The Real Lessons of the Great Depression

Deregulation is the removal of regulations. Companies merging together does not constitute deregulation.

How old are you? There were regulations that prevented those mergers, then there weren't. Just as (more recently) there were regulations that prevented banking houses from selling insurance on loans, and then there weren't. deregulation: the removal of regulations. Um, yeah, that's kind of what I was saying. :eusa_whistle:

There was anti-trust legislation in effect before, during, and after the Great Depression.

Deregulation is the removal of regulations. Companies merging together does not constitute deregulation.

How old are you? There were regulations that prevented those mergers, then there weren't. Just as (more recently) there were regulations that prevented banking houses from selling insurance on loans, and then there weren't. deregulation: the removal of regulations. Um, yeah, that's kind of what I was saying. :eusa_whistle:

There was anti-trust legislation in effect before, during, and after the Great Depression.

And they were loosened before. Deregulated. Lack of oversight. Un-looked after and such. Hence the term. Read something besides Ayn Rand and get back to us. :eusa_hand:

And they were loosened before. Deregulated. Lack of oversight. Un-looked after and such. Hence the term. Read something besides Ayn Rand and get back to us. :eusa_hand:

I don't read Ayn Rand, but I suggest that you read up on Austrian business-cycle theory.

Forum List

Back