The real reason Cheney swore....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gop guy, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Gop guy

Gop guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have no doubt that Cheney was pissed and that this guy deserved it, but I believe that there is a bigger reason behind it.

I think Cheney is voluntarily going to leave the ticket.

Lets face it, his negatives are high and he does have a significant ammount of baggage.

That's why he abandoned his noramlly calm and reserved self.

Lets face it, the Republican National Convention will be SUCH A BROING CORINATION if it's just Bush and Cheney getting the nominations, think about it.

A new Vice Presidential pick would really make it a show, and that's going to be needed especially since I just heard that empty headed liberal Bruce Springstein is going to be holding a concert in NY to try and detract from the Convention buss.

J.C. WATTS, have you guys ever heard of him?

He's a young black conservative congressman.

THIS IS WHAT BUSH NEEDS.

Most blacks are still politically immature enough that they'll vote for any black, reguardless of party, don't mean to be offensive, but it's the truth.

Am I high, or does this make serious sense?

Lemme know what yall think.

2. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Why? Pray tell.

3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    That would be a great move. And it wouldn't give the DNC enough time to dig up trash on JC (we all have SOME trash in our past).

4. sw2

sw2 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This is in response to the thought of replacing Dick Cheaney with J.C. Watts. As a balck Hispanic I find it both offensive and inaccurate that blacks will automatically vote for any other black person. If that was the case, then in this year's South Carolina Democratic primary where blacks made up the majority of voters who turned out, Al Sharpton would have won in a landslide. We are not incompetent or that dumb that we can be fooled into voting for someone because they look like one of us. In the 2000 election, Pat Buchanan slected Ezola Foster ( a black women) as his vice presidential candidate, why then did 90% of blacks vote for Al Gore anyway and 9% vote for Bush. Also, two of the most powerful offices in the executive branch belong to Colin Powell and Condi Rice, so with your reasoning Bush should now have 90% of the black vote already and I should be in his back pocket becaue he has people that look like me in his administration. I think you need to be more careful when making blanket statements like that.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Welcome sw2! I must say, this hit me the wrong way also. I think the GOP offers decent alternatives to some black voters, but the reasoning was insulting. Knowing gopguy, I don't think he meant it that way, just his politico thinking aloud.

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    No. THe exercise is for YOU to answer. THink about it. WHo's tough on terror? Bush/ Kerry? who refuses to see the connections between various governments and terrorists? Bush/Kerry?

7. sw2

sw2 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Whether it was meant or not what is disappointing in comments like that is that it is those kind of statements that keep minorities in the Democratic Party, it is those kind of statements that reenforce the Republican stereotype of not understanding minorities. Lastly, it is those kind of statements that make it hard for a minority Republican like myself to feel comfortable in the party. I am a Republican because I feel republicans have the the best approach on most issues, however, it is comments like that (once again whether it was meant or not) that makes it hard for minorities to switch from Democrats with whom they are comfortable with and move to the Republicans

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    As I said, I can appreciate your feelings. There is no doubt that many in the GOP believe that it offers an alternative based on self-interests, (which most political decisions are based on), for minorities. Have you seen Juan Williams recent book?

Be that as it may, I've yet to hear the GOP make a public case without sticking their foot in it. Good message, bad messenger perhaps.

Anyways, again, Welcome!

9. Gop guy

Gop guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup.

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,200
    I dont think anyone said that blacks would automatically vote for a black candidate. But it would certainly get some thinking, that not all blacks have to vote Democrat. It may get some eyes opened. not sure it would help with much votes though.