The reason why we have the most expensive healthcare in the world

Yeah as they WAIT for months on end and wither and DIE on the vine?

No they don't. Not even remotely true. My boyfriend is British. I have friends in Canada, France, Sweden, Britain and Ireland and our healthcare and health insurance systems are terrible in comparison. They think we're stupid because we have completely sold out to the insurance companies and big pharma. Facts are facts.

Who gives a fuckin' tinker's DAMN what "THEY" think? FACTS ARE...that American Healthcare *IF* this goes through will be in the hands of unattached BUREAUCRATS that will ultimately make Life/Death decisions on whether or not the Government PLAN will allow you to even SEE a doctor and PAY for it.

What fuckin' world do you live in anyway? I don't particuliarally give a RAT'S ASS what some dumbass CANUCK, or LIMEY thinks truth be told.

There are HORROR STORIES in BOTH PLACES, and many from there still COME HERE to get done what needs to be done...and YOU forgot to include that little tidbit, didn't you?

You do NOT replace an entire house for LEAKS in the roof.
No, that's what private insurance does now.

For every member of Congress, there were eight lobbyists working to influence health care reform last year, according to research by The Center for Public Integrity.

That's about 4,525 total lobbyists from 1,750 companies that include 207 hospitals, 105 insurance companies and 85 manufacturing companies.

The biggest group by far were the trade and advocacy organizations, which accounted for a whopping 745 companies lobbying for their own vision of health care in the US.

Lobbying run amok: Eight health care lobbyists for every member of Congress | Raw Story

All that article says is that there are a lot of health care lobbyists. Well, no shit, Holmes. So does every other industry. How does this account for the U.S. health care system being the most expensive in the world? Do you have any idea?

Horseshit.

The reason health care is cheaper in other countries is because they use effective cost savings techniques that work better and cheaper.

Can you provide us with a list of those techniques?

And drugs don't make people healthier.

So if I have high blood pressure and I take medication that helps bring it down to normal levels, I didn't just get healthier?

Yeah as they WAIT for months on end and wither and DIE on the vine?

No they don't. Not even remotely true.

Actually, it's quite true and there is plenty of factual evidence out there that proves it. You can read it about the problem with the NHS in the British newspapers almost daily. All the statistical evidence shows that the majority of care is better here in the U.S. than anywhere else.

Facts are facts.

Correct and you may want to start looking them up.

Last edited:
Well, I've talked at length with every last one of them and they all go to the doctor when they need to, never have to wait and they are all very happy with the degree of care they get.

Happy like this guy?

Neglected by 'lazy' nurses, Kane Gorny, 22, dying of thirst rang the police to beg for water | Mail Online

You can read about this kind of stuff on an almost daily basis in the UK.

And none of them have to worry about going bankrupt by getting cancer.

Yes, that's because they die.

Yea, all by himself.:cuckoo:

Yeah, I was thinking that when he made the ridiculous claim.

Course, he does seem to think that he can silence anyone who disagrees with him. so maybe thats what he has in mind.

You got Obama confused with Republicans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jifjRVLVjzA]YouTube - Obama: I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking[/ame]

So that's a Republican and not the President?

Drugs are way overused in our system. There are other, cheaper ways of healing. But drugs and surgery are the ones that make the most money. That is why our system is loves them.

Alright, how would you prefer we healed brain tumors, cancer, Appendicitis, etc?

Yeah....Lobbyists are the only reason.

Does one get used to the excruciating pain that chronic stupidity must certainly inflict upon a body?

I hate to correct you onthis Dude, but there is a classic quote "No Brain, No Pain"
Chris is certainly pain free.

When faced with the truth, righties do one of two things.

Personal insult.

Change the subject.

You have managed to do both in one post.

You're a brain dead, dickless wonder. How many polar bears are drowning this week ? :eusa_whistle:

now i am not putting the UK's system down....im sure they have good points as well as bad.....but if the UK has ins for everyone .....why is it necessary to have a benefit concert for ex Iron Maiden Drummer Clive Burr who suffers from MS....the cost of his disease has put him in tremendous debt....i thought this kind of shit only happens here?.....Anyone?.....maybe the expert Chris can tell me....

Does one get used to the excruciating pain that chronic stupidity must certainly inflict upon a body?

Haven't you ever heard that ignorance is bliss? I figure Chris is one of the most blissful people on Earth.

I thought Obama was the one who was going to get rid of Lobbyists..

Okay, would it be pointing out the painfully obvious to say that it wouldn't matter HOW many freaking lobbyists there were for health insurance companies if the government would just get the fuck OUTof the healthcare industry? Lobbying only makes a difference on subjects the government acts on.

Haven't you ever heard that ignorance is bliss? I figure Chris is one of the most blissful people on Earth.

That's precisely why i dont believe the ignorance is bliss line.

They very well may. It doesn't change the fact Chris. We have far higher R&D expenses than most other countries. The drugs and treaments that save lives cost money. It's that simple. That is a cost of health care that most other countries simply don't have as much of. If you are in denial about that you have problems.

And did you read that last sentence before you posted it? Are you being serious. I won't be so obtuse as to contend that you must believe we don't need drugs to cure people from illness, on the other hand it's hard to figure out what else you may be contending. My parents would love to have known they didn't need to spend that money on me for chemo and radiation. I would live have know that didnt' really need a drug to help my arthritis. Why didn't you tell me I could just wait it out?

Drugs are way overused in our system. There are other, cheaper ways of healing. But drugs and surgery are the ones that make the most money. That is why our system is loves them.

Are they over prescribed? Maybe. That's a bit of a back pedal from "We don't need drugs" They cost more because they have higher research and development costs then say insert pin here and feel better. They are used more prevalently not because they make money but because our cultural is slow to believe in more holistic type medicines. It isn't realistic to think that holistic medicine can cure everything anymore than drugs can cure everything.

I can tell you from my own personal experience with arthritis that the drug I was prescribed has simply been a miracle. I was on it back when it was in the trial stages. I couldn't walk without being in excruciating pain. That drug was developed here in the U.S.

This isn't politics Chris, it's simple facts. Development costs money. And the fairest way to pay for it is via those peope that will benefit from it.

Drugs don't make people healthier? Funny, I could swear that's EXACTLY what the antibiotics did the last time I had an ear infection. :confused:

Well, I've talked at length with every last one of them and they all go to the doctor when they need to, never have to wait and they are all very happy with the degree of care they get. And none of them have to worry about going bankrupt by getting cancer.

They say that the right wing (the puppets for the health insurance industry and pharma) are completely distorting their medical care systems and they are completely right.

So basically, we should ignore the multiple reports by the British government and the various news organizations of the UK in favor of anecdotal evidence from your boyfriend? Yeah, right.

Tell you what, genius. How about I give the same weight to the opinions of your boyfriend et al about a system they've never experienced as you do to my opinions of THEIR system?

Last edited:
I have an idea. Why don't we clarify exactly what we mean by "most expensive healthcare"? Are we talking about how much money is spent in total on healthcare every year? Are we talking about the total amount the government spends on it? Are we talking about the price of insurance premiums? Are we talking about the price of individual procedures?

Let's be specific, because frankly, the reasons for each thing are quite different.

For every member of Congress, there were eight lobbyists working to influence health care reform last year, according to research by The Center for Public Integrity.

That's about 4,525 total lobbyists from 1,750 companies that include 207 hospitals, 105 insurance companies and 85 manufacturing companies.

The biggest group by far were the trade and advocacy organizations, which accounted for a whopping 745 companies lobbying for their own vision of health care in the US.

Lobbying run amok: Eight health care lobbyists for every member of Congress | Raw Story

Wake up soon and you might realize we have the BEST HC in the WORLD.....

My Aunt diagnosed with stage 2 bladder cancer August '09, today she is cancer free and has a new bladder created from 2' of her lower intestines thanks to the incredibly talented doctors at MD Anderson, now Chris tell us all what country has produced such results besides the USA......BTW save yourself some time, there is no other that leads the USA on medicine, NO ONE.....

Forum List

Back