The Reason Kings Wore Tyrian purple.......A Test, winner gets a balloon

AntiParty

Tea is the new Kool-Aid
Mar 12, 2014
Why did Kings want and wear purple?

The most informed answer wins a balloon.

Isn't it because it was so hard to get the color? I thought I read that somewhere..some time whenever, lol.

Because purple was expensive, the only place you could originally get it was from Lebanon the dye came from a mollusk found only in the Mediterranean
I'll take a purple balloon please.

Because purple was expensive, the only place you could originally get it was from Lebanon the dye came from a mollusk found only in the Mediterranean

Wasn't the most informed yet. But you had a good amount of information. It wasn't Lebanon back then :)

I need that purple so everyone knows I'm better than them because it's rare and will stand me apart from others!

Oh well, I'm going to bed.

Here is a video on how to get purple onto fiber from the Mollusks

It took thousands of workers to get enough dye to make one article of clothing for a king.

The point should be noted for how many people work for the top 1% today. Tons of work and the 1% see it as worthless because they are focused on the purple........

Wasn't the most informed yet. But you had a good amount of information. It wasn't Lebanon back then :)
You're a welsher.:9:

The "top 1%" today R us. What does the radical left not understand about capitalism? Everybody is invested in the "top 1%". The "top 1%" is subject to the rules set by the people who elect representatives to regulate the "top 1%". Why can't the low information radical left understand the freedom of the greatest Country in the world? Is it the education system or is it the fact that the forum allows foreign fools to infiltrate the discussion.

Forum List

Back