The real reason Cheney swore....

Gop guy

Apr 17, 2004
West Reading PA
I have no doubt that Cheney was pissed and that this guy deserved it, but I believe that there is a bigger reason behind it.

I think Cheney is voluntarily going to leave the ticket.

Lets face it, his negatives are high and he does have a significant ammount of baggage.

That's why he abandoned his noramlly calm and reserved self.

Lets face it, the Republican National Convention will be SUCH A BROING CORINATION if it's just Bush and Cheney getting the nominations, think about it.

A new Vice Presidential pick would really make it a show, and that's going to be needed especially since I just heard that empty headed liberal Bruce Springstein is going to be holding a concert in NY to try and detract from the Convention buss.

J.C. WATTS, have you guys ever heard of him?

He's a young black conservative congressman.

THIS IS WHAT BUSH NEEDS.

Most blacks are still politically immature enough that they'll vote for any black, reguardless of party, don't mean to be offensive, but it's the truth.

Am I high, or does this make serious sense?

Lemme know what yall think.

Originally posted by Gop guy
I have no doubt that Cheney was pissed and that this guy deserved it, but I believe that there is a bigger reason behind it.

I think Cheney is voluntarily going to leave the ticket.

Lets face it, his negatives are high and he does have a significant ammount of baggage.

That's why he abandoned his noramlly calm and reserved self.

Lets face it, the Republican National Convention will be SUCH A BROING CORINATION if it's just Bush and Cheney getting the nominations, think about it.

A new Vice Presidential pick would really make it a show, and that's going to be needed especially since I just heard that empty headed liberal Bruce Springstein is going to be holding a concert in NY to try and detract from the Convention buss.

J.C. WATTS, have you guys ever heard of him?

He's a young black conservative congressman.

THIS IS WHAT BUSH NEEDS.

Most blacks are still politically immature enough that they'll vote for any black, reguardless of party, don't mean to be offensive, but it's the truth.

Am I high, or does this make serious sense?

Lemme know what yall think.

That would be a great move. And it wouldn't give the DNC enough time to dig up trash on JC (we all have SOME trash in our past).

This is in response to the thought of replacing Dick Cheaney with J.C. Watts. As a balck Hispanic I find it both offensive and inaccurate that blacks will automatically vote for any other black person. If that was the case, then in this year's South Carolina Democratic primary where blacks made up the majority of voters who turned out, Al Sharpton would have won in a landslide. We are not incompetent or that dumb that we can be fooled into voting for someone because they look like one of us. In the 2000 election, Pat Buchanan slected Ezola Foster ( a black women) as his vice presidential candidate, why then did 90% of blacks vote for Al Gore anyway and 9% vote for Bush. Also, two of the most powerful offices in the executive branch belong to Colin Powell and Condi Rice, so with your reasoning Bush should now have 90% of the black vote already and I should be in his back pocket becaue he has people that look like me in his administration. I think you need to be more careful when making blanket statements like that.

Welcome sw2! I must say, this hit me the wrong way also. I think the GOP offers decent alternatives to some black voters, but the reasoning was insulting. Knowing gopguy, I don't think he meant it that way, just his politico thinking aloud.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Why? Pray tell.

No. THe exercise is for YOU to answer. THink about it. WHo's tough on terror? Bush/ Kerry? who refuses to see the connections between various governments and terrorists? Bush/Kerry?

Whether it was meant or not what is disappointing in comments like that is that it is those kind of statements that keep minorities in the Democratic Party, it is those kind of statements that reenforce the Republican stereotype of not understanding minorities. Lastly, it is those kind of statements that make it hard for a minority Republican like myself to feel comfortable in the party. I am a Republican because I feel republicans have the the best approach on most issues, however, it is comments like that (once again whether it was meant or not) that makes it hard for minorities to switch from Democrats with whom they are comfortable with and move to the Republicans

Originally posted by sw2
Whether it was meant or not what is disappointing in comments like that is that it is those kind of statements that keep minorities in the Democratic Party, it is those kind of statements that reenforce the Republican stereotype of not understanding minorities. Lastly, it is those kind of statements that make it hard for a minority Republican like myself to feel comfortable in the party. I am a Republican because I feel republicans have the the best approach on most issues, however, it is comments like that (once again whether it was meant or not) that makes it hard for minorities to switch from Democrats with whom they are comfortable with and move to the Republicans

As I said, I can appreciate your feelings. There is no doubt that many in the GOP believe that it offers an alternative based on self-interests, (which most political decisions are based on), for minorities. Have you seen Juan Williams recent book?

Be that as it may, I've yet to hear the GOP make a public case without sticking their foot in it. Good message, bad messenger perhaps.

Anyways, again, Welcome!

Originally posted by sw2
This is in response to the thought of replacing Dick Cheaney with J.C. Watts. As a balck Hispanic I find it both offensive and inaccurate that blacks will automatically vote for any other black person. If that was the case, then in this year's South Carolina Democratic primary where blacks made up the majority of voters who turned out, Al Sharpton would have won in a landslide. We are not incompetent or that dumb that we can be fooled into voting for someone because they look like one of us. In the 2000 election, Pat Buchanan slected Ezola Foster ( a black women) as his vice presidential candidate, why then did 90% of blacks vote for Al Gore anyway and 9% vote for Bush. Also, two of the most powerful offices in the executive branch belong to Colin Powell and Condi Rice, so with your reasoning Bush should now have 90% of the black vote already and I should be in his back pocket becaue he has people that look like me in his administration. I think you need to be more careful when making blanket statements like that.

I dont think anyone said that blacks would automatically vote for a black candidate. But it would certainly get some thinking, that not all blacks have to vote Democrat. It may get some eyes opened. not sure it would help with much votes though.

Gopguy, what does Cheney acting like his true self by telling a guy to f*** off and him voluntarily leaving the adminstration have to do with each other?

This guy is living in his own little dreamworld, he probably thinks he is actually a plus to the ticket!

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
Gopguy, what does Cheney acting like his true self by telling a guy to f*** off and him voluntarily leaving the adminstration have to do with each other?

This guy is living in his own little dreamworld, he probably thinks he is actually a plus to the ticket!

I think the discourse of all the candidates have been course. Personally, think that his using that language in the Senate, was not a good idea. Though Patrick Leahy certainly has that type of language coming to him, much more than a secret service guy trying to protect the French looking hot dogger that cussed him out.

Bottom line:

The issue of "good behavior" means that any public official doing such a thing is to be impeached.

You know what I would say about these guys based on that alone.

When are we going to hold representatives accountable according to the highest law of the land they swear to uphold and protect?

Originally posted by NewGuy
Bottom line:

The issue of "good behavior" means that any public official doing such a thing is to be impeached.

You know what I would say about these guys based on that alone.

When are we going to hold representatives accountable according to the highest law of the land they swear to uphold and protect?

Profanity rises to the level of 'high crimes and misdemeanors?' C'mon New Guy.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kathianne
Profanity rises to the level of 'high crimes and misdemeanors?' C'mon New Guy.:rolleyes:

Good behavior is not necessarily a high crime nor misdemeanor.

But, one question:

Is profanity against the law over there?

THAT is your answer if nothing else.

Good behavior is not necessarily a high crime nor misdemeanor.

But, one question:

Is profanity against the law over there?

THAT is your answer if nothing else.

Well considering precedent 'over there' is one senator clubbing another with a cane and not being removed, I guess the f word will probably not cause a big wave.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew

Jew, piss off, what I said makes perfect sense, you're one of those annoying liberals, don't talk to me anymore from now on.

I'm with Kathianne. Impeachment for swearing? That's extreme and I don't believe profanity is against the law.

I don't think elected officials should be held to any higher standard than the people they represent. They are human, not saints. An apology is appropriate and civil, but beyond that I'd question the need to scrutinize the situation beyond what it is.

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
I'm with Kathianne. Impeachment for swearing? That's extreme and I don't believe profanity is against the law.

I don't think elected officials should be held to any higher standard than the people they represent. They are human, not saints. An apology is appropriate and civil, but beyond that I'd question the need to scrutinize the situation beyond what it is.

When you become an American, or know what the Constitution says, then I will listen to your opinion on such things.

Until then, you are as much a part of the problem as they are.

When you become an American, or know what the Constitution says, then I will listen to your opinion on such things.

Until then, you are as much a part of the problem as they are.

Ahem, I AM an American. :usa:

You and I are coming from different positions regarding the constitution. See, I believe in the Electoral College. I believe in precedents being germane to the law. I also believe the Constitution expands, is living as a document.

Difference is, I don't normally feel compelled to argue it. I want to be open to what others think. I am not so misguided that I think I HAVE to be right.

Forum List

Back