The reality of Doom and Gloom

Lookout

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2007
So...let me see if I have this correct...
There is Global warming, the poles are melting, the weather patterns are becoming more violent, there are more people, there is less water, we are waring with the countries that possess the most oil, Gas prices are going up, oil prices are going up, groceries are going up, the housing market is failing, unemployment is on the rise, the bee's are all dying, super bugs are on the rise, the air is more polluted than ever before, the water is more polluted than ever before, there is more waste than ever before, and the best we can do is have a tomato throwing contest or a grapefruit throwing contest...I hate to be the bearer of DOOM and Gloom, but what the f@^%! And this is all going to get better how??? Even if we were to stop all trains, planes, and autos on the entire planet...( Like that will happen). It's already too late!!. We are witnessing the extinction of the Human race. We will go down in history as the only race on this planet in 5 billion years that has exterminated itself...God aren't we the bright ones. I will include myself in this next statement...I think that humanity is like a bunch of festering cockroaches. I hope GOD just throws a giant rock at the planet before we truly polute the far reaches of space into a hell hole of earthly diseaase and materalism. If I was to be abducted by allians from another planet, and they were to ask me if I was human...I would hang my head in shame and reply...Yes...But please don't hold it against me!
I'll even go as far to say...This is the end of the world as we know it...(BOHIC)---BEND OVER, HERE IT COMES...But hey...My dog is getting enough nutrients and I have the right hair color, and I have the new fashion clothes and jewelry, and somehow...It's all going to be o k.....MY ASS! Ooh yeah, I almost forgot...Merry Christmas!

02_01.jpg

That reminds me, I need to work on my harp skills. I'll just start off on this violin... :eusa_boohoo:

BTW - the world ends on 21 December 2012. So just forget about a rosy future. I at least am getting a few goals out of the way - BA in Spring, MA in 2010. I'll have about 1.5 years to start at my career and maybe even be married for a year before the end comes...

There is Global warming, the poles are melting,

then we'll use less heating oil and CO2 will decrease and warming will slow then reverse.

the weather patterns are becoming more violent

Are they really or is there just more news coverage???

there are more people

yes and we should do something about this like aerosol birth control crop dusted over the planet.

there is less water,

i would venture to guess that there is the same amount of water and just more people that want it

we are waring with the countries that possess the most oil, Gas prices are going up, oil prices are going up, groceries are going up,

All related to oil prices so what are you doing to use less oil other than whining?

the housing market is failing,

an unprecendented opportunity to become rich in real estate

unemployment is on the rise

really a .3% is going to set you off. Unemplyment is still below 5%. Have you checked france's 8% unemployment?

, the bee's are all dying,

probably due to the poisons we use to grow enough food to feed the too many people in the world.

super bugs are on the rise

Blame this on the commercials that tout anti bacterial everything and weaken our immune systems in the process

I think that humanity is like a bunch of festering cockroaches

you could do us all a favor and reduce the number of cockroaches by one. Do you need suggestions?

I hope GOD just throws a giant rock at the planet

You still believe in God with all this bad stuff happening to you? You must not be praying enough.

before we truly polute the far reaches of space into a hell hole of earthly diseaase and materalism.

Space would be a great place for our trash. it is an endless void after all.

I'll even go as far to say...This is the end of the world as we know it...(BOHIC)---BEND OVER, HERE IT COMES...But hey...My dog is getting enough nutrients and I have the right hair color, and I have the new fashion clothes and jewelry, and somehow...It's all going to be o k.....MY ASS! Ooh yeah, I almost forgot...Merry Christmas

Sounds like you have it pretty good and didn't you know that saying Merry Christmas might offend people ?

:eusa_clap:
then we'll use less heating oil and CO2 will decrease and warming will slow then reverse.

Are they really or is there just more news coverage???

yes and we should do something about this like aerosol birth control crop dusted over the planet.

i would venture to guess that there is the same amount of water and just more people that want it

All related to oil prices so what are you doing to use less oil other than whining?

an unprecendented opportunity to become rich in real estate

really a .3% is going to set you off. Unemplyment is still below 5%. Have you checked france's 8% unemployment?

probably due to the poisons we use to grow enough food to feed the too many people in the world.

Blame this on the commercials that tout anti bacterial everything and weaken our immune systems in the process

you could do us all a favor and reduce the number of cockroaches by one. Do you need suggestions?

You still believe in God with all this bad stuff happening to you? You must not be praying enough.

Space would be a great place for our trash. it is an endless void after all.

Sounds like you have it pretty good and didn't you know that saying Merry Christmas might offend people ?

My God are you ignorant!!! You might want to educate yourself (READ) before posting nonsense on boards where the majority are educated. Do you ever re-read anything you write or is it just a continous spewing of fecal matter. I did not attack you, yet you feel the need to attack someone because you simply cant face the truth. (It is too much for you). So you make up lies and attack to justify your ignorance and denial...Well done!:cuckoo: And if the words Merry Christmas offend you I suggest you grow some thicker skin. Space is an endless void??? WTF??? Do you know anything about the macrocosm or the microcosm? I want to truly thank you for your GREAT WISE answers, they made my day...I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!!!:eusa_clap: As far as the question...What do I do to use less oil?...Lets see...I have gone from two vehicles to one...I have changed my employment so I only use 1 tank per two weeks instead of every one week. I have changed all the light bulbs in my house to energy efficient. I recycle just about everything. I have weather proofed the entire house. I grow my own veg. in the spring to reduce the ammount of trips to the store. I do as much as I can in one trip so I do not do needless driving. And I am seriously thinking about putting a windmill in my backyard to harness wind energy!..How about you????

Well, space is near enough an endless void for the difference to not be worth mentioning. Besides, the smart way to deal with waste in such a far flung fantasy would be to toss it into the sun. Look Ma, no orbiting trash dumps!

Of course, you still have the problem of getting it off the ground. Not exactly an economically viable suggestion at this juncture. ;)

Step one: use less fossil fuel -- especially oil. That's something we can all do, right now.

Oh, and don't listen to the gloom and doom predictions of the ruin of our economy and the End of Our Way of Life if we start limiting greenhouse gas emissions. Freakin' little chickens.

Well, space is near enough an endless void for the difference to not be worth mentioning. Besides, the smart way to deal with waste in such a far flung fantasy would be to toss it into the sun. Look Ma, no orbiting trash dumps!

Of course, you still have the problem of getting it off the ground. Not exactly an economically viable suggestion at this juncture. ;)

Step one: use less fossil fuel -- especially oil. That's something we can all do, right now.

Oh, and don't listen to the gloom and doom predictions of the ruin of our economy and the End of Our Way of Life if we start limiting greenhouse gas emissions. Freakin' little chickens.

Well, space is near enough an endless void for the difference to not be worth mentioning.
:eusa_naughty: Again...WHAT??? They thought the same thing about the rain forests and the oceans. Space is not a vacuous hole. It is full of many kinds of energy...Plasma, electromagnetic, static, photonic...etc...and what right do we as babies in the multiverse, have to throw our junk out there and pollute some nearby planet that is still pristine and has not been polluted by the disease of materalism...God only knows what ramifications of throwing all our crap at the sun will be. Possably larger electromagnetic storms that will cause us harm to start with. We have just begun to experiment with the electromagnetic lines of force that fill the so called vacuous space of the universe and are now realizing they can be used as a means of propulsion. Also, there is the consideration of space mining. Asteroids hold vast quantities of gold and platinum and diamond and thats just scratching the surface. Space probably holds many answers to our diseases that infect our populous and many many more things that we havent even dreamed of, and you want to throw trash at it?...NICE!

Well, space is near enough an endless void for the difference to not be worth mentioning.
:eusa_naughty: Again...WHAT??? They thought the same thing about the rain forests and the oceans. Space is not a vacuous hole. It is full of many kinds of energy...Plasma, electromagnetic, static, photonic...etc...and what right do we as babies in the multiverse, have to throw our junk out there and pollute some nearby planet that is still pristine and has not been polluted by the disease of materalism...God only knows what ramifications of throwing all our crap at the sun will be. Possably larger electromagnetic storms that will cause us harm to start with. We have just begun to experiment with the electromagnetic lines of force that fill the so called vacuous space of the universe and are now realizing they can be used as a means of propulsion. Also, there is the consideration of space mining. Asteroids hold vast quantities of gold and platinum and diamond and thats just scratching the surface. Space probably holds many answers to our diseases that infect our populous and many many more things that we havent even dreamed of, and you want to throw trash at it?...NICE!
The difference is that we know considerably more about space than we do about the oceans, even today.

You don't know me and my real world history yet and so I won't get all huffy. About this subject, however, I do know something.

Most people have no conception of how big the universe really is. Not surprising since human beings really aren't equipped to deal with any scale so much larger than our day-to-day world. We can manipulate the numbers but very few of us every truly appreciate how vast space is.

Even being more practical and limiting the discussion to our solar system, there is so much room available as to make the expression "endless" quite reasonable.

Of course, getting anything out of low Earth orbit is still outrageously expensive. Hell, even getting it IN-to orbit is outrageously expensive. We certainly aren't going to be dumping industrial waste into the sun anytime in the near future.

So, it's a non-issue, really. :eusa_think:

:eusa_clap:

My God are you ignorant!!! You might want to educate yourself (READ) before posting nonsense on boards where the majority are educated. Do you ever re-read anything you write or is it just a continous spewing of fecal matter. I did not attack you, yet you feel the need to attack someone because you simply cant face the truth. (It is too much for you). So you make up lies and attack to justify your ignorance and denial...Well done!:cuckoo: And if the words Merry Christmas offend you I suggest you grow some thicker skin. Space is an endless void??? WTF??? Do you know anything about the macrocosm or the microcosm? I want to truly thank you for your GREAT WISE answers, they made my day...I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!!!:eusa_clap: As far as the question...What do I do to use less oil?...Lets see...I have gone from two vehicles to one...I have changed my employment so I only use 1 tank per two weeks instead of every one week. I have changed all the light bulbs in my house to energy efficient. I recycle just about everything. I have weather proofed the entire house. I grow my own veg. in the spring to reduce the ammount of trips to the store. I do as much as I can in one trip so I do not do needless driving. And I am seriously thinking about putting a windmill in my backyard to harness wind energy!..How about you????

Look up the word "sarcasm' and then you might understand my post. I don't know how you can say a little sarcasm is an attack. get over yourself.

For Christ's sake are you so thin skinned that you can't appreciate a little ribbing?

BTW i have a ground source heat pump, solar hot water system supplmented by a biofuel furnace. so there.

The difference is that we know considerably more about space than we do about the oceans, even today.

You don't know me and my real world history yet and so I won't get all huffy. About this subject, however, I do know something.

Most people have no conception of how big the universe really is. Not surprising since human beings really aren't equipped to deal with any scale so much larger than our day-to-day world. We can manipulate the numbers but very few of us every truly appreciate how vast space is.

Even being more practical and limiting the discussion to our solar system, there is so much room available as to make the expression "endless" quite reasonable.

Of course, getting anything out of low Earth orbit is still outrageously expensive. Hell, even getting it IN-to orbit is outrageously expensive. We certainly aren't going to be dumping industrial waste into the sun anytime in the near future.

So, it's a non-issue, really. :eusa_think:

I will agree with you about the non issue part but just because something is big, does not make it ok to throw trash in it.

I will agree with you about the non issue part but just because something is big, does not make it ok to throw trash in it.
Oh, absolutely true. I'm a Green after all: I'm not likely to argue with that sentiment.

:)

It's just that there's oceanic big and then there's outer space Big. The second is many orders of magnitude greater than the first.

Forum List

Back