The real reason US Republicans really, really hate this Pope.

Jesus would of helped the poor, sick and would of railed against greed.
Which is why the GOP Jesus wears a Brooks Bros. Suit and slicks his hair down until it's shiny.

There is only one Jesus Christ. Why don't you come learn from Him?

He healed the sick, helped the poor and railed against the greedy. That is my jesus!

And that is the Jesus of the bible. Most people lawyer the bible to such a degree that they cannot be called Christians. As you note it is simple, Jesus helped the poor, defended the weak, and shunned the powerful and wealthy.

The exact opposite of what conservatives do in America. They spit on the poor and worship the wealthy. They are anti-Christ.

Where did Jesus shun the wealthy? He invited all men to come unto Him.

And who is weaker and more powerless than those you advocate killing before they are born?

20,000 children die a day, every day, that you CHOOSE to let die. Stop killing those children, sell your house and your possessions and save them. Give up your internet isp and spend that money and save 20 lives. You won't because you use abortion as a political tool, and that's all, you couldn't care less about LIVES.

And you haven't read what Jesus said. It doesn't matter what YOU say. You can't be a CHRISTian and reject what CHRIST said. Fake Christians in America think you can and they see others doing it so it SEEMS ok. But you know you are only lying to yourself. Because you like your tv, and your internet, and your SUV. The people dying around the world that you COULD save...you have no interest. And what you do 'to the least of these my brothers, you do also to me'.

He said, if you don't follow what HE said you are not one of his followers.

Tada.

Jesus told his followers that if they wanted to be His disciples, they should sell all of their possessions and give the proceeds to the poor. (Of course if you sell all your possessions then YOU will be poor, but that's a different point).

An admonition to give to the poor, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, visit the imprisoned, and take care of widows and orphans is not easily converted to public policy. In fact, one could credibly argue that it is not a description of desirable public (government) policy, but rather a PERSONAL call to action.

One might also note that the Constitution of the United States prohibits the Federal government from providing individual money and benefits to anyone, since those initiatives would be outside Congress' powers under Article I.

Our form of Government posits that the role of the central government is to create a society that is safe from both internal and external strife, so that we might use our individual liberty, rights, and freedom to prosper and then express our own individual generosity (or not) with the fruits of our efforts. It decidedly DOES NOT authorize the Federal Government to extract money by force from certain segments of the population, so that that money can be doled out to other segments of the population, regardless of how "rich" be the former segments or how needy be the latter.

State and local governments can do some of this "charitable" work, provided that the people have authorized it (through their elected representatives), and it's not prohibited by THEIR constitutions.

As for Global Warming (or whatever one wants to call it), the Pope has been sold the Progressive/Liberal bill of goods, and is manifestly an ignoramous on the issue. First and foremost, the reduction of "carbon pollution" in the developing world is a crude and cruel joke that would, if taken seriously, most harm the peoples who are most in need of little things like food, water, shelter, medicine, and so on. Carbon fuels are the cheapest and by far the most efficient means of providing electricity and transportation, which in turn, make possible, great agricultural productivity, sanitation, clean water, artificial light, air conditioning, commerce, health care, and all of the other benefits that the First World enjoys. If the Pope had his head screwed on correctly, he would be trying to convince the kleptocrats in the developing world to give their people economic freedom, and build more coal-fired electric plants.

Jesus told his followers that if they wanted to be His disciples, they should sell all of their possessions and give the proceeds to the poor. (Of course if you sell all your possessions then YOU will be poor, but that's a different point).

An admonition to give to the poor, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, visit the imprisoned, and take care of widows and orphans is not easily converted to public policy. In fact, one could credibly argue that it is not a description of desirable public (government) policy, but rather a PERSONAL call to action.

One might also note that the Constitution of the United States prohibits the Federal government from providing individual money and benefits to anyone, since those initiatives would be outside Congress' powers under Article I.

Our form of Government posits that the role of the central government is to create a society that is safe from both internal and external strife, so that we might use our individual liberty, rights, and freedom to prosper and then express our own individual generosity (or not) with the fruits of our efforts. It decidedly DOES NOT authorize the Federal Government to extract money by force from certain segments of the population, so that that money can be doled out to other segments of the population, regardless of how "rich" be the former segments or how needy be the latter.

State and local governments can do some of this "charitable" work, provided that the people have authorized it (through their elected representatives), and it's not prohibited by THEIR constitutions.

As for Global Warming (or whatever one wants to call it), the Pope has been sold the Progressive/Liberal bill of goods, and is manifestly an ignoramous on the issue. First and foremost, the reduction of "carbon pollution" in the developing world is a crude and cruel joke that would, if taken seriously, most harm the peoples who are most in need of little things like food, water, shelter, medicine, and so on. Carbon fuels are the cheapest and by far the most efficient means of providing electricity and transportation, which in turn, make possible, great agricultural productivity, sanitation, clean water, artificial light, air conditioning, commerce, health care, and all of the other benefits that the First World enjoys. If the Pope had his head screwed on correctly, he would be trying to convince the kleptocrats in the developing world to give their people economic freedom, and build more coal-fired electric plants.

The stable level of CO2 % in the atmosphere the last 20 million years or so has been 280 parts per million, or .028% of the atmospohere. Today it is 403 ppm, or .0403. CO2 gas allows sunlight energy to pass to the Earth, but when that energy is radiated back out at night in the form of infrared the CO2 absorbs it. Thus the reason its called The Greenhouse Effect. Energy comes in, but is not allowed to escape.

An 8th grader can figure out that as the level of CO2 has risen so has the amount of energy that is captured and stays in the atmosphere, warming the entire planet. CO2 levels started rising around 1750, so its taken 250 years to get to this point, the Earth is big. But we are here now and the tipping point for Runaway Global Warming has been passed. This is the point where the average temperature of the Earth rises enough to start melting the Methane Clathrates, which release CO4 into the atmosphere in gigantic amounts, and which is then broken down into CO2 and O2.

The science on this was settled by the world's scientists 15 years ago. You people who are terrified of your own shadow are in perpetual cognitive dissonance and just want the problem to go away. It will only get worse.

In the next 3-4 years the entire human race is going to find out in the most horrific way that Global Warming is real and accelerating. The 6th major mass extinction has already begun.

There is no debate, there is no 'well maybe this', there is no blah blah blah'. The only people denying this reality are those who make billions in the energy industry and the absolute rubes who've been convinced to carry their water.

Global Warming is real and accelerating.

Three Supreme Court Justices didn't even want to know what this Pope had to say.

The Pope talked about helping the poor, why greed is evil, feeding the poor, helping sick people and so on. And he talked about climate change.

It was as if he took a list of everything the GOP is proud of and stands for and then stood up for the opposite. He even talked about immigrants.

And why should the justices have been there if they are not catholic? 6 of the nine are catholic and three of them attended the mass.

Scalia, Thomas, and Alito skip the speech and Ginsberg fell asleep

Alito and Breyer were out of town on prescheduled engagements

Scalia I think might be opus dei. Kagan is pro-choice

I thought 7 of the 9 Supreme Court Justices were Roman Catholic, Aris. Are you sure about there being 6? I thought it was 7 Roman Catholics and 2 Jews that are pro-Catholic. Am I wrong?

Three Supreme Court Justices didn't even want to know what this Pope had to say.

The Pope talked about helping the poor, why greed is evil, feeding the poor, helping sick people and so on. And he talked about climate change.

It was as if he took a list of everything the GOP is proud of and stands for and then stood up for the opposite. He even talked about immigrants.

And why should the justices have been there if they are not catholic? 6 of the nine are catholic and three of them attended the mass.

Scalia, Thomas, and Alito skip the speech and Ginsberg fell asleep

Alito and Breyer were out of town on prescheduled engagements

Scalia I think might be opus dei. Kagan is pro-choice

I thought 7 of the 9 Supreme Court Justices were Roman Catholic, Aris. Are you sure about there being 6? I thought it was 7 Roman Catholics and 2 Jews that are pro-Catholic. Am I wrong?
yes, you are wrong, there are 6 Roman Catholics, all on the rightwing, except Sotomayer....and 3 that are Jewish.

There are six Roman Catholics currently serving on the court (Samuel Alito, Anthony Kennedy, John Roberts, Antonin Scalia, Sonia Sotomayor, and Clarence Thomas) and three Jews (Stephen Breyer, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Elena Kagen).

thank you, Care4all. Pray for the Roman Catholic people that the LORD may open their eyes to see there is nothing good that has come out of Catholicism. Catholicism is leading men's souls to hell. To have godless judges in the land that do not know their left hand from their right and place them in the highest courts of the land - how awful. America is in very serious trouble.

Dear "Isaac Newton" person:
What you say about CO2 is true in some respects, however, CO2 is only a small fraction of the total greenhouse gas (water vapor being by far the greatest). More importantly, when you look at CO2 levels and temperature over the past hundred thousand years, there is NO CORRELLATION between CO2 levels and temperature. As indicated above, the various models that have been produced to predict the warming catastrophe have all proven worthless.

But the more important point is this: NOTHING we do in the U.S. will have a significant effect on global CO2 levels over the coming 50 years. Look at India's announcement last week about "reducing" their CO2 emissions. They are building coal-fired power plants with reckless abandon, but AS A PERCENTAGE OF TOTAL POWER production ,the CO2 levels will relatively drop. Bottom line, they will be generating more CO2 every year than they did the previous year, for at least the next 30 years (India's population is more than three times that of the U.S.). Same for China. Same for the developing countries in Africa, Central, and South America. Regardless of what we do in the U.S., global carbon emissions are going to increase dramatically for the next 50 years. And that's not even counting another "Mt. Pinatubo" eruption, which emitted more CO2 in a month than the U.S. does in a human lifetime.

The U.S. would be wise to stress efficiency in the use of fossil fuels (ban SUV's as far as I'm concerned), develop more & better non-carbon-based generation (Nuclear is my fave), and change coal-fired power plants to natural gas, but beyond that we should cut the crap. We are not going to hamstring our economy to save a couple tons of Carbon emissions, when that savings will not amount to a pimple on the butt of the global picture.

And need I point out that those crying loudest about "Climate Change" are all "Reds" who are really looking for more government control of industrial activity, and Climate is just the tool they are using today to accomplish that nefarious end?

The science is settled, you can find PH.d's that defend the Flat Earth theory with well thought out experiments and intelligent thoughtful analysis.

It doesn't matter in the least, they are wrong and there is no debate.

The same is the case with Global Warming. Oh there will be people, some PH,d's, trotted out by the energy industry to murky the waters and say 'well this or well that'.

It doesn't matter. The science is settled and Global Warming is real and accelerating.

There is no debate.

greed is evil not capitalism

feeding the poor and helping the sick is good. Our welfare system is corrupt, it can be done much more efficiently without many hands in it before the money gets to the needy. I doubt the pope would object to that.

the pope makes general principle statements, he does not dictate specifics. the whole illegal immigrant problem can be handled far more fairly and safely for this nation. Unfortunately, hitherto all congresses and presidents are too afraid of their own skins to boldly propose real solutions.

The pope is neither democrat nor republican. I would not give the democrats credit for anything. They are more interested in votes and campaign rhetoric than truly helping anyone.

Would it be non-PC to mention that the Pope also re-affirmed marriage as being between a man and a woman and seriously does not like abortion? I mean, just in case the left REALLY cares about what he says.

The science is settled, you can find PH.d's that defend the Flat Earth theory with well thought out experiments and intelligent thoughtful analysis.

It doesn't matter in the least, they are wrong and there is no debate.

The same is the case with Global Warming. Oh there will be people, some PH,d's, trotted out by the energy industry to murky the waters and say 'well this or well that'.

It doesn't matter. The science is settled and Global Warming is real and accelerating.

There is no debate.
There is, however, a lot of "we gotta cuts us some c oh too outn of da air, I tells ya", with no acknowledgement that nothing America does will make any difference.

The science is settled, there is no debate.

Global Warming is real and accelerating.

op quote: "The Pope talked about helping the poor"

How many times do I have to say this:
Sometimes what seems good is not what's best. ...
In trying to help the poor the people thinking they are helping have caused them dependancy and opposite our created purpose to be all we could and should be, thus keeping us from being whole (Shalem). They are anti existance while thinking they are pro existance.
By being socially just they are taking away the drive and Essence that developes and fuels motivation and self worth and that takes away from the abundance that allows jobs, greater incoming taxes=spuring grwater ability to assist, growth, investment returns, food, commodities, supplies & convenience. You end up poorer for your social awareness creating more volumes and depths of poor and starvation.

Hence doing good is not always what's best.

---
So, just ignore the cycle of poverty patterns?
That's easy ... if you really don't care.
View attachment 50923

That's not what I said...but this proves my point.
Let me make it easier.
The old addage give a man a fish he eats a single meal, *but is dependant* and hungry again the next day and thereafter.
Teach a man to fish and he's self sufficient and feed for a lifetime.
Give a homeless man a dollar and he'll buy booze, give him your left over food he'll have 1 meal, give him a blanket & he'll have just a little comfort throughout the winter. Start or donate to a program that job trains or gives answering phone services so they can get work or a capitalist society that creates jobs thus feeds protects that person for life.
Creates more tax revenue so they can afford programs that teach them to fish instead of feeding them to dependancy. Hell they tell you not to feed animals in the wild for a reason, so you can't play dumb and ignore the same premise not to make people dependant.
Programs like volunteer job training fixing homes of poor elderly help both the poor homeowners while youth get their first work training and resume starting job=prevent homeless or hopeless or poverty.
Once again just because something "seems" right doesn't mean it's what is best and some people just can't see past their Blinders to notice their acts cause the opposite their good intentions.
Where are these Republican programs? They sound wonderful. Maybe they could also convince their business buddies to start hiring the unemployed. Give them a chance. Start with vets.

I was involved in those programs in the late 80's in Philly, but don't know if they still have them.
Regarding vets compare these:
My father donates to one of those Feed our Vets programs, those type where about 10% goes to actual use after administration costs.
But I instead do things like get asked to support a bill to keep vet medical benefits, so I gather State reps Senator, Gov, info and emails build a web site and without costs to anyone, reach out to others to get involved in also writing their congress and local reps to pass the bill to keep vet medical benefits they were gonna take away from the vets.
Instead of one letter or email or voice there's now multiple, eventually reaching the minds and ears of the law makers and the bill is recognized.
Someone educated me that the bill existed and I turned around informing others who also didn't know what the gov't was gonna do.
What act did more, feed scraps to people who can afford scraps or allow much needed health benefits to those who can't afford it & would go without it and would have nowhere to turn?
Surely giving to feed the vets looks good, but is not what's best. The church can make itself look concerned but they create the mess they pretend to help people
out of ....once a racketeer always a racketeer.

Quote:
It is difficult to break out of the poverty cycle when your parents are poor, uneducated, and you live in a run-down crime infested neighborhood.

Seen enough people thrive out of that environment to know that's not an excuse, in fact it can be a motivating factor to over come and not be like the parents or relatives or peers. Both poor children and children of upper classes start off with the same amount of nothing in their bank accounts & same non debts, since the parents are the ones supporting them holding all wealth or debt.
It's just as hard if not harder to start with nothing in a midfle to upper class family when your parents wealth is not yours, and yet expect to live at or near your parents standards especially when your neighborhoods and shops are at that higher income level and higher property taxes, living expenses etc.
There is more affordable housing in poor neighborhoods and cheaper grocery and cheaper property taxes yet equal wages.
Less expectation and pressure on wages, try staying in your parents neighborhood when you first move out, it's harder the more upper class you are born out of.

Would it be non-PC to mention that the Pope also re-affirmed marriage as being between a man and a woman and seriously does not like abortion? I mean, just in case the left REALLY cares about what he says.
Of course not. Even Mary Cheney said she wasn't a one issue person.

We don't hate this pope moron, that is something you lefties made up. There are of course people out there who hate catholics and think the pope is the Anti-Christ, but that has always been true.

You lose idiot.

CrusaderFrank

Forum List

Back