The Real Jimmy Carter

tim_duncan2000

Jan 11, 2004
I had always thought that he was a bad President, but he seemed like a decent person. Now I'm not so sure. This new book talks about the side of Jimmy Carter that not many know or want to talk about. Here are some examples:

Carter as a politician: his habits of exaggeration, disingenuousness, and outright deception -- belying his claim to occupy the moral high ground

Global 2000: the doom-and-gloom study that Carter released shortly before leaving the presidency -- how most of its predictions have turned out to be wildly wrong
Revealed: the shocking extent of Carter's clandestine efforts to sabotage the first Gulf War in 1990
He doesn't seem so decent now.

He never seemed that decent to me. Much like Clinton, he used his supposed Christianity to get elected and to appeal to the middle ground.

He always came off as a glory seeker. He was always trying to get peace in the world, not for the sake of peace but so he could get that peace prize. i mean all we have to do is look at his plans to realize that. I mean what kind of person who wants peace would offere the North Koreans nuclear technology for their promise not to create Nuclear weapons. Is this someone who really wanted peace?

I was reading a book on leadership by some liberal woman praising Jimmy Carter for being such a great leader. i literally wanted to chuck the book accross the room and the whole credibility of what she was saying had to be questioned becaues of her praise of him. I dont know whether he is a decent guy or not. All i know is he is horrible at leading.

Forum List

Back