The Real Rescue Story

Indiana Oracle

The Truth is Hard to Find
Mar 17, 2009
NW Indiana
This appeared on the web and makes a lot of sense to me. The breathless accounts in the media regarding the thoughtful manliness of The Prophet did not click. You may have seen it. If not...

___

"> \
> Subject: FW: The real story of the stand off with the
> Pirates
>
> FYI: BHO = Barak H. Obama
>
> ROE = Rules Of Engagement
>
> RIB = Rigid Inflatable Boat
>

> Rear Admiral Lou Sarosdy USN Ret. writes.....
>
> The real story of Obama's Decision Making
> with the hostages.
>
> Having spoken to some SEAL pals here in Virginia
> Beach yesterday and asking why this thing dragged out for 4
> days, I got the following:
>
>
> 1. BHO wouldn't authorize the DEVGRU/NSWC
> SEAL teams to the scene for 36 hours going against OSC (on
> scene commander) recommendation.
> 2. Once they arrived, BHO imposed restrictions
> on their ROE that they couldn't do anything unless the
> hostage's life was in "imminent" danger
> 3. The first time the hostage jumped, the SEALS
> had the raggies all sighted in, but could not fire due to
> ROE restriction
> 4. When the navy RIB came under fire as it
> approached with supplies, no fire was returned due to ROE
> restrictions. As the raggies were shooting at the RIB, they
> were exposed and the SEALS had them all dialed in.
> 5. BHO specifically denied two rescue plans
> developed by the Bainbridge CPN and SEAL teams
> 6. Bainbridge CPN and SEAL team CDR finally
> decide they have the OpArea and OSC authority to solely
> determine risk to hostage. 4 hours later, 3 dead raggies
> 7. BHO immediately claims credit for his
> "daring and decisive" behaviour. As usual with
> him, it's BS.
>
> Read the following accurate account.
>
> Philips’ first leap into the warm, dark water
> of the Indian Ocean hadn’t worked out a s well. With the
> Bainbridge in range and a rescue by his country’s Navy
> possible, Philips threw himself off of his lifeboat prison,
> enabling Navy shooters onboard the destroyer a clear shot at
> his captors — and none was taken.
>
> The guidance from National Command Authority —
> the president of the United States ,
> Barack Obama — had been clear: a peaceful
> solution was the only acceptable outcome to this standoff
> unless the hostage’s life was in clear, extreme danger.
>
> The next day, a small Navy boat approaching the
> floating raft was fired on by the Somali pirates — and
> again no fire was returned and no pirates killed. This was
> again due to the cautious stance assumed by Navy personnel
> thanks to the combination of a lack of clear guidance from
> Washington and a mandate
> from the commander in chief’s staff not to act
> until Obama, a man with no background of dealing with such
> issues and no track record of decisiveness, decided that any
> outcome other than a “peaceful solution” would be
> acceptable.
>
> After taking fire from the Somali kidnappers
> again Saturday night, the on scene commander decided he’d
> had enough.
>
> Keeping his authority to act in the case of a
> clear and present danger to the hostage’s
> life and having heard nothing from Washington
> since yet another request to mount a rescue operation had
> been denied the day before, the Navy officer — unnamed in
> all media reports to date — decided the AK47 one captor
> had leveled at Philips’ back was a threat to the
> hostage’s life and ordered the NSWC team to take their
> shots.
>
> Three rounds downrange later, all three brigands
> became enemy KIA and Philips was safe.
>
> There is upside, downside, and spinside to the
> series of events over the last week that culminated in
> yesterday’s dramatic rescue of an American hostage.
>
> Almost immediately following word of the rescue,
> the Obama administration and its supporters claimed victory
> against pirates in the Indian Ocean and declared that the
> dramatic end to the standoff were the result of the
> inexperienced president’s toughness and decisiveness.
>
> Despite the Obama administration’s (and its
> sycophants’) attempt to spin yesterday’s success as a
> result of bold, decisive leadership by the inexperienced
> president, the reality is nothing of the sort.
>
> What should have been a standoff lasting only
> hours — as long as it took the USS Bainbridge and its team
> of NSWC operators to steam to the location — became an
> embarrassing four day and counting standoff between a ragtag
> handful of criminals with rifles and a U.S. Navy warship.
>
> *********************************
>
> Bottom Line: It appears that Right Wing
> Extremist Terrorists (once known as US Navy Seals) wiped out
> the Potential Man-made Disaster Creators (formerly known as
> Terrorists or Pirates) without any positive involvement of
> the White House.
>
>
> !
>
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG -
www.avg.com
> Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.12.0/2066 - Release
> Date: 04/18/09 09:55:00

hmmm, i'm usually very skeptical of anything circulated by email
will have to reserve judgement on this one till its either confirmed or refuted by other sources

will have to reserve judgement on this one till its either confirmed or refuted by other sources

Why even make a post when you can confirm or refute yourself. Maybe this will help.

BLACKFIVE: How the rescue happened

He did affirm the military's authorization to use force if the captain's life was in danger, but they already would have had that authorization as part of their standard rules of engagement. If there are innocents about to be slaughtered the same reasoning that authorizes self defense also covers an imminent execution unless the ROE specifically forbid it.The AP is making it sound like there was an active rescue ordered by the President. It was not, there was an imminent threat and the local commander gave the order to fire. Good on Obama for ensuring their authorization was clear, but let's also be clear that he did not authorize or order an active rescue

Since I already explained that Obama's part in this was apparently to reinforce the authority already possessed by the on scene commander. Matter of fact if there was a second communication with the President it nay have been because his first order actually restricted them from taking action i.e. why nothing happened when Phillips made his escape attempt. Regardless, Obama did not order a rescue and I kinda doubt he would have.

I have to wonder why the pirates would have threatened Phillips or considered killing him. It would be an obvious death sentence, as evidenced. The second they shot him, it would have allowed free rein for the Bainbridge to blow them out of the water.

I hope that helps, I need to dig up the NRO article explaning a little of the mystery in regard to the legal documents and consultations with lawyers Obama had in regards to this eposode "Pirates and the Obama administration".

Fascinating.

Once again though, any real follow up by the media regarding this will likely not happen.

They are working diligently to protect Obama at all credibility cost.

I am very curious to know if this is legit or not - as should anyone else - namely the media.

Alas, that will likely not prove to be...

I'm posting the real reply right here.

Whatever i say is real.

And because i say it, it's the truth.

And since you are listening to the truth, you must presume it is real.

I'm posting the real reply right here.

Whatever i say is real.

And because i say it, it's the truth.

And since you are listening to the truth, you must presume it is real.

Huh?

Global warming has caused Somalians to enter the waters and perform acts of piracy. That what Al Gore would say. Global warming caused Latrell Sprewell to turn down a 4-year $40 million contract because he had mouths to feed.

Why even make a post when you can confirm or refute yourself. Maybe this will help.

BLACKFIVE: How the rescue happened

He did affirm the military's authorization to use force if the captain's life was in danger, but they already would have had that authorization as part of their standard rules of engagement. If there are innocents about to be slaughtered the same reasoning that authorizes self defense also covers an imminent execution unless the ROE specifically forbid it.The AP is making it sound like there was an active rescue ordered by the President. It was not, there was an imminent threat and the local commander gave the order to fire. Good on Obama for ensuring their authorization was clear, but let's also be clear that he did not authorize or order an active rescue

Since I already explained that Obama's part in this was apparently to reinforce the authority already possessed by the on scene commander. Matter of fact if there was a second communication with the President it nay have been because his first order actually restricted them from taking action i.e. why nothing happened when Phillips made his escape attempt. Regardless, Obama did not order a rescue and I kinda doubt he would have.

I have to wonder why the pirates would have threatened Phillips or considered killing him. It would be an obvious death sentence, as evidenced. The second they shot him, it would have allowed free rein for the Bainbridge to blow them out of the water.

I hope that helps, I need to dig up the NRO article explaning a little of the mystery in regard to the legal documents and consultations with lawyers Obama had in regards to this eposode "Pirates and the Obama administration".
i didnt take the time to
wasnt that big a deal for me anyway

Want to bet that if the rescue had gone poorly these very same sources would now be blaming Obama for the outcome?

Want to bet that if the rescue had gone poorly these very same sources would now be blaming Obama for the outcome?

Yep. True dat.

Thing that makes me curious though......Bush Jr. fucked up for several years, and he got a pass most of the time, even when he invaded the wrong country.

However......the next day BO makes a move, the GOP is all over his jock.

Yep. True dat.

Thing that makes me curious though......Bush Jr. fucked up for several years, and he got a pass most of the time, even when he invaded the wrong country.

However......the next day BO makes a move, the GOP is all over his jock.

This is one of the reasons I didn't support B.H.O. in the election. I knew it would be next to impossible to get anything done and even if he does, it will be sabotaged at every turn.

Has any President ever gotten more 'benifit of the doubts' than Bush?

WMD, mushroom clouds, yellow cake, disclosed CIA agent, tax cuts lead to more tax revenue, the economy is fundamentally strong, we're going to get Bin Laden, etc.

Dunno as I would say impossible to get stuff done......

I mean.......they rescued the Maersk sailors, and the economy appears to be getting better.

I mean.......they rescued the Maersk sailors, and the economy appears to be getting better.

It has been a good start but the civil unrest is begining. I predicted the wingnuts would take to the streets if he won. Seems they are getting started. I still can't see this term going by without an asassination attempt either.

It has been a good start but the civil unrest is begining. I predicted the wingnuts would take to the streets if he won. Seems they are getting started. I still can't see this term going by without an asassination attempt either.

Please don't even say it. The radical right doesn't need any suggestions.

WMD, mushroom clouds, yellow cake, disclosed CIA agent, tax cuts lead to more tax revenue, the economy is fundamentally strong, we're going to get Bin Laden, etc.
:lol: ROFLMAO
Bush got any benefit of the doubt?????????????

you have got to be fucking kidding

Which of those I listed was ever officially investigated?

Which of those I listed was ever officially investigated?
ALL OF it
LOL
you really are a fucking moron

Ya know....you may be right about that one. I remember Sore-ah Pain in the Ass getting her followers all worked up. Some were calling for him to be killed, some wanted to see him in jail.........the list went on and on.

I hope it doesn't happen though.

Ya know....you may be right about that one. I remember Sore-ah Pain in the Ass getting her followers all worked up. Some were calling for him to be killed, some wanted to see him in jail.........the list went on and on.

I hope it doesn't happen though.
NEVER HAPPENED

all a made up media LIE

Forum List

Back