The reason why we have the most expensive healthcare in the world

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
For every member of Congress, there were eight lobbyists working to influence health care reform last year, according to research by The Center for Public Integrity.

That's about 4,525 total lobbyists from 1,750 companies that include 207 hospitals, 105 insurance companies and 85 manufacturing companies.

The biggest group by far were the trade and advocacy organizations, which accounted for a whopping 745 companies lobbying for their own vision of health care in the US.

Lobbying run amok: Eight health care lobbyists for every member of Congress | Raw Story

We have the most expensive health care system in the word because pious do-gooding little dickweeds like you want free everything for everyone, at the expense of everyone else.

No, it's because idiots like you are carrying water for the healthcare lobbyists who are ripping us off.

For every member of Congress, there were eight lobbyists working to influence health care reform last year, according to research by The Center for Public Integrity.

That's about 4,525 total lobbyists from 1,750 companies that include 207 hospitals, 105 insurance companies and 85 manufacturing companies.

The biggest group by far were the trade and advocacy organizations, which accounted for a whopping 745 companies lobbying for their own vision of health care in the US.

Lobbying run amok: Eight health care lobbyists for every member of Congress | Raw Story

:clap2:

Chumps. All of us. We're letting the horn-dogs guard the cat-house.

We must look so stupid from space.......​

You do realize that you and your ilk were lobbying Congress all last year to pass this monstrousity, don't you?

You also understand, that Americans have a right to talk to their representatives and organize into groups in order to further their viewpoints don't you?

You also realize that none of these groups would be lobbying Congress if you weren't trying to mess with the healthcare industry and simply followed the Constitution, don't you?

Who am I kidding, why would you know any of this stuff?

actually, it's because leeches like you don't buy insurance, kirky.

We have the most expensive health care system in the word because pious do-gooding little dickweeds like you want free everything for everyone, at the expense of everyone else.

No, it's because idiots like you are carrying water for the healthcare lobbyists who are ripping us off.

That may be part of it but it's certainly not all of it. Another big chunk of our health care costs is because we are the source of the bulk of the innovations in treatment in drugs and that costs money. The reason health care is cheaper in other countries is because we do all the work for them especially in the area drugs.

Complain all you like about the higher cost of care here, just realize you can't have it both ways. You can't pile on the restrictions on pharmaceutical companies and hospitals in the name of low cost to the consumer and expect them to continue to crank out the life improving, life saving treatments and drugs at they rate they have.

Last edited:

That may be part of it but it's certainly not all of it. Another big chunk of our health care costs is because we are the source of the bulk of the innovations in treatment in drugs and that costs money. The reason health care is cheaper in other countries is because we do all the work for them especially in the area drugs.

Complain all you like about the higher cost of care here, just realize you can't have it both ways. You can't pile on the restrictions on pharmaceutical companies and hospitals in the name of low cost to the consumer and expect them to continue to crank out the life improving, life saving treatments and drugs at they rate they have.

Horseshit.

The reason healthcare is cheaper in other countries is because they use effective cost savings techniques that work better and cheaper.

And drugs don't make people healthier.

Why should I pay someone to lobby Congress to deny me coverage?

That would be stupid.

Why should I pay someone to lobby Congress to deny me coverage?

That would be stupid.

Yeah, particularly since no one is denying you coverage to begin with.

I thought Obama was the one who was going to get rid of Lobbyists..

Turns out that legally, he can't.

The framers designed congress to be responsible for cleaning their own house. All the President can do is continue suggesting reform. Please write your congresscritter.

The framers designed congress to be responsible for cleaning their own house. All the President can do is continue suggesting reform. Please write your congresscritter.

You'd have thought that, being a 'Constitutional Law "Professor"', Obama might have been aware of that when he was promising shit he couldn't deliver.

Since when was 'legally" ever of any concern in the fallen Mpyre ?
Send Blackwater and Delta force, maybe a few drones, to kill all of the lobbyists.
They've assassinated, or tried to, anyone who has gotten in their way for almost 60 years.

Horseshit.

The reason healthcare is cheaper in other countries is because they use effective cost savings techniques that work better and cheaper.

And drugs don't make people healthier.

They very well may. It doesn't change the fact Chris. We have far higher R&D expenses than most other countries. The drugs and treaments that save lives cost money. It's that simple. That is a cost of health care that most other countries simply don't have as much of. If you are in denial about that you have problems.

And did you read that last sentence before you posted it? Are you being serious. I won't be so obtuse as to contend that you must believe we don't need drugs to cure people from illness, on the other hand it's hard to figure out what else you may be contending. My parents would love to have known they didn't need to spend that money on me for chemo and radiation. I would live have know that didnt' really need a drug to help my arthritis. Why didn't you tell me I could just wait it out?

We also have the richest HC establishment and workers in the world.

Coincidence?

I don't really think so

Forum List

Back