fumble when the facemask penalty occurred. So, Minny shoulda got the ball and one last untimed play from the 1 or thereabouts. But no flag, no foul, Lions win.

Over the years the Lions have usually been on the other side where they lost on a no-call. If I was a Vikes fan I'd be pissed, they made a heckuva comeback. Sorry fellas, another poor job of officiating.

2. imbalance

imbalance Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Like the Vikings give a shit. Just ensures they'll get a better draft pick than the Dolphins.

3. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194

I don't believe that, those guys looked to me like they wanted the win. The Lions took one from them at their place, I'm thinking those guys don't give a crap about draft picks right now.

4. imbalance

imbalance Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I believe you're right about the players. I was looking at it more from a fan's perspective. I was all aboard the 'Suck For Luck' warwagon when the Fins were 0-7 and am currently butthurt they stumbled their way upon 4 wins lol

5. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    Steve Young was on ESPN earlier today and he said:
    "Everybody I played with thought that a loss took you one step closer to losing your job so everyone played their hearts out regardless of win-loss record."