The Reason Ron Paul is 'unelectable'

I have yet to see any evidence that Ron Paul is a racist.

I think the main reasons he is unelectable are:

a. He's too old (which seems unfair but that's the way of the world)

b. (and I think this is the main issue for many) he is dangerously naive on international relations and foreign affairs.

c. Libertarianism is seen as uncaring towards the most vulnerable in society... even conservatives cringe and some of the crap from Libertarians.

b. (and I think this is the main issue for many) he is dangerously naive on international relations and foreign affairs.

c. Libertarianism is seen as uncaring towards the most vulnerable in society... even conservatives cringe and some of the crap from Libertarians.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!! Cali Twit actually made a coherent post!

for the most part, i agree with you.

where i disagree is that i think someone who is offended by the civil rights act is a racist.... particularly when it isn't about "small government" since said individual has no problem with government telling women what to do with their bodies..... which is NOT libertarianism in the true sense.

Last edited:

where i disagree is that i think someone who is offended by the civil rights act is a racist.

The civil rights act gave the federal government the power to tell a private business who to hire. The consitution never gave the feds that kind of power, so it is unconsitutional. That is why Ron Paul is against it. Why should we ignore our consitution? We could change it, but until then Ron Paul is right.

Why does the federal government have the right to tell anyone who they can serve or hire? Think what you wish that's fair, but that power wasn't given to the feds.

Of course everyone should be treated equally, as the bill of rights gave the feds that, but not to tell private businesses what to do on who or what they can hire. If they can do that then god knows what the feds are capable of doing? No limits.

Last edited:

where i disagree is that i think someone who is offended by the civil rights act is a racist.

The civil rights act gave the federal government the power to tell a private business who to hire. The consitution never gave the feds that kind of power, so it is unconsitutional. That is why Ron Paul is against it. Why should we ignore our consitution? We could change it, but until then Ron Paul is right.

that argument might be more compelling from someone who isn't a raging racist.

What I think is funny is all the liberals still declaring Ron Paul 'unelectable' even though he has been elected 12 times. Even though he wins almost every straw poll, even though he is clearly holding enough of his own in the primary's to assure a place in the general election. Be that third party or the GOP. Ron Paul is going to the white house because the people just flat out dont trust anyone else to be anything more then a footstool to power.

Freedom or Fascism is the choice.

What I think is funny is all the liberals still declaring Ron Paul 'unelectable' even though he has been elected 12 times. Even though he wins almost every straw poll, even though he is clearly holding enough of his own in the primary's to assure a place in the general election. Be that third party or the GOP. Ron Paul is going to the white house because the people just flat out dont trust anyone else to be anything more then a footstool to power.

Hey.........Rick Perry is "unelectable" as President, but it didn't stop him from being governor.

Ron Paul is also unelectable as President because of his policies and views, but it doesn't stop him from being a Senator.

A lower office doesn't require as high a standard.

Hey.........Rick Perry is "unelectable" as President, but it didn't stop him from being governor.

Ron Paul is also unelectable as President because of his policies and views, but it doesn't stop him from being a Senator.

A lower office doesn't require as high a standard.

The people who said Rick Perry was electable are the same people who scream the loudest that Ron Paul is not.

Me, I am putting my money on 3 decades of consistent voting based on constitutional principals.

Every time I hear electable or unelectable I @#$ cringe.
If someone gets enough votes then they are electable. It's that simple, look at the people we have elected in this country. LOL

If you spend all of your time talking about how someone is unelectable then it's going to make me wonder why you are so scared of them. If they were really unelectable you wouldn't worry about them in the first place. The whole reason they say that is because they are scared to death of Ron Paul.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back