The Really interesting thing about this election...

Richard-H

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2008
The really interesting thing about this election is that while Obama won the Presidency, the Republicans won the House.

This is the first recent election that has been divided like this. In 2008 the Dems swept, in 2000 and 2004 the Repubs swept. The off year election were interpreted as referendums on the sitting President.

Now it seems, the electorate is all screwy.

There must have been an awful lot of Americans who voted for Obama AND voted for Republican Congress people.

Hmm..do they like gridlock?

My best guess is that very few Americans, if any, would vote for Obama AND a TEA party Republican. I can only assume that they voted for the Republican Congressmen because they believed that these were moderate Republicans.

These moderate Republicans may be a small minority in the Republican caucus, but they are the key to building compromise during the next 2 years - especially with the upcoming budget talks.

If I were Obama, I would focus on these Republicans. If they were running as moderates, then they cannot both stay loyal to the Republican caucus AND represent their constituents.

These are the people to cut deals with.

Forum List

Back