The Real Issue

Dave1958

Rookie
May 24, 2018
What I'm about to say is by no means something I'm promoting. That being said. If the Trump administration was truly serious about keeping illegal aliens out of the US. Why not just pass a Federal Law that makes it a felony punishable by a minimum of five or ten years in prison and up to a $100,000.00 or more in fines to knowingly hire an a illegal alien. Simple, no wall needed. With the E-Verify System it makes it very easy for an employer to check the status and see if a potential employee is illegal. The shame in all this is, what appears to be a simple solution to a big problem. Is that our government doesn't really want down deep to turn away all this cheap labor, doing jobs that most Americans refuse to do because. Their constituents, that donate to their campaigns and employ many of these illegals, would throw a fit if they are all taken away. Just google the east coast crab industry and it's lack of being able to get their Mexican labor force that they have enjoyed for the last twenty plus years. They are bitching to high heavens. Watch, something will be done on the side to accommodate them. Maybe the answer is to pay higher wages for these jobs. Then MAYBE some of our legal Americans will to take the opportunity to fill these jobs . If so, please don't bitch when the prices for these services sky rocket.

When I drove a truck and framed buildings for $25 an hour (in today's money) in CO, illegals worked right beside me, getting the same pay. It's a myth that they work for less. Americans WILL do the work, for twice the pay. So you have to pay $10 a week more for produce (until they get the machines that will pick the stuff) So what? it's well worth it to get rid of the illegals.

New Topics

Forum List

Back