The Reason for the Iraq War

walwor

May 19, 2004
Kentucky, USA
Okay, I know you're all going to be impressed. I am going to state the reason why the Iraq war was necessary and good for America.

I am going to preface this by stating that I voted for Al Gore in the previous election. I don't want anyone thinking I am a dittohead. I think Al Franken is right- Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot. I hated George W. Bush when he campaigned. I thought he was a Moron. I felt Betrayed when the Republicans bulldozed over Gore to get Bush into office, suggesting that Gore was unpatriotic for wanting to use the system and get the justice due him. I thought Bush proved to everyone that his election was a tragedy because he took so much vacation time his first year in office. I held all these opinions until 9/11.

Following 9/11, somehow, Bush the Idiot became a man I am proud to call President of the United States. I do not fault him, his administration, or intelligence agencies, or the fire and police departments of New York City, for the actions of the terrorists on that day. I fault the terrorists. I fault fanatical Islamists who believe that the most unholy actions are pleasing to our Creator. I don't believe anyone in this country expected the sucker punch given us on that date, and I can't find fault in anyone for not anticipating it.

Few people are criticizing Bush for Afghanistan. If he had stopped there, the world would be applauding him. He would be considered a great man, maybe even in France. But it would have been a strategic mistake. Because when the applause dies down, the financiers of terrorism are still there, and their agenda has not changed. Who are the financiers of terrorism?

Middle Eastern despots. Saddam Hussein did fund terrorism- he paid money to the families of suicide bombers in Israel. Saudi Arabia finances terrorism. Syria and Iran finance and supply Hizbullah and Hamas. As long as America supports Israel- which we will continue to do, Christian Zionism is strong in America- we will be the targets of terrorism. What was necessary was a strike to the leaders, the financiers. Taking down Saddam Hussein put the fear into these despots, these non-elected, non-representatives of their people, who preside over the most corrupt government systems on the planet, who continue to have the worst records on human rights. I'm not talking about Arabs- this has nothing to do with that group of human beings, who are victimized by these systems. I'm talking about the dictators. Bush took out a dictator, and now the other dictators are afraid for their own regimes. Bush took an unprecedented step, he shocked the world actually, by doing this, by going into an Arab country and uprooting a dictator- a man with way more blood on his hands than Osama bin Laden, by the way. If Bush hadn't done this, the world would only be minus the Taliban, and the Taliban weren't entrenched, they were a new regime, no one WORRIED because the Taliban were gone. But now they're worried. That's why this was necessary.

But that just makes Bush a good strategist. What I think makes him a statesman, is that we are still there. We didn't just take out Saddam and say, Okay, fend for yourselves, now, bye. We're still there, helping them get on their feet, and we're paying a heavy price for it. And he says that these societies need to start having some democracy. Yes! Exactly! If these societies don't reform, people, they will continue to be breeding grounds for terrorism. It's not America that makes people terrorists. It's dictators, corruption and fanaticism. Americans, stop finding fault with what we know is good- freedom and democracy- and imagine you are doing anyone a favor by "leaving the poor Arabs alone." Arabs are human beings, they will benefit from freedom and democracy just like us. Remember, there are no Michael Moores in dictatorships. (Sorry if that sounds like a point in favor of dictatorships.)

Originally posted by walwor
Okay, I know you're all going to be impressed. I am going to state the reason why the Iraq war was necessary and good for America.

OK I'm impressed:D Good job, well thought out. Now just convince some more Gore supporting types and we'll be on our way:D

There are no Michael Moores in countries where people appreciate what they have!

LOL! I like Michael Moore, actually. I wish I could get him to answer the tough questions on Iraq, like why does he imagine it would have been better for us to leave Saddam in power. I think Michael Moore-type inquiries into American culture are healthy, except when they interfere with security, and from what I've heard of Fahrenheit 9/11, they do. I'm pretty liberal, I know his motives, I know what drives him, I've seen his movies, but I disagree with him now. I believe one could talk sense to someone like him, but he has become intoxicated with his success.

Forum List

Back