The real reason the right-wing pushing so hard to make the oil spill Obama's Fault...

Here's what I REALLY have trouble wrapping my head around:

How do the right-wingers think the oil spill is going to help THEM?

Do you really think that because government apparently isn't doing enough to take care of a corporate disaster...

...the voters are going to turn to people who want LESS government, and LESS corporate oversight???

Do you really, truly think that because the voters are angry at BP and the government response to BP, are going to turn around and vote for the people who made "Drill baby Drill" their PLATFORM???

And don't try using that "Oh, but the Tea Partiers are different" crap. The TEA PARTIERS ARE THE ONES WHO SUPPORT THAT PLATFORM THE MOST VEHEMENTLY.

Seriously, do you just think the American people are a bunch of morons, or what?

If anything, this incident should push Americans to vote for the Green party.

Last edited:
It's always the same with extreme partisan-types I guess.

They think whatever hurts the other party is good for them, even if the thing that hurts the opposition makes them look even worse.

In this case it's just particularly hypocritical.

Tell me, how would your main ideals: Small Government and Free Markets; have helped in this situation?

It's always the same with extreme partisan-types I guess.

They think whatever hurts the other party is good for them, even if the thing that hurts the opposition makes them look even worse.

In this case it's just particularly hypocritical.

Tell me, how would your main ideals: Small Government and Free Markets; have helped in this situation?

It would have been much cheaper to have small (or no) DOI.

The 2009 MMS funding alone was $2,500,000,000.00

To ensure OCS [Outer Continental Shelf] development is carried out in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, MMS inspects all offshore facilities, reviews plans of exploration and development...

GREAT JOB!! Good thing they had $2.5 Billion, otherwise, we may have the worst environmental catastrophe in US history with which to contend!!!!....

:oops:

To ensure OCS [Outer Continental Shelf] development is carried out in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, MMS inspects all offshore facilities, reviews plans of exploration and development...

GREAT JOB!! Good thing they had $2.5 Billion, otherwise, we may have the worst environmental catastrophe in US history with which to contend!!!!....

You got to read the article, not just look at the pretty pictures.

First of all, as per your article, the 2010 MMS budget is $374 Million Dollars, not 2.5 Billion dollars.

Second of all, the MMS MAKES money, it doesn't LOSE money. According to your article it made 23.4 Billion dollars in 2008 alone from leasing out the land to oil companies.

Thirdly, if there were no oversight at all, we probably would have had SEVERAL of these spills by now. Corporations exist to make money, not to protect the environment.

Who is making the spill Obama's fault? No one that Ive seen, but his leadership in this is seriously lacking.

Since when is unemployment at 9.5% a good thing?

Am I the only one noticing oil prices drop? Thats not a good indicator for the economy. There is potential war in the middle east, this oil spill, and the increase demand for summer traveling should be pushing the price up. And while i enjoy the price going down for the effect on my own wallet, I am not confident that it's a good indication of an economic recovery. Quite the opposite.

You got to read the article, not just look at the pretty pictures.

First of all, as per your article, the 2010 MMS budget is $374 Million Dollars, not 2.5 Billion dollars.

Second of all, the MMS MAKES money, it doesn't LOSE money. According to your article it made 23.4 Billion dollars in 2008 alone from leasing out the land to oil companies.

Thirdly, if there were no oversight at all, we probably would have had SEVERAL of these spills by now. Corporations exist to make money, not to protect the environment.

The "article" is actually the DOI's own publication, and it clearly shows that 2009 funding for MMS is $2.5 Billion. You'll learn to read a graph when you pass 6th grade.

Whether or not it collects money itself, or from income tax, or whatever is immaterial. You asked what the advantage of smaller government would be, and the answer is, it wouldn't need funding.

However, I'm pleased to see your quote that the MMS "Made $23.4 B in 2008 alone from leasing out land to oil companies." Wonder how much of that they used to research Oil Spills???

Oil Spill Research Program — This program supports oil pollution research and other duties related to oil spill prevention, as authorized by the Oil Spill Pollution Act of 1990. The National Oil Spill Response Test Facility is the only one of its type in the world providing full-scale equipment and methodology testing in a safe, controlled environment. The budget proposes total funding of $6.3 million in 2010, which is equal to 2009.

Wow....$6.3 million!!!:eusa_whistle:

And if there was no MMS, this may only be NOTHING, which is what its proven to be worth.

Last edited:
Won't be hard. It's his fault as much as you claimed Katrina was Bush's fault. So either you were lying back then and you have nothing to worry about (except public perception) or you should be shitting yourself by now.

BTW, when the feds lay off all those census workers you can watch those numbers spike again. The IRS won't be able to hire them all back. They're not all qualified.

Silly ass, nobody blamed Bush for Katrina. We blamed him for appointing a failed horse show manager to head FEMA. We blamed him for not being aware that resources were in place to help fellow Americans in New Orleans, who were exactly where they should have been, according to prior protocals worked out between the state and the Federal government. It was just another episode in the eight years of incredible incompetance that epitomized the Bush Administration.
Shit.

And I thought your global warming 'science' posts were moronic.

Won't be hard. It's his fault as much as you claimed Katrina was Bush's fault. So either you were lying back then and you have nothing to worry about (except public perception) or you should be shitting yourself by now.

BTW, when the feds lay off all those census workers you can watch those numbers spike again. The IRS won't be able to hire them all back. They're not all qualified.

Silly ass, nobody blamed Bush for Katrina. We blamed him for appointing a failed horse show manager to head FEMA. We blamed him for not being aware that resources were in place to help fellow Americans in New Orleans, who were exactly where they should have been, according to prior protocals worked out between the state and the Federal government. It was just another episode in the eight years of incredible incompetance that epitomized the Bush Administration.
Shit.

And I thought your global warming 'science' posts were moronic.

Yep, roxie is a prize, especially when the governor could have called out the National Guard before the storm even hit.....no finger pointing in that direction from him. But, what would one expect from a communist?

I'd like to believe you're correct, but I haven't seen much evidence of the Republicans forming around the Tea Party, or, frankly anything else, vis-a-vis border control, smaller government, reduced taxes, etc.

Do you have evidence to the contrary: That the Republican Party, or its leadership is moving toward a Tea Party Platform?

I'll need to do some research on what your asking. Will have to get back on that as this is the first day of no rain in awhile and yardwork is going to be in the cards for me.

Don't bother. If the Republican party wasn't asleep at the wheel, we'd know.

No bother, Samson. I think we need to look at the platforms that the individual candidates are running their campaigns on. In Idaho they are talking about a more conservative brand of government. The party itself...I'm not so sure on right now, but with new blood it all could change.

you must have been in one of your comas Rock at that time.....

"that resources were in place to help fellow Americans in New Orleans, who were exactly where they should have been, according to prior protocals worked out between the state and the Federal government."......except the local and State Govts who were with you in that Coma......

I'll need to do some research on what your asking. Will have to get back on that as this is the first day of no rain in awhile and yardwork is going to be in the cards for me.

No bother, Samson. I think we need to look at the platforms that the individual candidates are running their campaigns on. In Idaho they are talking about a more conservative brand of government. The party itself...I'm not so sure on right now, but with new blood it all could change.

The most immediate example would be Scott Brown, about which the Boston Globe wrote on January 20th:

Scott Brown’s ability to tap into a dormant populist ethos and pull off a once-unthinkable victory has emboldened the state Republican Party, which seemed to be struggling on political life support just a few short weeks ago.

This was 5 months ago. Where has the momentum gone?

Did that really say Unemployment at 9.5% as if it were a good thing? I mean, I agree, that it's better than 10.4....but.....that's about it.

Did that really say Unemployment at 9.5% as if it were a good thing? I mean, I agree, that it's better than 10.4....but.....that's about it.

Yes the change in momentum from the day Shrub walked out has been quite astonishing, be it job losses (now gains), gdp, spending, DJIA, or any other economic indicator you wish to use.

Agreed we have a ways to go but damned if we ain't on the right track!

Yes the change in momentum from the day Shrub walked out has been quite astonishing, be it job losses (now gains), gdp, spending, DJIA, or any other economic indicator you wish to use.

LOL...oh ok...apparently you still have your job...so what's with this "we" stuff?

When Bush left office we were WAY WAY WAY below the current unemployment numbers. As I recall, Mr. Obama PROMISED that the stimulus bill would keep us below 8%...so are we still to blame Bush for holding a gun to Obama's head and FORCING him to lie like that?

It IS quite astonishing how the stimulus money went to pay off the unions...yes quite astonishing that the jobs aren't there, but the unions have been paid for.
Job gains? Please........that is a mainpulated number. When a census worker is hired, job gained, when laid off...no unemployment, but is rehired, 2nd job gained, laid off again, then rehired 3rd job gained.....for that one job. Yes, the jobs are now gains. :lol:

Ah yes, this is the good times....wake up dude.

The most immediate example would be Scott Brown, about which the Boston Globe wrote on January 20th:

Scott Brown’s ability to tap into a dormant populist ethos and pull off a once-unthinkable victory has emboldened the state Republican Party, which seemed to be struggling on political life support just a few short weeks ago.

Samson, I hear what your saying, but he went in saying he is for his constituents, and was his own man. Ma. is a very liberal state, and I don't think that Brown should be considered a litmus for the other candidates. Just saying.....

Samson, I hear what your saying, but he went in saying he is for his constituents, and was his own man. Ma. is a very liberal state, and I don't think that Brown should be considered a litmus for the other candidates. Just saying.....

I suppose we'll know in 6 months whether or not Republicans have grown balls.

LOL...oh ok...apparently you still have your job...so what's with this "we" stuff?

When Bush left office we were WAY WAY WAY below the current unemployment numbers. As I recall, Mr. Obama PROMISED that the stimulus bill would keep us below 8%...so are we still to blame Bush for holding a gun to Obama's head and FORCING him to lie like that?

I can't believe I have to explain this to another Republican, again. But I will, and I will post this graph again, and do my best to explain it to you. I am here to help.
nov-2009-job-losses-graph.png

In January 2009, we were hemorrhaging about 750,000 jobs per month. 3 months later, it was down to about 500k. Three more months, down to about 300k, then by January 10, 0. Now job growth is positive.

So yes, throughout 2009, the aggregate unemployment figure continued to rise, even though the rate of decline had improved immediately and significantly.

True, the Administration miscalculated the magnitude of the problem we were facing, but the improvement in the jobs situation was immediate and immense as the graph indicates. You imply that you lost your job. I'm sorry if that's the case; However do not misdirect your anger toward the current Administration. This meltdown was Bush's baby.

The spill isn't Obama's fault.

His ineptness and lack of leadership on the issue IS his fault.

How long did it take to put boots on the ground in Haiti?

How long did it take his incompetent ass to put ANY boots on ther ground in the gulf coast area?

Christ, it took that incomptent fool over a month to put his god damned boots on the ground. And what did he do when he got there?.....Poked a stick into the ground a couple o' times, and left.

Yeah, that's a leader alright!

Forum List

Back