The reality that comes with Romney's "truth"...

Romney is right, Dems have been using taxpayer money to buy votes since FDR

baby+paul+2.jpg

Lovin' the further evidence of the lack of intellect from the left now... apparently, one doesn't need the full tape, we can rely on some hack site to 'edit' it... perhaps MJ know that lefties are dumb borg who can't cope with the whole context thing.

Have you ever heard David Corn speak? He's a regular on MSNBC. MSNBC is a full head on televised media matters. They live to destroy any Republican who raises their heads out of the trenches. Mitt Romney is a decent, long married family man who has been successful and true to his wife, has born five great sons, and educated each and every one of them. He is also a religious man. And the damn left just can't stand people like that.

Lovin' the further evidence of the lack of intellect from the left now... apparently, one doesn't need the full tape, we can rely on some hack site to 'edit' it... perhaps MJ know that lefties are dumb borg who can't cope with the whole context thing.

Have you ever heard David Corn speak? He's a regular on MSNBC. MSNBC is a full head on televised media matters. They live to destroy any Republican who raises their heads out of the trenches. Mitt Romney is a decent, long married family man who has been successful and true to his wife, has born five great sons, and educated each and every one of them. He is also a religious man. And the damn left just can't stand people like that.

How many of his 5 great sons volunteered to serve our country in our military?

In which unit did obummer serve?

In which unit did obummer serve?

Just more deflecting from the silver spoon?

it was a serious question. do you have a serious answer or do you not look that far down the road?

No it was stupid.
Sigh to humor you, both sides are out to "own" what people do. From Abortion and sex on the right, to what you eat and drink on the left so on and so on.

They are both part of the problem. This is an issue one doesn't have to look "down the road" on. Not when its right in your face.

you've done some pretty dancing here,, but the question was.."what happens when the takers out number the givers." do you have an answer? if you don't it's okay to say "NO, I don't have an answer."

what happens is we sell you for dog food...

Serious reforms need to happen in order to fix these issues. Since that wont happen we should just panic.

No it was stupid.
Sigh to humor you, both sides are out to "own" what people do. From Abortion and sex on the right, to what you eat and drink on the left so on and so on.

They are both part of the problem. This is an issue one doesn't have to look "down the road" on. Not when its right in your face.

you've done some pretty dancing here,, but the question was.."what happens when the takers out number the givers." do you have an answer? if you don't it's okay to say "NO, I don't have an answer."

Serious reforms need to happen in order to fix these issues. Since that wont happen we should just panic.

what kind of serious reforms?

One of the results of the edited Mother Jones tape is that Romney is now having everything, every speech, every fundraiser taped so that all other such edited tapes can be immediately refuted. The way the edited NBC tape of George Zimmerman's 911 call was refuted.

what kind of serious reforms?

double and triple billing in medicare will save about 100 billion alone.

Slashing all budgets, Including military would help and shortterm raising in taxes would also help.

Then after things settle down you cut taxes, and make sure your spending stays relatively close to the same.

Rice says he is working part-time and doesn't pay taxes because he can't find a good job. And the fact that Romney wrote him off in those comments is frustrating.

"I am insulted. I support you and you just wrote me off with the 47% who pay no taxes. In that group are those who cry every time they use food stamps; people who would trade them in a minute for a real job. In that group are Christians who shudder at the thought of voting for abortion and gay rights," he wrote in an iReport. "You have strengths that appeal to the demographic you just wrote off ... use it! In the middle of rich supporters you cannot afford to write off a huge group with a careless word."

"I never took a penny in help or government assistance money or otherwise. I own two businesses, and all I have been doing, along with my business partners, is creating jobs. I am not a victim," Sanli said in response to the CNN poll on Facebook. "I worked hard and built it all from scratch and I pay a lot of taxes. I am not as rich as Romney, but I sure pay a much bigger percentage of my income in taxes than he does. I find his remarks to be un-American, shocking and insulting."

Jason Asselin, an iReporter from Iron Mountain, Michigan, is an independent who says that he generally votes for the best candidate, despite their affiliation, though he likes the ideas and stances of the tea party.

While Asselin is normally a critic of Obama, he said Romney's comments really angered him because he doesn't pay taxes, but it isn't because he doesn't want to.

"I try paying taxes each year and every year they say we don't make enough, it isn't that I don't want to pay my taxes - they won't take them," he says. "Our government put rules and regulations in place for the lower class of people. It isn't our fault for falling under that. I don't like being called the 47%, I'd like to be called American."

Romney's remarks huge mistake or plain truth? – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Wow, one butt-hurt individual. That makes a huge difference. Not.

The truth is that Romney is correct. Too few people pay taxes. Our tax structure is grossly progressive, with a small number of high earning people paying the lion's share of all taxes. That has to stop.
And the guy himself says he doesn't want to be dependent on gov't. A lot of people who are taking hand outs probably would prefer the independence and dignity that comes with paying your own way.
But that isn't the Democratic plan. The Dem plan is to reduce everyone to gov't owned serfs.

Rice says he is working part-time and doesn't pay taxes because he can't find a good job. And the fact that Romney wrote him off in those comments is frustrating.

"I am insulted. I support you and you just wrote me off with the 47% who pay no taxes. In that group are those who cry every time they use food stamps; people who would trade them in a minute for a real job. In that group are Christians who shudder at the thought of voting for abortion and gay rights," he wrote in an iReport. "You have strengths that appeal to the demographic you just wrote off ... use it! In the middle of rich supporters you cannot afford to write off a huge group with a careless word."

Jason Asselin, an iReporter from Iron Mountain, Michigan, is an independent who says that he generally votes for the best candidate, despite their affiliation, though he likes the ideas and stances of the tea party.

While Asselin is normally a critic of Obama, he said Romney's comments really angered him because he doesn't pay taxes, but it isn't because he doesn't want to.

"I try paying taxes each year and every year they say we don't make enough, it isn't that I don't want to pay my taxes - they won't take them," he says. "Our government put rules and regulations in place for the lower class of people. It isn't our fault for falling under that. I don't like being called the 47%, I'd like to be called American."

Romney's remarks huge mistake or plain truth? – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Wow, one butt-hurt individual. That makes a huge difference. Not.

The truth is that Romney is correct. Too few people pay taxes. Our tax structure is grossly progressive, with a small number of high earning people paying the lion's share of all taxes. That has to stop.
And the guy himself says he doesn't want to be dependent on gov't. A lot of people who are taking hand outs probably would prefer the independence and dignity that comes with paying your own way.
But that isn't the Democratic plan. The Dem plan is to reduce everyone to gov't owned serfs.

One? At least read the link before making yourself look like an idiot....

[Heh! Heh! Heh! An ideological "Up Yours" to the lads scriveling away in the journolist caste. Gotta love it.]

"EBT Nation has spoken. Its citizens, the ones who will bother to show up to the polls on November 6, have decided to vote themselves more of Mitt Romney’s money. The inhabitants of Section 8ville second the motion.

The Republican nominee may be aghast that so many strangers enjoy so much of his money. Why are the sponging strangers, and the class-war Hessians of the Fourth Estate, so shocked that Romney has written off their votes?

“There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president, no matter what,” an out-of-focus Mitt Romney says on a four-month-old surreptitiously-obtained grainy video. “All right, there are 47% who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement, and the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.” The presidential candidate tells donors that his job is to convince the unbribed undecideds to cast their ballots for him

Obama campaign manager Jim Messina found Romney’s comments “shocking.” He shouldn’t have. With more flash, makers-versus-takers rhetoric has been a staple of Republican presidential stump speeches for several generations. Why the feigned outrage over something so pedestrian?

In 1976, Ronald Reagan colorfully invoked a Cadillac-driving Chicago woman receiving food stamps, relying on Medicaid, and collecting more than six-figures in welfare money under her numerous aliases. Buffalo congressman Jack Kemp, a candidate for the 1988 Republican presidential nomination, repeatedly warned that the social safety net had become a hammock. Texas Senator Phil Gramm ran for president eight years later incessantly reminding voters, when he wasn’t invoking the ink-stained fingers of his printer friend Dickey Flatt, that there were more people riding in the wagon than pulling the wagon.

They weren’t wrong, just premature.

A record-high 89 million Americans do not participate in the labor force, with the three percent drop under the Obama administration nudging the rate—63.5 percent—to its lowest level since the Great Depression. People who have given up on work haven’t given up on a paycheck. A record 46 million Americans rely on food stamps, up 44 percent since the president took office. The 8.8 million Americans accepting Social Security disability checks, spiking nearly 1.5 million since inauguration day, is also a record

Romney’s argument that income tax hikes aren’t as unpopular as they once were because fewer people actually pay income taxes meshes with the numbers. The Tax Policy Center reports that 46 percent of Americans, a number too close for coincidence to Romney’s 47 percent, pay no federal income tax. With more than one in three workers not working, one in twenty workers on disability, and more than one in seven Americans depending on food stamps, an electoral tipping point may be near where so many voters depend on government that the party of government can count on Election Day majorities.

And if the grim statistics don’t convince, remember the jubilation of Peggy Joseph over a potential Obama victory during the 2008 campaign? “I never thought this day would ever happen,” the Sarasota voter explained. “I won’t have to worry about putting gas in my car. I won’t have to worry about paying my mortgage. If I help him, he’s going to help me.’

Surely in conveying how handouts corrupt Americans Ronald Reagan’s “welfare queen” story has nothing on Miss Peggy’s YouTube clip, right?

Romney asked for Mother Jones to release his remarks in full, which the magazine promised to do until it acknowledged that the remarks weren’t captured in full. Mother Jones claims the camera “inadvertently turned off” while recording Romney before being turned back on. Romney could credibly claim to have been taken out of context. But with the context of Peggy Joseph, and record numbers of Americans asking what their country can do for them rather than what they can do for their country, Romney’s remarks work parsed as well as they do in full. Everyone, save for journalists, seems to understand the context.

It’s not necessarily that Romney’s media detractors find his off-the-record remarks off putting. They find conservatism off putting. Living in deep-blue cities, working alongside partisan crusaders, and educated by an ideologically-narrow professorate, the scribes find uncontroversial remarks so foreign because they’ve been marinated in environments so foreign to their fellow Americans......."

Only Journalists Offended by Romney’s “47 Percent” Remarks | FrontPage Magazine

Forum List

Back