The Real USA Unemployment #'s

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
If your interested in seeing the real unemployment numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, here's your chance...:(

The statistics are listed by State and the Alternative Measures of the U-1 through U-6 are explained..

I believe it's important to get a glimpse of the realities in the unemployment numbers.

Is it unfair to judge Obama on these numbers, I don't think so but...eh... I'm not much of a fan of Obama's....:lol:

Alternative Measures of Labor Underutilization for States

It's of interest to me that generally the States with the highest unemployment are the States that Obama is presumably a synch to win the electoral votes in.

I can't help but wonder why.

It is NOT unfair to judge Obama based on these numbers IN CONTEXT.

For example...Was employment rising or falling when he took office? At what rate? Is employment rising ior falling now? Or are the numebr stagnant?

What has he proposed to change or bolster any trends? Was he blocked by Congress in those attempts or supported?

As long as you are willing to place your question in context, its absolutely right to ask if he is to blame.

As to your second post, thats a very interesting observation. I would like to see some data to show validity. I think any answer without concrete data to back it up could only be highly speculative and very partisan.

It is NOT unfair to judge Obama based on these numbers IN CONTEXT.

For example...Was employment rising or falling when he took office? At what rate? Is employment rising ior falling now? Or are the numebr stagnant?

What has he proposed to change or bolster any trends? Was he blocked by Congress in those attempts or supported?

As long as you are willing to place your question in context, its absolutely right to ask if he is to blame.

As to your second post, thats a very interesting observation. I would like to see some data to show validity. I think any answer without concrete data to back it up could only be highly speculative and very partisan.

I suppose you should also ask, who controlled Congress before he took office, and after? Did he use his power wisely, did he preform as promised, did he unite the country and Congress behind his policies, was he honest and transparent with the American people, did he take responsibility or blame others. Eh.. I could think of many more question but I'm getting bored...:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back