The Real Reason Walmart Raised Its Minimum Wage

Obviously, there hasn’t been any time for any of that to happen yet. So if the money is going out this soon, and this obviously, the mechanism is very different from what I’d have expected. And instead of heralding this as great news, the Trump administration should be quite alarmed.

For if companies really have nothing better to do with the money than give an unnecessary bonus to current workers, that means that companies don’t see great opportunities to use it to expand their current operations, or invest in exciting new inventions and markets. Instead they’re just going to split it with workers and shareholders.

-----------------------------------------
tight market for semi skilled and skilled employees.

It's werid how the left is now complaining poor people are getting more money, why?

Well its not due to the Trump Admin and the tax cut. That was the point of this article.

The article was spin and the author was upset ..like you are and doesn't want to give credit where credit is do.

No the article was not spin but truth, the wage hike was not due to the tax cut, as it has not taken effect , and also they laid off 11000 Sams employees. What do you suggest they do?

The tax cut was to promote more jobs , not be a conduit of Gov- corp- handout to employees.

You are taking it out of context, Sam's couldn't compete against Amazon..next you going to tell us if we just gave more money to block buster ..

Obviously, there hasn’t been any time for any of that to happen yet. So if the money is going out this soon, and this obviously, the mechanism is very different from what I’d have expected. And instead of heralding this as great news, the Trump administration should be quite alarmed.

For if companies really have nothing better to do with the money than give an unnecessary bonus to current workers, that means that companies don’t see great opportunities to use it to expand their current operations, or invest in exciting new inventions and markets. Instead they’re just going to split it with workers and shareholders.

I already saw this on my msn home page. A democrat propaganda piece.
Next...
Pretty much

For if companies really have nothing better to do with the money than give an unnecessary bonus to current workers, that means that companies don’t see great opportunities to use it to expand their current operations, or invest in exciting new inventions and markets. Instead they’re just going to split it with workers and shareholders
You're really a piece of work. How awful that workers get to earn more!

Please keep this up. Especially as we approach November.

Its the time workers live by...if you pretend to pay me I pretend to work. Good workers are always ready to leave for better...at a whims notice.

You guys want to look for an interesting thread start? Check out the rate oh homeless and WORKING homeless living in Seattle parked under bridges in motorhomes and cars! Check Portland as well same issues. Seattle has a 15 dollar an hour minimum wage and it's NOT enough to rent a one bedroom! It's NOT the wage that's killing them, it's the TAXES and FEES.

The OP is full of shit as to what the problem is. "Why Walmart raised it's wage?" Prices for labor go UP when the job pool shrinks. Job CREATORS have to at SOME point compete for workers. Democrats have used illegals for years to SUPRESS the wages of blue collar. It's how you attack the aamerican family. Just part of breaking them down just like drugs, homos, trannys and every other morally and civilly unneeded group of trash.

WTF?
First you complain when corporations do not share the wealth with their employees then when they do you shout about how bad that is. Yet you wonder why no one tales liberals seriously.

Forum List

Back