The reality behind Health Care Reform

loosecannon

May 7, 2007
I have not yet read one single blog post, news story or board post that even mentioned the real purposes of the health care reform legislation currently in limbo in Congress. Which surprises me because it really isn't that difficult to see the first purpose.

Why is it that the bills are projected by the Congressional Budget Office to cost $878 billion and yet still reduce the deficit by $150 billion over 10 years?

The answer is because dramatic savings in Medicare costs are part of these bills. There are your death panels. As if we don't already have death panels in the form of insurance company refusals to pay for treatment.

The first and most rational purpose of the HCR bills is to save Medicare from the $37 trillion liabilities shortfall that is looming over the next two decades. To do that costs must be cut and a management mechanism must be established that has the authority to manage Medicare costs, these bills do both.

How? Easy. They create a new government agency with nearly irrevocable powers to manage medicare treatments and dramatically reduce the price that the government will pay for health care services that medicare recipients receive.

So why would healthcare providers be able to accept dramatic cuts in the fee schedule for Medicare recipients? Easy again, there is a backstop. Every American will be required to pay for health care insurance regardless of whether they need it or not and at prices that are going to be far higher than market value.

Non medicare citizens will be paying far too much for health insurance so that Medicare citizens can pay far too little. Between both extremes medical care services overall will be priced approximately at market value. And Medicare might not go bust due to a $37 trillion liabilities shortfall. Or not.

That is the basic reason why this whole health care debate is happening. But there is a second reason.

Ever hear about the "K"street project? It was a plan to extend the GOP majority in the federal government forever.

Well Team Obamuel has their own version. And this health care reform package is the lynchpin. 30 million folks will receive health care courtesy of this legislation and at costs far less than your's or mine. I suspect those may turn out to be loyal democrats for decades to come. But wait there is more!

A bill is already in Congress that will eventually grant citizen status to 12 million or 20 million currently illegal aliens. Provided that bill passes the dems can again be assured of another 10-20 million loyal democrats in perpetuity.

Then as demographic trends develop white people will become a minority in the USA about 20-30 years from now sealing the democrat's majority for a long, long time. All the dems have to do is pass these two bills, survive 5-10 more years and be the party that buys the votes of the present ethnic minorities/illegal aliens and they have a century of unchallenged federal power to look forward to.

Buy the elderly white vote today, buy the poorest's vote today, buy the illegal alien vote next year and buy the minority vote forever. Game, set, match.

30 million folks will receive health care courtesy of this legislation and at costs far less than your's or mine. I suspect those may turn out to be loyal democrats for decades to come.

Right on the money. The Nanny State is here to stay, courtesy of the Republican Party. Why do I say that? Because the Democrat Party has always pushed the Nanny State. That left the Republican Party to defend America from the neo-marxists. Instead, they spent like drunken sailors on big government programs and spent trillions attacking other countries in the name of the 'war on terrorism'. Fail.

Tell your conspiracy theory to the familes of your 45,000 fellow Americans who will die this year because they can't access health care. In fact, send them a postcare.

Shit, the right has been resisting universal health care since the early 1900s, with the same lame excuses and the telling US, What't the fucking rush?

I will bet that 99.99999999% or more who are against the reform have health care like the Senators and Congressfolks who are calling this bill anything from worse than terrorism to communism.

Fuck them all. I have no problem elimnating the current tax cut for the super rich and creating a program where all Americans are covered. (Then the will invest back into jobs and the company like they used to.) I know they are all welfare queens, even the folks who work two or more jobs because they can't get coverage from their employees. Also the 13,000 a month who have lost their job and coverage.

Change will win in the long run. We will get some form of single payer system as the current Insurance Gangsters continue to raise the premiums until even the true believers on the right realize they are getting a free medical proctology exam.:cuckoo:

Conservatism always loses in the long run because its only real result is entropy.:eek:

Tell your conspiracy theory to the familes of your 45,000 fellow Americans who will die this year because they can't access health care. In fact, send them a postcare.

Shit, the right has been resisting universal health care since the early 1900s, with the same lame excuses and the telling US, What't the fucking rush?

I will bet that 99.99999999% or more who are against the reform have health care like the Senators and Congressfolks who are calling this bill anything from worse than terrorism to communism.

Fuck them all. I have no problem elimnating the current tax cut for the super rich and creating a program where all Americans are covered. (Then the will invest back into jobs and the company like they used to.) I know they are all welfare queens, even the folks who work two or more jobs because they can't get coverage from their employees. Also the 13,000 a month who have lost their job and coverage.

Change will win in the long run. We will get some form of single payer system as the current Insurance Gangsters continue to raise the premiums until even the true believers on the right realize they are getting a free medical proctology exam.:cuckoo:

Conservatism always loses in the long run because its only real result is entropy.:eek:

If 45 thousand a year are dying explain to us why the obamalama is witholding care for four years! Isn't that genocidal?

If 45 thousand a year are dying explain to us why the obamalama is witholding care for four years! Isn't that genocidal?

Obama is witholding most of the already appropriated "stimulus" funds as well and is witholding $550 billion in appropriated TARP funds.

But the reason why the "reform" is gonna be phased in over 4 years is to minimize the shock folks are gonna experience when they suddenly have to pay 1/4th of their income for health insurance. To avoid some kind of populist backlash.

And don't get me wrong I support single payer. More than 25% of the folks opposed to this legislation do so because it is far too weak, institutionalizes the present private system and doesn't contain costs. IOW progressives. Just ask Howard Dean or Dennis Kucinnich!

If the bill was crafted properly health care costs for the nation as a whole could be driven down 30% within 2 years and still expand coverage to more people. We know this because we pay 50% more for health care than anybody else on the planet.

as a Canadian, I can tell you that socialized health care and the single payer system leads to rationing and waiting lists. it is unavoidable. that is not a terrible thing for most people because it gives somewhat inferior service to everyone at the cost of excellent service to those who can pay for it.

Not a single response?

The whole "white people will become a minority in the next 20-30 years" was enough to wax any hope of intellectual honesty.

In all honesty with so many mixed couples there wont be any one race period.
Which always make me question why a POS like the shitstain in office is black? He was (supposedly) born in the US and is half black, raised by white grandparents and not an african

You have a link to any hard and verified numbers to back up that patently idiotic talking point, beside Daily Kos, HuffnpuffPost or the DNC?

Funny you never asked the original thread starter the same question huh?

You are a politcal hack.

It is the only way to get everyone covered at the momment.

You see too many in congress still have their asses OWNED by the insurance Cos and will refuse to vote in anything that will harm their bottom line.

I dont like it much but it beats the hell out of watching kids die because their insurance company cuts them off in the middle of cancer treatment.

What will come of this is more people will live and the US will come to its senses and send the Insurance cos who have created this mess to hell where they belong and we will get single payer for all.

So, what's the medical pathology that causes people to die from lack of purchase of any product?

there is none. Nobody ever died due to a lack of health insurance. People die because of natural causes. Period.

Health care can improve the odds of avoiding death by natural causes, but in the present system you don't need health insurance to get health care. But you will under the "reform care plan". You will no longer be able to contract directly with health care providers for care covered under the plans in the exchange. That option will no longer exist unless you do so illegally or leave the country to do so.

So, what's the medical pathology that causes people to die from lack of purchase of any product?

there is none. Nobody ever died due to a lack of health insurance. People die because of natural causes. Period.

Health care can improve the odds of avoiding death by natural causes, but in the present system you don't need health insurance to get health care. But you will under the "reform care plan". You will no longer be able to contract directly with health care providers for care covered under the plans in the exchange. That option will no longer exist unless you do so illegally or leave the country to do so.

And food can improve the odds that you will not die the natural death of starvation.

And shelter can improve the odds that you will not die the natural death of exposeur.

Forum List

Back