The Recovery Thread

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
It is likely that the bottom in the economy was either in the second or third quarter. This thread is for evidence that the economy is recovering.

I believe that the economy is going to rebound, albeit it is going to be choppy, and there is a high probability of a double dip.

Having said that, there is evidence that the economy will soon start growing if it is not already.

First piece of evidence presented: Yesterday on their conference call, the CEO of Google said that the worst of the recession is behind us and that the businesses they serve - which is a wide swath of the economy - appear to be picking up.

Second piece of evidence: Many semiconductor companies in their quarterly earnings releases have said they are seeing an increase in shipments, and that end demand for computers and electronics appears to be rising.

Last edited:
The economy is still losing hundreds of thousands of jobs every month. When that stops, you'll see the bottom. We aren't there yet....

Economies always bottom before jobs do.

ALWAYS? In every economy? :lol: When the gov't manipulates the unemployment data the way they do these days, I doubt it. Certainly you can PROVE it, right?

When you are losing 500,000 jobs a month you can spin the bad news any way you like, but a recovery it ain't.

Recovery my ass.

When I "recover" my paycheck I'll start posting some evidence.

Its a false recovery when it comes.. After all its all based on a bigger debt and more spending..

Our country is simply borrowing and printing up money.. nothing more. And if THAT brought prosperity to a country then Zimbabwe is richer than EVERYBODY.

It is likely that the bottom in the economy was either in the second or third quarter. This thread is for evidence that the economy is recovering.

I believe that the economy is going to rebound, albeit it is going to be choppy, and there is a high probability of a double dip.

Having said that, there is evidence that the economy will soon start growing if it is not already.

First piece of evidence presented: Yesterday on their conference call, the CEO of Google said that the worst of the recession is behind us and that the businesses they serve - which is a wide swath of the economy - appear to be picking up.

Second piece of evidence: Many semiconductor companies in their quarterly earnings releases have said they are seeing an increase in shipments, and that end demand for computers and electronics appears to be rising.

During the 60's and 70's manufacturing was the driver for the economy. During the 80's it was finance and credit. During the 90's it was new technology and free trade. During the 00's it was housing and credit. Today manufacturing is dead. Credit, housing, and finance have been reigned in. And both the new technology of the internet and free trade are established. So what's going to be the next driver of the economy? Identify that you will know when recovery is complete...

The economy is still losing hundreds of thousands of jobs every month. When that stops, you'll see the bottom. We aren't there yet....

ALWAYS? In every economy? :lol: When the gov't manipulates the unemployment data the way they do these days, I doubt it. Certainly you can PROVE it, right?

When you are losing 500,000 jobs a month you can spin the bad news any way you like, but a recovery it ain't.

If government is manipulating data how do you know we are loosing 500K jobs a month? Got any proof?

America has two choices left.

Keep charging the China credit card or go all fucking Roman while you still can and use your military power to extort your way out of this.

That is about it at this point.

Even Bollywood will replace you in the movie bussiness.

America has two choices left.

Keep charging the China credit card or go all fucking Roman while you still can and use your military power to extort your way out of this.

That is about it at this point.

Even Bollywood will replace you in the movie bussiness.

Or Option 3: Dine and Dash leaving Canada with the bill. :eusa_whistle:

If government is manipulating data how do you know we are loosing 500K jobs a month? Got any proof?

Common sense tells me that politicians would manipulate the numbers to help themselves. Therefore unemployment numbers are under-reported and job creation numbers are overstated. Do you think losing a "reported" 500K jobs per month is somehow helping Obama? :lol:

Last edited:

Common sense tells me that politicians would manipulate the numbers to help themselves. Therefore unemployment numbers are under-reported and job creation numbers are overstated. Do you think losing a "reported" 500K jobs per month is somehow helping Obama? :lol:

So Obama is manipulating numbers to help himself? If that was the case wouldn't he report that the economy is adding jobs? Wouldn't that help him more than reporting job losses of 500k?

One shouldn't speak of common sense when one isn't using any...

So Obama is manipulating numbers to help himself? If that was the case wouldn't he report that the economy is adding jobs? Wouldn't that help him more than reporting job losses of 500k?

One shouldn't speak of common sense when one isn't using any...

I am not saying OBAMA is manipulating the data, the system the government uses to report the data is rigged and has been for a long time. It is rigged to under report unemployment and overstate job creation.

It all depends on the weather. I'm sure you've read the studies on market conditions and the weather, right Toro? :lol:

Forum List

Back