The real question

• Banned
So nobody can think of a single reason for it to be illegal?

The rightwingers have admitted that their war on marijuana is retarded and based on absolutely nothing other than profits for the industry. Let the record reflect this.

I think the prerequisites for something or some behavior to be illegal is some kind of societal harm. Of course there are different levels of harm and punishment should reflect the level of harm.

Also, I dont think thats there only stated reason or is it their principle objection to the legalization of pot. I usually hear arguements like "the children will all start smoking" "it has no benefits and causes more harm than good" or "people will all turn lazy and become pot addicts and turn to crime and cause a bunch of drug wars, blah blah." Personally I think marijuana should be legal and look at it as an individual freedoms thing.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I think the prerequisites for something or some behavior to be illegal is some kind of societal harm. Of course there are different levels of harm and punishment should reflect the level of harm.

Also, I dont think thats there only stated reason or is it their principle objection to the legalization of pot. I usually hear arguements like "the children will all start smoking" "it has no benefits and causes more harm than good" or "people will all turn lazy and become pot addicts and turn to crime and cause a bunch of drug wars, blah blah." Personally I dont think marijuana should be legal and look at it as an individual freedoms thing.

So... you're against individual freedoms in principle?

Let's see ... the reason I was told that pot is illegal was that back in "the day" the white man was convinced that blacks who smoked weed would go crazy and rape all the white women.

Also, I dont think thats there only stated reason or is it their principle objection to the legalization of pot. I usually hear arguements like "the children will all start smoking" "it has no benefits and causes more harm than good" or "people will all turn lazy and become pot addicts and turn to crime and cause a bunch of drug wars, blah blah." Personally I dont think marijuana should be legal and look at it as an individual freedoms thing.

So... you're against individual freedoms in principle?

typo. i was going to word it differently and did not remove "dont."

• Banned
Let's see ... the reason I was told that pot is illegal was that back in "the day" the white man was convinced that blacks who smoked weed would go crazy and rape all the white women.
And also the mexicans

also because it's cheaper than cuttin' down trees and was a threat to big paper

No, that is reflected in the discrepancy between laws regarding powder cocaine and crack cocaine possession.

Forum List

Back