The Real Right Side Of History

Avestan, an extinct Eastern Iranian language related to Old Persian and Sanskrit, which was used as a sacred language of Zoroastrian worship long after it ceased to be used as an everyday spoken language.

Remember the last time you were correct about anything?

Me neither.
Then you should remember this day. Avestan seems to have a history similar to Hebrew:

Hebrew had ceased to be an everyday spoken language somewhere between 200 and 400 CE, declining since the aftermath of the Bar Kokhba revolt.[2][12][note 2] Aramaic and, to a lesser extent, Greek were already in use as international languages, especially among elites and immigrants.[14]

Avestan, an extinct Eastern Iranian language related to Old Persian and Sanskrit, which was used as a sacred language of Zoroastrian worship long after it ceased to be used as an everyday spoken language.

Remember the last time you were correct about anything?

Me neither.
Then you should remember this day. Avestan seems to have a history similar to Hebrew:

Hebrew had ceased to be an everyday spoken language somewhere between 200 and 400 CE, declining since the aftermath of the Bar Kokhba revolt.[2][12][note 2] Aramaic and, to a lesser extent, Greek were already in use as international languages, especially among elites and immigrants.[14]

Are you here to admit you are wrong about Zoroatrianism?
"I'm not sure that is true but there is another, even more ancient religion that is still practiced: Zoroastrianism"

Is Hebrew spoke today?

Is it the regular language in Israel?

Am I 100% correct here:

Three millennia....and still extant.
In chapter 17 of Genesis we find this: “as an everlasting covenant throughout the ages, to be God to you and to your offspring to come.”

“The promise of an “everlasting covenant throughout the ages,” we can see from our modern-day vantage point, has been quite accurate. The Jews are the only intact people/culture/language/religion from the ancient world. There remain a number of ancient peoples, but none speak the same language and practice the same religion as they did in ancient times.

As Abba Eban, Israel’s Foreign Minister from 1966 to 1974, expressed it: “Israel is the only nation whose citizens live on the same land, speak the same language and practice the same religion as their ancestors did 3,000 years ago.”
Dennis Prager, “The Rational Bible”

Amazing!

"I don't attack or support either paganism or Christianity, ...."

Did you write this?
"You should be more respectful of pagans..."

Need help in pulling your foot out of your mouth?
Are you implying it is OK to disrespect people of other religions? Never mind, of course you do. I forgot who I'm dealing with.

"Are you implying it is OK to disrespect people of other religions?"

Are you claiming to respect Sharia:

A) Killing of Apostates, those who decide to leave the religion

B) Beating of women, and stoning them to death for infractions

C) Calling Jews Pigs and Monkeys

D) Declaring war on non-Muslims either to convert them, or to have them pay a second-class citizen tax

E) Enslave and rape female war prisoners, as in Darfur

F) Fight and kill Jews as preparation for the end days

G) Kill gays

Wouldn't surprise me.

7. Judging by how original and unique the Judeo-Christian view of God is….

“God is beyond nature (all previous gods were gods of nature or part of nature). God is not a sexual being (all previous gods engaged in sex—with other gods and/or mortals).

There is only one God of humanity (all pre-existing gods were attached to one tribe, religion, or nation—there was no god of all humanity).

We do not worship trees—because trees are created, not creators. We worship the Creator of trees. Unlike the other religions of the ancient world, biblical religion never worshipped nature.

Among other things, God’s curse de-deified the serpent, which was worshipped in many pagan societies, including the Egyptian, Sumerian, Hittite, and Canaanite. Throughout the Torah, the Torah seeks to undermine polytheism by dethroning the gods of the ancient world. Thus, for example, nine of the Ten Plagues of the Exodus were directed against Egyptian gods (see a list of those gods in the commentary to Exodus 7:5).” Prager, Op. Cit.

Fascinating, huh?

…shouldn’t the originality, the unusualness, be considered a point for in favor of this view over that of Hegel/Marx’s Militant Secularism, the religion of the Democrats/Liberals/Progressives???

Did you write this?

Are you implying it is OK to disrespect people of other religions? Never mind, of course you do. I forgot who I'm dealing with.

D) Declaring war on non-Muslims either to convert them, or to have them pay a second-class citizen tax

G) Kill gays

Wouldn't surprise me.
I wonder if you judge every religion by the same standards? Christians have done much the same things over the centuries, do you condemn Christianity?

“God is beyond nature (all previous gods were gods of nature or part of nature). God is not a sexual being (all previous gods engaged in sex—with other gods and/or mortals).

There is only one God of humanity (all pre-existing gods were attached to one tribe, religion, or nation—there was no god of all humanity).

We do not worship trees—because trees are created, not creators. We worship the Creator of trees. Unlike the other religions of the ancient world, biblical religion never worshipped nature.

Among other things, God’s curse de-deified the serpent, which was worshipped in many pagan societies, including the Egyptian, Sumerian, Hittite, and Canaanite. Throughout the Torah, the Torah seeks to undermine polytheism by dethroning the gods of the ancient world. Thus, for example, nine of the Ten Plagues of the Exodus were directed against Egyptian gods (see a list of those gods in the commentary to Exodus 7:5).” Prager, Op. Cit.

Fascinating, huh?

…shouldn’t the originality, the unusualness, be considered a point for in favor of this view over that of Hegel/Marx’s Militant Secularism, the religion of the Democrats/Liberals/Progressives???
Zoroastrians believe that there is one universal, transcendent, all-good, and uncreated supreme creator deity, Ahura Mazda, or the "Wise Lord". Sounds familiar to me. Just sayn'. Curiously Magi were priests in Zoroastrianism.

Did you write this?

G) Kill gays

Wouldn't surprise me.
I wonder if you judge every religion by the same standards? Christians have done much the same things over the centuries, do you condemn Christianity?

You can run, but you can't hide...
So saith the Brown Bomber

"I'm not sure that is true but there is another, even more ancient religion that is still practiced: Zoroastrianism"

Is Hebrew spoke today?

Am I 100% correct here:

In chapter 17 of Genesis we find this: “as an everlasting covenant throughout the ages, to be God to you and to your offspring to come.”

“The promise of an “everlasting covenant throughout the ages,” we can see from our modern-day vantage point, has been quite accurate. The Jews are the only intact people/culture/language/religion from the ancient world. There remain a number of ancient peoples, but none speak the same language and practice the same religion as they did in ancient times.

As Abba Eban, Israel’s Foreign Minister from 1966 to 1974, expressed it: “Israel is the only nation whose citizens live on the same land, speak the same language and practice the same religion as their ancestors did 3,000 years ago.”

Amazing!

Did you write this?

G) Kill gays

Wouldn't surprise me.

No they haven't.

Fascinating, huh?

Zoroastrians believe that there is one universal, transcendent, all-good, and uncreated supreme creator deity, Ahura Mazda, or the "Wise Lord". Sounds familiar to me. Just sayn'. Curiously Magi were priests in Zoroastrianism.

Is Hebrew spoke today?

Am I 100% correct here:

Amazing!

Is Hebrew spoke today?

Exactly which Hebrew do you mean? It has evolved continuously and was not always the 'regular' language in Israel. Jesus likely spoke Aramaic not Hebrew. Early Christians, at least the educated ones, likely spoke Greek.
The Hebrew spoken in Israel goes back to Eliezer Ben-Yehuda in the late 1800s, less than 150 years ago.

Did you write this?

G) Kill gays

Wouldn't surprise me.
No they haven't.
So we agree....you were unable to dispute anything I've posted.

Stick to "Is not, isssssssss nootttttttttt!!!"

That's the best you can do, isn't it.

Sorry but except for the word 'non-Muslim' in D), Christians have done all these things at one time or another.

8. It is more than surprising to see how different the religion described in the Old Testament, Genesis, is from the religious versions existing at the time…

Chapter five of Genesis goes through the listing of generations after Adam…
“Two reasons stand out for the genealogies. Both contrast the Torah with its contemporaneous pagan societies.

First, other ancient Near-Eastern genealogies depicted man-gods. But there are no man-gods in the Torah—all the genealogies from Adam forward are of human beings.

Second, the other genealogies list kings; the Torah’s genealogies do not. It is the Torah’s way of saying every individual human being matters, not just royalty. The Torah cannot be appreciated without first understanding how utterly different it was morally and theologically from the values of its time. It is one of the reasons the Torah should be regarded, like creation, as ex nihilo—from nothing. Nothing existed before creation; and nothing like the Torah existed before the Torah.”
Prager, “The Rational Bible”

If there is not a Divine revelation involved….what is the alternative explanation for its uniqueness, its singularity, when compared to other religions of the time?

9. Not only is the Bible version vastly different from the pagan versions of the time, three millennia ago, but the amazing thing is that the Left today echoes the atavistic pagan beliefs.

The Noah story is a case in point:

Genesis 9.1 “Be fertile and increase and fill the earth.

“Having destroyed mankind except for Noah and his family, God’s first desire and commandment is that man repopulate the earth. This is the very opposite of the gods’ desires in the other major Near Eastern flood story, the Gilgamesh Epic. In Vicroi Hamilton’s words: “[The Gilgamesh Epic] concludes on a note exactly the opposite of the biblical story. It says overpopulation is the earth’s primary problem, hence the need for population control, which can be accomplished either by nature or by the gods. Viewed in this light, Genesis 9:1 looks like a conscious rejection of the Gilgamesh Epic.”

“Chapter 10 This chapter of Genesis is known as the Table of Nations because it contains the genealogical tables of Noah’s descendants and the nations that came from them…. is in fact not only significant but revolutionary. This chapter affirms God is the God of all nations and is interested in all nations. There is nothing like this in any other contemporaneous religious literature. In the words of Robert Alter: “In keeping with the universalist perspective of Genesis, the Table of Nations is a serious attempt, unprecedented in the ancient Near East, to sketch a panorama of all known human cultures—from Greece and Crete in the west through Asia Minor and Iran and down through Mesopotamia and the Arabian Peninsula to north- western Africa. “
Op. Cit.

I should point out that Noah is not Jewish.
There are no Jewish folks in the Bible until chapter 11 of Genesis.

“[Pagan text] says overpopulation is the earth’s primary problem, hence the need for population control, which can be accomplished either by nature or by the gods.”

It is hard to miss how similar this view is to the Left’s environmentalism, which sees man as a virus, a detriment to Gaia, mother earth.’

Second, the other genealogies list kings; the Torah’s genealogies do not. It is the Torah’s way of saying every individual human being matters, not just royalty.
Except just the opposite is true. God made his covenant with the tribe of Israel not with individuals and royalty mattered greatly. When the people of Israel sinned they were punished as a people. They were conquered and carried off to slavery regardless of their individual sins. When David sinned he was not punished, it was the people of Israel that were punished even though they were innocent.

10. Here is an interesting note that has contemporary significance.

Genesis 12:12 If the Egyptians see you, and think, ‘She is his wife,’ they will kill me and let you live.

“…the Egyptians were deemed quite capable of killing strangers and taking their wives. Perhaps this story is included in order to show just how revolutionary was the new system of ethical monotheism that God was trying to institute.

In contrast to the normative behavior toward strangers in Egypt, God commands the Jews to love the stranger (Leviticus 19:34, Deuteronomy 10:19, Exodus 22:21). “The stranger was to be protected, although he was not a member of one’s family, clan, religion, community, or people, simply because he was a human being. In the stranger, therefore, man discovered the idea of humanity.” This was not the case anywhere else (see, for example, Genesis 19). I have not found any other civilization that demanded love of the stranger.” Prager

Hence…..civilization.

And, there is this, today:

“I have been commanded to wage war against mankind till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, …and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf ….”

Know whose quote that is?
Muhammad bin Abdullah (570-632)

and 1400 years later, the same thing....

"Muslims cant integrate and must hate non muslims."
Those aren't my words, they are from a Muslim leader.
“New York Mufti says, Muslims cannot integrate: ‘Muslims should hate non-Muslims’ “The general principle… is to love and to hate for the sake of Allah,”

New York Mufti says, Muslims cannot integrate: 'Muslims should hate non-Muslims' · Caldron Pool

It is a pagan view, and largely explains the affinity Democrats have with Islam.

10. Here is an interesting note that has contemporary significance.

Genesis 12:12 If the Egyptians see you, and think, ‘She is his wife,’ they will kill me and let you live.

“…the Egyptians were deemed quite capable of killing strangers and taking their wives. Perhaps this story is included in order to show just how revolutionary was the new system of ethical monotheism that God was trying to institute.

In contrast to the normative behavior toward strangers in Egypt, God commands the Jews to love the stranger (Leviticus 19:34, Deuteronomy 10:19, Exodus 22:21). “The stranger was to be protected, although he was not a member of one’s family, clan, religion, community, or people, simply because he was a human being. In the stranger, therefore, man discovered the idea of humanity.” This was not the case anywhere else (see, for example, Genesis 19). I have not found any other civilization that demanded love of the stranger.” Prager

Hence…..civilization.

And, there is this, today:

“I have been commanded to wage war against mankind till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, …and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf ….”

Know whose quote that is?
Muhammad bin Abdullah (570-632)

and 1400 years later, the same thing....

"Muslims cant integrate and must hate non muslims."
Those aren't my words, they are from a Muslim leader.
“New York Mufti says, Muslims cannot integrate: ‘Muslims should hate non-Muslims’ “The general principle… is to love and to hate for the sake of Allah,”

New York Mufti says, Muslims cannot integrate: 'Muslims should hate non-Muslims' · Caldron Pool

It is a pagan view, and largely explains the affinity Democrats have with Islam.
There is plenty of hatred in this country for Muslims by non-Muslims. Just the kind of thing found in your post. Hatred is taking the words of two men and implying they speak for the entire faith.

In my personal experience, Muslims are very welcoming to strangers. As a stranger I ate with the men, before even their own women and children got to eat. That is hospitality.

Forum List

Back