The reason why Palin opposed funding for rape kits

WTF ever... We hashed this all out weeks ago. It was a step by the city to get the state to put money into their police needs. No one was charged (directly or insurance) for a single kit.

Where's your stats for how many were discouraged from reporting the crime in the first place because of it? Of course the question is unanswerable but I bet it's not zero.

I know a lot of people are disgusted by the fact that Sarah Palin supported the Wasilla policy of making rape victims shell $1,000+ out of their own pockets for rape kits should they feel compelled to report the incident, but she actually had a pretty good reason. These kits contain the morning after pill, and as a good, God-fearing Pentacostal Christian, that's simply a non-starter.

Well I am happy to see that she stuck to her convictions to detriment of traumatized women that have been violated, abused and may not share her religious beliefs. Way to force your moral code onto others. Good to see that she has her priorities in order :cuckoo:

I know a lot of people are disgusted by the fact that Sarah Palin supported the Wasilla policy of making rape victims shell $1,000+ out of their own pockets for rape kits should they feel compelled to report the incident, but she actually had a pretty good reason. These kits contain the morning after pill, and as a good, God-fearing Pentacostal Christian, that's simply a non-starter.

and thats why i believe we have the seperation of chruch and state right? So one persons religon does not hurt and impose on the people as a whole. If you agree with palin and the wiews of her religon don't get a rape kit but what about victims who don't agree with her? I really don't think she should be trusted in office at all considering 52% of pentacostal christians in 2002 said this country should be steered towards being a christian country, making us land of the free if you believe in what we do.

Forum List

Back