The Real Romney

Isn't it amazing what we get to see when we're not forced to see someone through the media's filter? The Romney that we saw tonight is the same guy that has been there all along. The media wasn't able to distort him for a change. :)

Yep, Romney showed clearly IMO that unlike Obama he is someone who can and will work with Both sides and get things done. He should not even have to remind us of that. He was elected as a Republican in a very Democrat State, and got things done by working with a State Legislature that was 87% Democrat.

We need someone to bring our Law Makers together at the Table, Obama was Billed as such, but turned out to be the Opposite, Romney has a History of being exactly that man.

What Romney did tonight was brillant. He showed Obama for who he truly is. An Amateur who has played President for the past 4 years delegating authority and responsibility to others.. Obama showed he is inept, not educated what so ever on economic policy. It was almost embarassing.

Well, can't really blame Obama for his performance. He's had 6 years of being exalted by the media and had relatively no hard questions during that timeframe. He had his feet held to the fire, and it showed big time.

Well, can't really blame Obama for his performance. He's had 6 years of being exalted by the media and had relatively no hard questions during that timeframe. He had his feet held to the fire, and it showed big time.

Precisely.

6 months ago everyone on here was trashing Romney yet now he is the champion of conservatism?

6 months ago everyone on here was trashing Romney yet now he is the champion of conservatism?

Get a grip old man.. Mitt Romney deserves recognition for clearning Obama's clock.. He thoroughly trounced him!

Sore losers SUCK!

Maobama kept spinning (lying) and Mitt kept calling him on it. I'm watching MSLSD and I think even Crissie hissy fit Mathews has lost the thrill up his leg for the first time in 6 years.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
What I'm finding amazing... is that the liberal media is... amazed. I already KNEW what Mitt Romney was about, what he's capable of. I've been paying attention. And I'm not a bit surprised that he cleaned Obama's clock tonight. In fact, he didn't even really dip into the whole arsenal available to him. This is still softball... and it looks THAT ugly already. He hasn't even busted out the big guns. :lol:

I voted for Romney in 2008.

Me too. Even though he'd already dropped out by the time my state voted the primary. He's a stand-up guy though, a realist, and didn't have a path forward at the time.

Eh. Im not sure we can see the real Romney in a debate. Because the Real Romney is someone who usually doesnt announce what he does. The man tends to work behind the scenes and does alot to minister to the wants and needs of others without trumpeting it.

Don't get me wrong, he was being more of himself, but I am hoping it's enough to show people that he isnt what the media portrays him to be and that they will investigate more.

Isn't it amazing what we get to see when we're not forced to see someone through the media's filter? The Romney that we saw tonight is the same guy that has been there all along. The media wasn't able to distort him for a change. :)

He sounded more liberal than Obama tonight.

Romney isn't the monster MSLSD has made him out to be. Surprised? :eusa_whistle:

Today's media prefers to give us our opinions. Fact is that many in the media are liberal and they use the power they have to sway public opinion either by sugar coating things concerning liberal politicians and giving a negative spin to Republican politicians.

Look at the headlines on yahoo. If Obama is one point ahead, according to their polls they'll say things like Obama's re-election is carved in stone. If Romney shows any lead or being even with Obama, they'll remind us of the margin of error and say it's too early to call.

When the audio of Romney talking about the 47% surfaced, the media claimed he was desperately looking for the re-set button on his campaign. When a tape about Obama surfaced where he was imitating the nasty Rev. Wright as the crowd cheered the 9/11 attacks, the media didn't say a damn thing.

When the ambassador was killed by terrorists and Obama knew it right away, the media didn't question him when he falsely claimed it was a couple protesters who got out of hand because they were angry at a video. They didn't care about the details or what intel was available. Any other time (namely when there is a Repub in office) they demand to know who knew what and when and they will sue for full disclosure if it's not forthcoming. Even now that we know what happened, the media approaches it gingerly and constantly looks to Obama before reporting anything.

Now we will be treated to every conceivable opinion of the debate. Some will praise Obama for being consistent, even though the only thing he is consistent about is lying. They will accuse Romney of misrepresenting everything. I read an article that sought to predict what would be said and why it would be wrong. One point bought up was that Romney would try to say that a gallon of gas doubled since Obama took office. Even the liberal fact checkers conceded that it has doubled since 2008, however, they claim it was "unusually low". Sorry, but it was at a price we had grown accustomed to and many thought it was still too high. Now they've convinced people that $3 a gallon is dirt cheap.

When you see the media going after Romney's claim before he utters a word, you know who they are stumping for.

I thought Obama's lame attempt in tonight's debate was bad enough to numb the tingle in Matthew's leg, not that he'd admit it.

The media has been busy trying to discredit Romney from the get go. They've got their work cut out for them after tonight's debate, but they'll put every trick out of their hat if they have to. Somehow, some way the media will find a way to put a positive spin on Obama's dismal performance and a negative one on Romney's amazing night. The sad part is that so many people are already firm in their opinion and the debates may only affect a mere 17% of voters. However, in a close election, that can make a huge difference, so the media will attempt to convince those undecided voters that Romney isn't as good as he seems. While the media still plays their game in the polls and tells us that Obama will win, they know they are lying and will desperately try to increase Obama's real numbers before election day.

Many feel that Romney tends to sound more like Reagan when he gets passionate. Obama, on the other hand, sounds like Karl Marx when there is no teleprompter to guide him.

I am glad that Romney is clearly focused on making the liberal reporters' job extremely difficult.

Last edited:
  • Thanks

Does this mean you're flip-flopping your vote...? :lol:

• Thanks

Nobody said he was. But he is a guy who can beat Obama. He is a guy who can bring both sides to the table, and he is a guy who knows the Economy and how to lead.

Ill take a Competent, Moderate Republican over Obama any day of the week.

And it probably drove the Lamestream Media nuts too.

• Thanks
Now...........If Romney could only "connect" with ordinary Americans and increase his likeabilty by appearing on dimwitted shows like the view, colbert, stewart and letterman..................

Rock the clueless vote, man............

*blink*blink*

You think he did a good job???

Forum List

Back