The Real Jimmy Carter and Israel

Ol' Jimmy gettin' on Obama's case...
:eusa_eh:
Jimmy Carter blasts Obama on Mideast peace
10/23/12 - Former President Jimmy Carter blasted President Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for their failure to advance the Middle East peace process, saying that the Israeli government seems to have decided on the "one-state solution but to conceal it from the world."
The New York Times reports on Carter's visit to Israel:

“I don’t think there’s any doubt that Netanyahu has decided the one-state option is the one he’s going to pursue,” Mr. Carter said, despite Mr. Netanyahu’s professed commitment to two states, notably in a 2009 speech at Bar Ilan University.

As for Mr. Obama, a fellow Democrat, the former president said, “The U.S. government policy the last two to three years has basically been a rapid withdrawal from any kind of controversy.”

He added: “Every president has been a very powerful factor here in advocating this two-state solution. That is now not apparent.”

MORE

10/23/12 - Former President Jimmy Carter blasted President Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for their failure to advance the Middle East peace process, saying that the Israeli government seems to have decided on the "one-state solution but to conceal it from the world."

“I don’t think there’s any doubt that Netanyahu has decided the one-state option is the one he’s going to pursue,” Mr. Carter said, despite Mr. Netanyahu’s professed commitment to two states, notably in a 2009 speech at Bar Ilan University.

As for Mr. Obama, a fellow Democrat, the former president said, “The U.S. government policy the last two to three years has basically been a rapid withdrawal from any kind of controversy.”

He added: “Every president has been a very powerful factor here in advocating this two-state solution. That is now not apparent.”

MORE
Carter and Obama, two presidents that succeeded at failing.

MORE

Obama isn't in Carter's league. It wasn't just his presidency that failed but his attempt at reelection which also failed miserably, winning just 6 of the 50 states and 40% of the popular vote. Now he's a shill for the Arab World.
It seems Jimmy learned that from his younger brother, the colorful Billy Carter:

...In September 1978 Billy made a highly publicized trip to Libya with a group of Georgia legislators and businessmen eager to make deals. Several months later, he hosted a delegation of Libyans in Atlanta, as they looked for a place to locate a permanent trade mission. When asked why he was involved, Billy said, "The only thing I can say is there is a hell of a lot more Arabians than there is Jews." He also argued that the "Jewish media [tore] up the Arab countries full-time," and defended Libya against charges of state-sponsored terrorism by saying that a "heap of governments support terrorists and [Libya] at least admitted it."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...oIHYBA&usg=AFQjCNHoYnu_6_1Pb-nofoQAHOJ7BNfmqw

Carter is what we used to call "neurotic" -----or even neurosthenic. He is a man who tried and tried-----but failed and is still trying to be SOMEONE VERY IMPORTANT ---------some saudis have found him a useful tool It is really TRAGIC ----has all the makings of a greek tragedy

Obama isn't in Carter's league. It wasn't just his presidency that failed but his attempt at reelection which also failed miserably, winning just 6 of the 50 states and 40% of the popular vote. Now he's a shill for the Arab World.
It seems Jimmy learned that from his younger brother, the colorful Billy Carter:

...In September 1978 Billy made a highly publicized trip to Libya with a group of Georgia legislators and businessmen eager to make deals. Several months later, he hosted a delegation of Libyans in Atlanta, as they looked for a place to locate a permanent trade mission. When asked why he was involved, Billy said, "The only thing I can say is there is a hell of a lot more Arabians than there is Jews." He also argued that the "Jewish media [tore] up the Arab countries full-time," and defended Libya against charges of state-sponsored terrorism by saying that a "heap of governments support terrorists and [Libya] at least admitted it."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...oIHYBA&usg=AFQjCNHoYnu_6_1Pb-nofoQAHOJ7BNfmqw
Al I know is that nowadays telling a democrat "you're just like Carter" is the biggest insult. That's why he was kept at least 1000 miles away from the Democrat convention, and he has not been asked to make even ONE appearance on behalf of the Obama campaign. It's almost like he's passed away already.

The only USA President since Eisenhower ordered Israel Britain and France out of Sinai and Egypt in 1956 to put real pressure on Israel to stop stealin the West Bank was George H W Bush who refused loan money for settlements.

Both Republicans

not the Democrats who always had and have the majority USA Jewish vote. 70% plus.

I very much doubt Obama even if he gets a 2nd term can be a true friend of Israel and push it towards peace;

it's far too late for that now.

The only USA President since Eisenhower ordered Israel Britain and France out of Sinai and Egypt in 1956 to put real pressure on Israel to stop stealin the West Bank was George H W Bush who refused loan money for settlements.

Both Republicans

not the Democrats who always had and have the majority USA Jewish vote. 70% plus.

I very much doubt Obama even if he gets a 2nd term can be a true friend of Israel and push it towards peace;

Yes it's far too late. Iran will never let the Palestinans enter into any peace negotiations. If it has too it will assassinate whoever does, as it's puppet Hezbollah did in Lebanon.

Roudy Hezbollah is showing up like an EPIDEMIC in various parts of the Middle east The situation is really dangerous From what I have seen of Iranian muslims and arab muslims in the USA------the two just do not mix well

Roudy Hezbollah is showing up like an EPIDEMIC in various parts of the Middle east The situation is really dangerous From what I have seen of Iranian muslims and arab muslims in the USA------the two just do not mix well
It will all end when the head of the snake in Iran is removed.

I think Pakistan is even more dangerous than Iran

They already have nukes and they are making lots of small tactical ones that can be easily carried on trucks and powssibly stolen by terrorists,.

They control the Taliban's every move.

they rather than Iran are likely to unleash hell...if the Jihadis get their hands on one and steal it; not impossible.

They already have nukes and they are making lots of small tactical ones that can be easily carried on trucks and powssibly stolen by terrorists,.

they rather than Iran are likely to unleash hell...if the Jihadis get their hands on one and steal it; not impossible.
Pakistan is an Islamic shithole of corruption and theivery, however it's biggest concern and obsession has been India, and will be so for a long time. Their whole terrorist infrastructure, and military capabilities has been created and tailored to use against India primarily. Which is why the US and other countries need to ensure they don't collapse by continuing to throw money at them, so that these same weapons then don't fall into the wrong hands. Unfortunately that is the reality of today's world.

Last edited:

Pakistan is an Islamic shithole of corruption and theivery, however it's biggest concern and obsession has been India, and will be so for a long time. Their whole terrorist infrastructure, and military capabilities has been created and tailored to use against India primarily. Which is why the US and other countries need to ensure they don't collapse by continuing to throw money at them, so that these same weapons then don't fall into the wrong hands. Unfortunately that is the reality of today's world.
Just this once..............I totally agree

In Afghanistan which has always been the victim of outside great powers and their great games, the main game is now india vs pakistan

USA is irrelevant...not very important there

obama realises this; he has said india pak is the key to taliban etc

No doubt Pakistan is an arena of filth and corruption and a cradle for disgusting jihadist terrorists------but as far as actual military AND terrorist ambition----I believe that Iran is a far worse problem-------they got more money

No doubt Pakistan is an arena of filth and corruption and a cradle for disgusting jihadist terrorists------but as far as actual military AND terrorist ambition----I believe that Iran is a far worse problem-------they got more money
Iran has Islamist imperialistic ambitions, and it is using terror to spread it. It is a greater threat to the Arabs and Sunnis than it is Israel. They are using Israel as a diversion to confuse the world and garner Muslim support to buy time to get their nuke. Once that happens they will use it to threaten and overthrow the Saudis in order to gain Shiite control of Mecca and Medina, Islam's holiest sites. That's the number one reason why they will NEVER be allowed to have a nuke. The Arabs and Sunnis are more scared what these lunatics will do than the rest of the world is, and justifiably so.

Excellent summary of reality Roudy-----I think we have to be happy that the SUNNIS outnumber the shiites ------that fact may help stem IRANIAN/SHIITE imperialism-----I am convinced the two parties will come to violent conflict over------saudi arabia

Both Republicans

Yes it's far too late. Iran will never let the Palestinans enter into any peace negotiations. If it has too it will assassinate whoever does, as it's puppet Hezbollah did in Lebanon.
i agree with you, haver

so did arafat

Excellent summary of reality Roudy-----I think we have to be happy that the SUNNIS outnumber the shiites ------that fact may help stem IRANIAN/SHIITE imperialism-----I am convinced the two parties will come to violent conflict over------saudi arabia
i agree

it's the new cold war; sunni vs shia

they wanna fight each other for rule in the gulf and the umma

they don't care about israel any more; that's just talk ballyhoo

so you are on saudi arabia's side

your chicken tandoori in mecca awaits you if you sign up for jihad on their side..............

No thanks----I am fully aware of what would await me if I got involved in either side May they play with each other for the next few thousand years

Both Republicans

i agree with you, haver

so did arafat
arafat was quoted on another thread as saying, after camp david

"if I agreed to that, I would be sleeping with Rabin"

Rabin must agree, too.

It aint just the Iranians that kill peace makers; the ultra yids do too.

But at least Arafat would have had a quick death not 2 weeks of polonium poisonong torture

maybe what Arafat deserved....old sharon is still suffering; he got years of slow death for his murders

Forum List

Back