The Real Kennedy

Oct 8, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W3jg0-LOkY&feature=related]YouTube - JFK: The Case For Tax Cuts (1/2)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F05q0YMyOxA]YouTube - JFK: The Case For Tax Cuts (2/2)[/ame]

you know cali, notwithstanding the hack who jumped in, we really don't know what kennedy's legacy would have been had he not be murdered. i suspect he'd have been considered an average president and maybe worse depending on what he did with vietnam (though i'm not sure he could have escalated more than LBJ).

i suspect in death he is larger than he ever would have been in life.

my favorite liberal president is Nixon ;)

he wouldn't even get through the primaries now. he'd be called a rhino for starting the EPA, getting out of 'nam and opening china (for which he'd have been called a commie-lover).

yet... if he hadn't been a paranoid nutter, he'd have probably been considered one of our greatest presidents.

funny how things change with time. yes?

• Banned

you know cali, notwithstanding the hack who jumped in, we really don't know what kennedy's legacy would have been had he not be murdered. i suspect he'd have been considered an average president and maybe worse depending on what he did with vietnam (though i'm not sure he could have escalated more than LBJ).

he wouldn't even get through the primaries now. he'd be called a rhino for starting the EPA, getting out of 'nam and opening china (for which he'd have been called a commie-lover).

yet... if he hadn't been a paranoid nutter, he'd have probably been considered one of our greatest presidents.

Good points. Except, I happen to think that JFK would have become an even bigger giant and would, most likely have opened the door for Bobby to have carried on that work. Giants walked among us.... I wish they still did.

JFK is one of my all time greatest Americans.

Good points. Except, I happen to think that JFK would have become an even bigger giant and would, most likely have opened the door for Bobby to have carried on that work. Giants walked among us.... I wish they still did.

Repeatedly cheated on his wife, using Government agents to help him, had ties to the mob, so weak willed he nearly started WW3. Ya a great President indeed.

• Banned

Repeatedly cheated on his wife, using Government agents to help him, had ties to the mob, so weak willed he nearly started WW3. Ya a great President indeed.

He'd have been the perfect Republican POTUS. :lol:

Forum List

Back