The Reality Principle - Obama Is Screwed

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Column: Obama and Biden were winning

Hold it, I’m confused. I watched all of the vice presidential debate last night, and someone did not show up. Vice President Joe Biden was there—how could one miss him, with all the grinning, grunting, interrupting, and sneering. But where was the Ayn Rand-worshiping, rape-redefining, fanatically exercising zealot who wants to throw grandmothers off of cliffs and whose budget plan is, according to the president, “thinly veiled Social Darwinism” that is “antithetical to our entire history as a land of opportunity and upward mobility”? That Paul Ryan was nowhere to be found.

What America saw instead was a young and likable and knowledgeable conservative worried about the current trajectory of fiscal, monetary, foreign, and social policy. Where Biden harrumphed, Ryan calmly litigated President Obama’s failed record. Twice in eight days, the caricatures against which President Barack Obama and Biden are purporting to run have been exposed as grotesque exaggerations. The liberal attempt to frighten America with the illusory specter of an extremist Republican ticket dissolved on first contact with, well, the actual ticket. The reality principle asserted itself once again. We have an open race.

I am so looking forward to the left getting Libya shoved up their ass in the next debate.

Biden always has been an asshole.

Obama is still fully capable of taking this Election. The American Electorate is to Gullible, The Media to Biased, and Democrats to Desperate and willing to do anything, to count him out.

I think the VP did one other thing most people have not talked about. Not only did it show Ryan is not a Rabid Hateful Right Wing Monster. It also exposed this Admin for the Rabidly Partisan, and Unwilling to Compromise Admin it really is. Biden said it straight up. Even though they had Both Houses for 2 years, and then the American People Swept the GOP in to Check that Power, Biden still says Republicans just need to get the hell out of the way and let them have what ever they want, on their terms, or nothing at all.

Obama is still fully capable of taking this Election. The American Electorate is to Gullible, The Media to Biased, and Democrats to Desperate and willing to do anything, to count him out.

To be sure....

While Romney's 47% comment was completely wrong in the context in which he gave it...

It is quite clear that many are hooked to the government and probably don't see it in their best interest to vote someone in who might cut off the goodies.

I just keep repeating my mantra, "Americans do NOT have a history of re-electing bad presidents to a second term."

They don't.

gv101212dAPR20121012064515.jpg

Quit spamming this photo.....it has nothing to do with the topic

It's all she can do.

The Obama fight has been reduced to nothing but pointless distractions to avoid discussing a pathetic performance in the last four years.

I think the VP did one other thing most people have not talked about. Not only did it show Ryan is not a Rabid Hateful Right Wing Monster. It also exposed this Admin for the Rabidly Partisan, and Unwilling to Compromise Admin it really is. Biden said it straight up. Even though they had Both Houses for 2 years, and then the American People Swept the GOP in to Check that Power, Biden still says Republicans just need to get the hell out of the way and let them have what ever they want, on their terms, or nothing at all.

Biden is already looking more and more pathetic as they talk about the "debate". He was rude as well as almost manic.

It's unfortunate that when his boss can't talk about issues...he can't either.

They are nothing but airbags with no real message.

Forum List

Back