The reality behind Health Care Reform

Thanks for proving again the lack of intellectual honesty. Maybe in your fantasy world healthcare and healthins can be bought by anyone who simply wishes to buy it. Outside of that crack filled snow globe it requires money.

(I can only guess how much bullshit will get slung now)

The lack of intellectual integrity is yours. Of course it costs money to buy health care services.

I already said that if you had bothered to merely read.

So 45,000 people die each year of natural causes that might be preventable if they had more money. Duh.

But if we decide to save every life that can be saved no matter what the costs is we will soon be paying 1/3 of our incomes to finance our own health care and the huge Baby boom gen that is just now begining to retire enmasse, as well as the underemployed who are still growing in numbers BTW.

And this triple burden will be borne by a shrinking workforce who had little or nothing to do with the gross(criminal) mismanagement that spawned this problem.

Can you pick a bullshit position and stick with it or will you just hop around like a blind frog? First you said:

"Health insurance neither causes nor prevents death."

Now you say:

"So 45,000 people die each year of natural causes that might be preventable if they had more money. Duh."

Ribbit.

Annnnnnt!

wrong again, you claimed they never said anything about, 45,000 dying remember?

The fact is the studied found that nearly 45,000 AMERICANS die for want of healthcare.

You are denying facts yet again.

The study found that they had a higher risk...not that that many died.

Nobody can compile that kind of statistic with a straight face.

Health insurance never saved anyone's life. And that is what this is about. We aren't talking about whether proper health care is available....it almost always is.

Like somebody mentioned here before. The bill they're proposing doesn't begin to pay any benefits till after 2014 so they must not be in any rush to save lives....that is if the claims are genuine.

My first complaint would be what's the fucken hold up????

45,000 excess deaths annually linked to lack of health insurance: study

The study, which analyzed data from national surveys carried out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), assessed death rates after taking education, income and many other factors including smoking, drinking and obesity into account. It estimated that lack of health insurance causes 44,789 excess deaths annually.

Once again....it's an estimation...not an actual case by case count of people that died because they had no health insurance. It assumes stereotypes like *po folks don't get no health coverage*. They cannot be accurate unless they looked into the histories of deaths across the country....

It's the same kind of risk assessment that insurance companies use to deny coverage or to grant it.

Last edited:
What's amazing is that this has been done before in the housing industry.

Get people into loans that they can't afford.

Now they want us all to cover people that normally can't get insurance...which means our premiums will skyrocket.

Now they want us all to cover people that normally can't get insurance...which means our premiums will skyrocket.

Stratosphere premiums come from the dehumanization process as demonstrated by this analogy. The first step to lower premiums is a higher morality. People are not products.

And food can improve the odds that you will not die the natural death of starvation.

And shelter can improve the odds that you will not die the natural death of exposeur.

I would have survived 50 years with not one iotta of healthcare.

We have evolved into something un natural ugly and bizarre. People now MUST be kept alive by any affordable means until they emaciate and shrivel and finally expire after months or years bedridden and unable to even shit for themselves.

It is now routine to replace knees and heart valves, in fact people expect it simply because it can be done. With virtually no consideration given to any kind of mandate to preserve your own health via healthy living people expect, and often demand that medical care provide the miracle of longevity that they themselves often invested nothing into themselves.

We are an obese nation, eating poisonous food, living sedentary lives, plagued by diabetes and an ever increasing palate of degenerative diseases that we contributed to.

And we want medicine to fix all of that for us because it is our "right".

Medicine was supposed to be a last option if genetics, good luck and good living failed you. Not a substitute for our own personal health care.

Like I said, in ten years we will be spending 1/3 of our incomes to satisfy the gluttonous hunger for ever more and more health care that Americans seek to consume.

It's a bottomless pit.

You like me were born with asskicking genes that sometimes make it hard for us to understand the lives of those who are not so lucky in the draw in life. We set broken bones and and bandage wounds along with treating ANY disease with all the knowledge we posses. This makes us better as a species NOT worse.

ass kicking genes? Your nothing more than a conceited left wing loon pretending to be in the medical profession. You are probably an orderly at a free clinic and spend your day licking bedpans clean.

Stratosphere premiums come from the dehumanization process as demonstrated by this analogy. The first step to lower premiums is a higher morality. People are not products.

Nothing posted so far could be further from the truth..the first step is to get medical practitioners and hospitals to quit raising their rates. Idiots like you expect insurance companies to operate with no profit margin or in the red...what kind of business operates in the red and constantly loses money....other than the U.S. government at this point....

I think the first step isn't even a consideration because it steps on the toes of powerful people.

all other industrialized nations have some form of sigle payer and have better health and lower costs by far than we do

LIE.
Government subsidizes the costs and it disguise the true cost of medical treatment in the countrys you claim to be utopias of free or cheap medical services run by the state.

Thanks for proving again the lack of intellectual honesty. Maybe in your fantasy world healthcare and healthins can be bought by anyone who simply wishes to buy it. Outside of that crack filled snow globe it requires money.

(I can only guess how much bullshit will get slung now)

The lack of intellectual integrity is yours. Of course it costs money to buy health care services.

So 45,000 people die each year of natural causes that might be preventable if they had more money. Duh.

But if we decide to save every life that can be saved no matter what the costs is we will soon be paying 1/3 of our incomes to finance our own health care and the huge Baby boom gen that is just now begining to retire enmasse, as well as the underemployed who are still growing in numbers BTW.

And this triple burden will be borne by a shrinking workforce who had little or nothing to do with the gross(criminal) mismanagement that spawned this problem.

Can you pick a bullshit position and stick with it or will you just hop around like a blind frog? First you said:

Now you say:

"So 45,000 people die each year of natural causes that might be preventable if they had more money. Duh."

Ribbit.

since your response was gibberish I can't help you.

Good catch

You do realize that Curved light was totaly oblivious, that I am far to the left of you, that I am a progressive which by definition means I am not a partisan for either party, right?

Does truth matter to you or are you all about party? Because you can't choose both. If you are a partisan then you have already disavowed truth.

If truth matters than you have already disavowed party.

?

Last edited:
LIE.
Government subsidizes the costs and it disguise the true cost of medical treatment in the countrys you claim to be utopias of free or cheap medical services run by the state.

Yes and no. What you say is true. But despite that the US still pays 50% more for health care/capita than any other nation on earth, while 14% of us still have no health insurance.

Cuba for example: it's entire government, military, healthcare system, education, social infrastructure, etc exists on less/capita than we spend on healthcare and Cuba has reasonably good healthcare, surpassing us in life expectancy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

Last edited:
Lack of health insurance is associated with
as many as 44789 deaths per year in the
United States, more than those caused by
kidney disease (n=42868).41 The increased
risk of death attributable to uninsurance
suggests that alternative measures of access
to medical care for the uninsured, such as
community health centers, do not provide the
protection of private health insurance. Despite
widespread acknowledgment that
enacting universal coverage would be life
saving, doing so remains politically thorny
http://pnhp.org/excessdeaths/health-insurance-and-mortality-in-US-adults.pdf

This is the Harvard Medical School Study where that number comes from, I'd suggest that those who often cite this as justification for a public healthcare plan read it closely, because , there are a couple of things worth mentioning, first the study itself will tell you that it did NOT validate self insured indivduals in the study and this is only an estimate !! based on not having PRIVATE Insurance. So for those who long advocated a Govt. option single payer I'd suggest not using this study to validate my argument.

LIE.

Yes and no. What you say is true. But despite that the US still pays 50% more for health care/capita than any other nation on earth, while 14% of us still have no health insurance.

Cuba for example: it's entire government, military, healthcare system, education, social infrastructure, etc exists on less/capita than we spend on healthcare and Cuba has reasonably good healthcare, surpassing us in life expectancy.

List of countries by life expectancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They only have 11 million people....It's quite easy to take care of that number when you pay your doctors 15 dollars a month..:lol:
Healthcare in Cuba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nothing posted so far could be further from the truth..the first step is to get medical practitioners and hospitals to quit raising their rates. Idiots like you expect insurance companies to operate with no profit margin or in the red...what kind of business operates in the red and constantly loses money....other than the U.S. government at this point....

Damn. Why is it you mind readers always fail on your generosity when it would be appreciated more? Instead of stopping at where you read others' minds why can't you share tomorrow's lotto numbers? Or do you keep that info tight for fear of others getting access to your esp abilities through expensive high tech wizardry? Hey, I have to go to the store later, can you tell me what I will be hungry for on wednesday and thursday? I mean, if not lotto numbers, how about a short menu? Thanks so much for your help.

Now you say:

Ribbit.

since your response was gibberish I can't help you.

Most of the contents were your own words so I'm kind of surprised you admit what you post is gibberish. Guess any of us can be surprised by a spark of your honesty falling off the wagon. Cheers.

Good catch

You do realize that Curved light was totaly oblivious, that I am far to the left of you, that I am a progressive which by definition means I am not a partisan for either party, right?

Does truth matter to you or are you all about party? Because you can't choose both. If you are a partisan then you have already disavowed truth.

If truth matters than you have already disavowed party.

?

I think it's spelled "r i b b i t." Not sure, but what I do know is your bullshit is getting sacrificed in quality the further the thread goes. I called out your contradictory claims so your lame obfuscation could only be applauded by how you were smart enough to drop the "whites will be a minority in 20-30 years" shit.

as many as 44789 deaths per year
in the

This is the Harvard Medical School Study where that number comes from, I'd suggest that those who often cite this as justification for a public healthcare plan read it closely, because , there are a couple of things worth mentioning, first the study itself will tell you that it did NOT validate self insured indivduals in the study and this is only an estimate !! based on not having PRIVATE Insurance. So for those who long advocated a Govt. option single payer I'd suggest not using this study to validate my argument.

...Is associated with.....which means the same as....We Assume from our data it could be one of the contributing factors....

I want to see people....case histories of deaths directly *caused* by lack of health insurance. I don't want to hear this crap about how they feel about it.

What were the causes???? What were the names, places, dates....specific instances. Not risks assessments.

And....once again....this is all invalidated because the program you support doesn't kick in for several years when it should have started yesterday. How can you reconcile that little irregularity? If you were so damned concerned and the program was so needed you would be demanding that it start as soon as it's signed.....not after the next couple of election cycles are history and enough taxes have been taken from us before we can discover whether the program is a piece of shit or not.

And for the record...one of my co-workers is as we speak dying from brain cancer. He's got great health insurance...but it's not gonna save him.

Last edited:
in the

...Is associated with.....which means the same as....We Assume from our data it could be one of the contributing factors....

I want to see people....case histories of deaths directly *caused* by lack of health insurance. I don't want to hear this crap about how they feel about it.

What were the causes???? What were the names, places, dates....specific instances. Not risks assessments.

And....once again....this is all invalidated because the program you support doesn't kick in for several years when it should have started yesterday. How can you reconcile that little irregularity? If you were so damned concerned and the program was so needed you would be demanding that it start as soon as it's signed.....not after the next couple of election cycles are history and enough taxes have been taken from us before we can discover whether the program is a piece of shit or not.

And for the record...one of my co-workers is as we speak dying from brain cancer. He's got great health insurance...but it's not gonna save him.

A few of my clients are doctors and one thing they have all agreed on is lack of health insurance is a contributing factor to avoidable ailments and deaths. It just seems like common sense. If people could get physicals and have their health checked to catch problems early on then it could actually save money in the long run. This philosophy of preventative maintenance is in all fields so why not the human body?

in the

A few of my clients are doctors and one thing they have all agreed on is lack of health insurance is a contributing factor to avoidable ailments and deaths. It just seems like common sense. If people could get physicals and have their health checked to catch problems early on then it could actually save money in the long run. This philosophy of preventative maintenance is in all fields so why not the human body?

No doubt. I don't trust these beltway assholes.

They've been known to fuck up a wet-dream. I don't think they're capable of doing anything efficiently. They waste our money at every turn. They buy favors when they should be putting our cash to good use. And now this program is intentionally...by design...pushed back to 2014. I would be really pissed if I were you. But you're not....because the thought of doing something makes you all warm and fuzzy...which is the GD problem with the left. They start programs and don't make sure they work. In the meantime we're stuck with the bill.

The purpose shouldn't be to punish the rich...but to help the poor and those who need health care they couldn't get otherwise. Problem is this program's heart is in the wrong place.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back