The Reality of Trump's Election

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by longknife, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,134
    And what do you suppose it proves, other than that those just barely emerging into nominal adulthood, with very little real-world experience, tend to be much more idealistic, and much less pragmatic, than those who have been around long enough to know how the world works? I'm reminded of a quote, popularly but probably incorrectly attributed to Winston Churchill, about how a man who is not a liberal when he is young has no heart, but a man who is not a conservative when he is old has no brain. When I was in the 18-24 age group, I was a conservative, even then, but many of my peers were LIbErals, who have since grown up into conservatism; just as most of the current 18-25 age group will surely do by the time they reach my age. It is the difference between people who have not yet known any life other than being fed, housed, and otherwise supported by their parents; and those who have gone out into the world, and experienced the reality of having to earn their own living.

Unless you are planning on seeking to establish a maximum voting age, of about 25 or so, the prediction that you think your map is making, it is not.

2. bill718

bill718 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +867

3. bill718

bill718 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +867
    You need to post this in LARGER letters. I can't quite read it.

4. Penelope

Penelope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,273
    Gerrymandering won Trump the election. North Carolina, WI (going to Supreme Court) and Mi.

5. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,120
    That's your opinion. I draw a different inference and my experience does not mirror yours. I'm 69 and at about 13 learned about segregation and was appalled. A friend of mine visited his sister in the south, and when he came back he told a story of white only water fountains, white only seats at the bus station and white only restrooms.

From that day forward I have held to the belief so well immortalized by Jefferson that all of us our created equal and by law have the same rights and opportunities. I judge people by who they are, not what they look like which is why I reject the alt-right, KKK and former southern Democrats, who left the party to join the Republican Party's small tent.

6. TheProgressivePatriot

TheProgressivePatriot Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    The commie infested, queer loving liberal NE USA
    Ratings:
    +3,055