The REAL John McCain

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
Charlie Keating always took care of his friends, especially those in politics. McCain was no exception.

In 1982, during McCain's first run for the House, Keating held a fund-raiser for him, collecting more than $11,000 from 40 employees of American Continental Corp. McCain would spend more than $550,000 to win the primary and the general election.

In 1983, as McCain contemplated his House re-election, Keating hosted a $1,000-a-plate dinner for him, even though McCain had no serious competition. When McCain pushed for the Senate in 1986, Keating was there with more than $50,000.

By 1987, McCain had received about $112,000 in political contributions from Keating and his associates.

McCain also had carried a little water for Keating in Washington. While in the House, McCain, along with a majority of representatives, co-sponsored a resolution to delay new regulations designed to curb risky investments by thrifts such as Lincoln.

On Oct. 8, 1989, The Arizona Republic revealed that McCain's wife and her father had invested $359,100 in a Keating shopping center in April 1986, a year before McCain met with the regulators.

"You're a liar," McCain said when a Republic reporter asked him about the business relationship between his wife and Keating.

"That's the spouse's involvement, you idiot," McCain said later in the same conversation. "You do understand English, don't you?"

He also belittled reporters when they asked about his wife's ties to Keating.

"It's up to you to find that out, kids."

McCain Profile: The Keating Five

John McCain is not who you think he is folks, while some of the stories about him border on the crazy, such has those about his Naval career, which I will always defend. His involvement with Charles Keating here in Arizona is well known. I have completely divested myself of John McCain and he is no more a Republican than Karl Marx is.

Charlie Keating always took care of his friends, especially those in politics. McCain was no exception.

In 1982, during McCain's first run for the House, Keating held a fund-raiser for him, collecting more than $11,000 from 40 employees of American Continental Corp. McCain would spend more than $550,000 to win the primary and the general election.

In 1983, as McCain contemplated his House re-election, Keating hosted a $1,000-a-plate dinner for him, even though McCain had no serious competition. When McCain pushed for the Senate in 1986, Keating was there with more than $50,000.

By 1987, McCain had received about $112,000 in political contributions from Keating and his associates.

McCain also had carried a little water for Keating in Washington. While in the House, McCain, along with a majority of representatives, co-sponsored a resolution to delay new regulations designed to curb risky investments by thrifts such as Lincoln.

On Oct. 8, 1989, The Arizona Republic revealed that McCain's wife and her father had invested $359,100 in a Keating shopping center in April 1986, a year before McCain met with the regulators.

"You're a liar," McCain said when a Republic reporter asked him about the business relationship between his wife and Keating.

"That's the spouse's involvement, you idiot," McCain said later in the same conversation. "You do understand English, don't you?"

He also belittled reporters when they asked about his wife's ties to Keating.

"It's up to you to find that out, kids."

McCain Profile: The Keating Five

John McCain is not who you think he is folks, while some of the stories about him border on the crazy, such has those about his Naval career, which I will always defend. His involvement with Charles Keating here in Arizona is well known. I have completely divested myself of John McCain and he is no more a Republican than Karl Marx is.

Wow Navy, whats happened to you, this stuff is not new news. But I agree with what you said as usual. Why not just vote for Obama, didnt your mom ever make you eat something you didnt want to and once you did it became one of your favorites. You never know.

Wow Navy, whats happened to you, this stuff is not new news. But I agree with what you said as usual. Why not just vote for Obama, didnt your mom ever make you eat something you didnt want to and once you did it became one of your favorites. You never know.

You know jschuck I don't like it when I am betrayed by the very people who represent me. They DO NOT deserve my support , what they do deserve is my efforts to remove them from office. My mother used to make me eat squash mixed with spanish rice which I hated, but now if I don't get it at least once a week, I feel left out. lol

BTW , the article is a really good read if you have not had the chance to read it. It's local so its much more involved than what you might get in say a Washington Post.

You know jschuck I don't like it when I am betrayed by the very people who represent me. They DO NOT deserve my support , what they do deserve is my efforts to remove them from office. My mother used to make me eat squash mixed with spanish rice which I hated, but now if I don't get it at least once a week, I feel left out. lol[/QUOTE

LOl, well I am not here to change anyones vote and you seem more than capable of making a good decision so good luck but dont forget about the squash and spanish rice.

You are messing up Navy. See the plan is for McCain to die two nanoseconds after he swears the oath and Palin will walk into the Presidency. So now pick. Palin or Obama?

You are messing up Navy. See the plan is for McCain to die two nanoseconds after he swears the oath and Palin will walk into the Presidency. So now pick. Palin or Obama?

lol damn I never even thought about that . so then I would actually be voting for Palin? Don't get me wrong here Willow, I'm mad as hell about this Bailout.

lol damn I never even thought about that . so then I would actually be voting for Palin? Don't get me wrong here Willow, I'm mad as hell about this Bailout.

Oh I know, believe me, I know, we spent 700 billion dollars so the banks can keep loaning money to people who will probably default again. they will be back for more

Oh I know, believe me, I know, we spent 700 billion dollars so the banks can keep loaning money to people who will probably default again. they will be back for more

Psst Willow, care to get Glock, the OP of that other thread, and yourself to go and respond to my links in the other thread?

Seems you all vanished pretty quickly after that.

Please don't tell me you think someone who has been the chief executive of a state of 600,000 people for a year and a half and who thinks that Russia being close to Alaska gives her foreign policy experience is worthy of being president of the united states, leader of the free world? Who the fuck gives a shit if she's a hockey mom, how does that help our economy?

Please don't tell me you think someone who has been the chief executive of a state of 600,000 people for a year and a half and who thinks that Russia being close to Alaska gives her foreign policy experience is worthy of being president of the united states, leader of the free world? Who the fuck gives a shit if she's a hockey mom, how does that help our economy?

I think I have made my feelings pretty clear on Sarah Palin. all across this board. I wanted McCain to pick JC Watts or Mitt Romney if that tells you anything about my feelings on her ability to take over the office.

Psst Willow, care to get Glock, the OP of that other thread, and yourself to go and respond to my links in the other thread?

Seems you all vanished pretty quickly after that.

and if you tell me you believe anything that comes out of any mouth in the congresscritters house then I'm gonna tell you to take a hike. We have been scammed.

yes, that is what we think, we are morons, we are retarded, we are retarded moron Republicans now go hug yourself.

and if you tell me you believe anything that comes out of any mouth in the congresscritters house then I'm gonna tell you to take a hike. We have been scammed.

FBI raids Obama friend's office, that thread. I can get a link for you if you like.

Forum List

Back