the real religion

padisha emperor

Sep 6, 2004
Aix-en-Provence, France
Hi.

I have a question for you, and I'm glad to ask you becasue I think you'ld be able to answer, and that these answer would be very interessant.

how are you sure to believe in the REAL, the only one, the authentic religion ?

How are you sure that your God is the real one.

becaue before Christianity, during several thousands of years, the civilizations believed in something.

Why would the greek-roman pantheon, or the scandinavian pantheon, why would they not be the ONE ?
During 700 years Jupiter, Junon, Mars and their friends
were considered as the only and real gods.
Why would God, or Allah, Yaveh, be better than Thor, Freyr or Odin ?

because for the Vikings, Jesus was not the Son of God, he was nothing.

So, with the diversity of faith, how are you sure that the christian God is THE REAL ONE ??

And, the questio can be also asked in the Christianity : why would the catholic religion have the TRUTH, and not the protestant, or the anglicans ?

And an other question :

The Universe is really gigantic.
There is so many stars, so many galaxies....there is more stars in the universe than sand grains on earth. and aroud these stars, thus billions of billions of billions of stars, there are planets. So, so probability of an intelligent extraterrestrian life is real. There is a real possibility that somewhere an extraterrestrian civilization is living.
And the chance that this civilization would be different from human beeing is total.
So, would you still believe in God, if there is a such life ? because God created the human beeings like him. So, an other intelligence, an other civilisation, would proove, that there is none God, or not only one.
No ?

i'm waiting for your answer.

Friendly, Pad'

"Christianity" began about 2000 years ago, but belief in the one true God has always been. People were created by Him to be His children. Some stayed relatively faithful in their relationship with Him, others fell away and began their own belief systems. Noah was faithful, so mankind was not completely obliterated in the great flood. Abraham was faithful, so his descendants were chosen to carry the knowledge of the true God through history. Jesus was a descendant of Abraham, a Jew. He fulfilled the promises that God made to mankind, which He had planned before the beginning of the world. The Bible is the collection of uncorrupted scripture. Test it. It is absolutely correct in everything it says. This is one way we can be sure that this is the true religion.

As far as extraterrestrial life, the answer is simple. There is none. Just because the universe is vast doesn't mean that there necessarily must be other life. God made it so vast as a testimony to His power. "The heavens declare the glory of the Lord." (Ps19:1) This idea comes from evolutionist rationalization, that things develop by themselves. If given enough time, a nonliving particle can become a human, if given enough space, one will find other civilizations, developed separately. It makes no sense. Modern genetics completely shoots down the religion of evolution.

By the way, Pad. Emp., I am completely impressed with your ability to communicate in another language. I know only rudimentary French, and can only just pick out a few words or phrases in other languages. It's very cool that you can do this.

I've said it many times before and ill probably say it many times after. Ask God. He will let you know.

Thank you very much Mom4 :)

I understand your point of view,, and of course I respect it.

But I think that the Romans thought the same things : they believed in the only real religion, and all the other people, with other believes, were kind of heretics.
They probably had your arguments.
Because you said that God created the human beeings, and then, some weren't faithful. First, i find this explanation pretty, it is the nicest I've headr ;)
But this conception of the things is taken from the Bible. And a lot of religions were on earth before the Bible's redaction. So, it is a theory "a posteriori", it explains after the things of before, with the view, the conception of today.

But again I totally respect your faith, and thank you for your answer.
;)

Avatar, your idea is probably excellent, but the problem is that I'm not a believer. If somebody prooves to me the existenz of God, then, ok. (an undoubtly proof of His existenz).
I'm not sure that there is no God, nobody can be sure of it. But I don't believe in Him. I'm full of respect for the believers, of course, but I can't ask Him, if I have not the faith in Him.

That's the thing about the Bible. You can test it and see that it is always correct. Other religions aren't.

padisha emperor said:
Avatar, your idea is probably excellent, but the problem is that I'm not a believer. If somebody prooves to me the existenz of God, then, ok. (an undoubtly proof of His existenz).
I'm not sure that there is no God, nobody can be sure of it. But I don't believe in Him. I'm full of respect for the believers, of course, but I can't ask Him, if I have not the faith in Him.

No one can prove the existence of God beyond a doubt, except God Himself. And He won't do that. He created us to be His children, not his puppets. He wants us to choose to love Him. In order for there to be a choice, we must also have the option of NOT choosing Him. Nobody can prove the existence of God if you are not willing to see it. No one can force you to recognize Him. That isn't His plan. First and foremost, we all have the will to choose Him or not. That is the purpose for our life on earth. Faith is your choice.

Here is a story about the famous mathematician, Pascal. You may have heard about this. He set up a matrix called Pascal's Wager. On one side, God doesn't exist, or God does. On the other side, one can not believe, or one can believe.

*If God doesn't exist and you do believe, you miss out on some fun in this life.
*If God doesn't exist and you don't believe, nothing lost.
*If God does exist and you do believe, everything gained in the eternal afterlife.
*If God does exist and you don't believe, you receive eternal suffering.

Since the stakes are much higher if God exists, Pascal decided to check Him out with an open mind, and Pascal became a believer.

Like I said, it's your choice, and no one can take that away from you, but, like Pascal, you may want to consider the consequences.

padisha emperor said:
But I think that the Romans thought the same things : they believed in the only real religion, and all the other people, with other believes, were kind of heretics.
They probably had your arguments.

The Romans were actually very tolerant of many religions. Their gods were conveniences for them, an explanation for how the world came to be, and a way to get favors. Many outright "washed their hands" of truth, like Pontius Pilate. It was rather like Western culture today.

Because you said that God created the human beeings, and then, some weren't faithful. First, i find this explanation pretty, it is the nicest I've headr ;)
But this conception of the things is taken from the Bible. And a lot of religions were on earth before the Bible's redaction. So, it is a theory "a posteriori", it explains after the things of before, with the view, the conception of today.

It could be a theory a posteriori, like evolution. Or it could be the One True Faith, preserved through time. We weren't there to witness all of history, so we must rely on the writings of others and make judgements about their veracity. Like I said, test the Bible. Where is it wrong? Seek out Jesus. You will find Him.

The Romans were actually very tolerant of many religions. Their gods were conveniences for them, an explanation for how the world came to be, and a way to get favors. Many outright "washed their hands" of truth, like Pontius Pilate. It was rather like Western culture today.

i took the Romans, i could took also the Vikings, the Aztecs....

In fact, Mom4, I ask you about this point, because I have some question for myself, and you seems to be able to give me god answers.

So, to sum up what you mean (and correct me if it isn't that) : God created us, some people made the choice of the belief in Him, others didn't. And some people believed and believe in Him, but in otherways, with an other religion.
So, the Bible is the real religion, and all the religions, from the beginning, are "deviations" from the real one.
Is it that you mean, or not exactly ?

;)
PE

I know Pascal (all the french students learn his book "Pensées" - Thoughts - ), but he was a Jansenist. And I don't like the idea of the predestination, the predetermination.

padisha emperor said:

Actually i disagree. You can know that there is a God. I know there is one because I talked with Him. You can believe as you wish. I understand your reason's not to believe but i think your reasoning is odd. How do you know you can't know if there is a God, if you never bother trying to find out? I don't know through any sort of study. I know because of what I have experienced with the Lord. He answers prayers. I've seen people healed, been healed by the power of God.

I don't think the question is can you know, the question is do you want to know and how bad do you want to know?

padisha emperor said:
So, to sum up what you mean (and correct me if it isn't that) : God created us, some people made the choice of the belief in Him, others didn't. And some people believed and believe in Him, but in otherways, with an other religion.
So, the Bible is the real religion, and all the religions, from the beginning, are "deviations" from the real one.
Is it that you mean, or not exactly ?

I think you understand pretty much what I am saying. Only, other religions don't really believe in Him, or don't know Him for who He really is. The Bible isn't really a religion per se. It is a revelation of God, one way He shows Himself to us and communicates with us.

I think you understand pretty much what I am saying. Only, other religions don't really believe in Him, or don't know Him for who He really is. The Bible isn't really a religion per se. It is a revelation of God, one way He shows Himself to us and communicates with us.

Ok.
thanx.

Actually i disagree. You can know that there is a God. I know there is one because I talked with Him. You can believe as you wish. I understand your reason's not to believe but i think your reasoning is odd. How do you know you can't know if there is a God, if you never bother trying to find out? I don't know through any sort of study. I know because of what I have experienced with the Lord. He answers prayers. I've seen people healed, been healed by the power of God.

I don't think the question is can you know, the question is do you want to know and how bad do you want to know?

It is pretty sure that I am not ready to believe.
i had a scientific formation at school (and particularly from 16 to 18) and some of my learning are in contradiction with the Bible.
When people study the geology, with the datation system, or the evolution of the Human line, it is quite in conflict with the Bible and the Christian's teach.
I'm quite "cartesien" (dose the word "cartesian" exist in english ? from Descartes), have some rationalism.
So, it is not that I didn't want to believe, more that I'm not ready. And I don't feel the need to believe in Him. Maybe one day.
But the religious things interest me a lot, it's why I'm asking you about this.
And all the same, thank you all for your patience.

padisha emperor said:
i had a scientific formation at school (and particularly from 16 to 18) and some of my learning are in contradiction with the Bible.
When people study the geology, with the datation system, or the evolution of the Human line, it is quite in conflict with the Bible and the Christian's teach.
I'm quite "cartesien" (dose the word "cartesian" exist in english ? from Descartes), have some rationalism.

I am not very familiar with Descartes, although I have heard of him. I also was taught the theory of evolution in school, as are all Americans. This outdated theory has a stranglehold on science and Western thought. The fact is, things could never have happened according to this theory. Modern science, especially genetics disproves this. Check out this website if you are interested in a different interpretation of the history of the universe.

www.answersingenesis.org

I've said it many times before and ill probably say it many times after. Ask God. He will let you know.
What if, and I'm just talking here, you ask God and he tells you that the Muslims/Jews/Mormons/etc. have it right? Did I simply interpret him incorrectly? If not, one of us was lied to.

Forum List

Back