The Real History of the Tea Party

Actually, history has shown, when Democrats protest, there is violence.

It is one of those conundrums. The party of peace most quickly resorts to violence when they do not get what they want.

I remember that...Kent state. The liberal students protesting and the conservative national guard opening fire on them. Yep, the violence at liberal rallies under a larger microscope.

You had to reach back to the 60's to find an example of Liberal mob violence that was justified. Goood....

sorry, I didn't realize there was a time limit on the violence:eusa_shhh:

I believe you're mostly wrong and your bias is showing. Elected officials with some obvious exceptions are not idiots, they are human beings whose priority is keeping their job (and the power and valuables it provides). To do so they must follow the money, which is one reason I believe Citizens United v. FEC will exacerbate an already serious problem.

To suggest "Our '"leaders'" have been doing it for 2 years" is both disengenuous and highly partisan. Deficit spending has been an on-going problem for decades and the deficit has grown consistently.
The fundamental idea of fiscal responsibility is sound, implementing it is nearly impossible. Instead of demanding the Constitutional Authority before any bill is considered, The Congress must get their respective houses in order and pass rules which prevent riders, restrict logrolling and outlaw any member, any family member of any member and any aide from accepting anything from anyone with an interest in any legislation, pending or on the horizon. If an over-the-horizon bill is authored, the author and every member of congress must provide everything of value, offered, recieved or promised, by anyone with a vested interest in the matter.

Of course such a rule change would fundamentally change the nature of The Congress and potentially legislative bodies across our nation. If and only if such a change occurs it matters not if the Congress is controlled by the D's or R's or any other organized (or disorganized group), it will fall prey to the money and benefit the few and not the many.

Deficit spending has been going on for years. It is only recently, outside of WW2, that it has gone a rate of 65% of revenues. This is beyond ridiculous and IS criminally incompetent. It was don under a government that 100% controlled by the Dems. They had the majority in the House, a filibuster proof majority in the Senate and the White House.

My "bias" is that I have actually looked at what actually has happened and am not making excuses for the blithering idiots who have done this to us.

Expecting the bribery crazy thieves who have stolen from us for decades make more laws to pile on top of the laws that already should have prevented this is, please excuse me, stupid.

The only way to control the spending is to take away the money. This means to de-centralize the government and cut these A-holes off at the purse.

What you suggest is similar to allowing the Mexican Drug Cartels to write the laws that control our border security which, apparently, is the policy of this administration.

I'm suggesting the ideal. Of course The Congress will not kill the golden goose. However, the Supreme Court has exacerbated a serious problem. Calling me an idiot may make you feel smart or superior, but posting an angry emotional diatribe doesn't make you appear smart or even informed.

What our country needs is leadership. The foundation exists, all framed by our most sacred documents. We do not need to remake our institutions, we need to reform them. Taking the money away is where we agree; where we disagree is your interest in returning to a form of government such as that we had under The Articles of Confederaton. A little reading of history might make you reconsider this opinion.

Review the enumerated powers and let me know how this resembles the monstrocity that the Federal Gvoernment has become.

Unless you currently hold an elected office in the federal Government, I did not call you an idiot.

I must stand by my comment that expecting that the same idiots who got us into this mess will guide us out is stupid. It borders on insane.

In business every problem, every single one, falls primarily into one of two areas: Systemic or Personnel. If the problem goes away when the people are changed, it was likely the personnel that were doing the wrong things. If the problems persist even when the people are changed, then it is very likely a systemic problem.

While the problems with the deficit are worse today than at any time in two generations, the problem is primarily systemic and that is why the system must be changed. To do this though, the people must first be changed.

Move authority away from Washington as defined by the Constitutionally enumerated powers in an orderly and planned fashion now or it will happen in a less orderly fashion as the money runs dry like it has in Greece and Ireland.

Our government has moved to a state in which some of the enumerated powers are ignored and others have been bloated to the point of being unrecognizable.

U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 8 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

I remember that...Kent state. The liberal students protesting and the conservative national guard opening fire on them. Yep, the violence at liberal rallies under a larger microscope.

You had to reach back to the 60's to find an example of Liberal mob violence that was justified. Goood....

sorry, I didn't realize there was a time limit on the violence:eusa_shhh:

With so many recent deomstrations by Conservatives, I would think that a justifiable assertion would find a supporting example in the recent demonstations.

Regarding Kent State, the folks on the two sides of that confrontation were the same folks. The National Guard kids in uniform were not trained for what they were in the midst of and the College student kids were in the mob that was taunting them.

It added up to a horrible outcome, but you have to feel as bad for the kids of the National Guard who were undoubtedly terrified as for the kids of the Student population who were probably swept along by emotions in a sequence of events they did not understand.

"Tin soldiers and Nixon coming..." had not yet been written, obviously, and this event along with others was at the leading edge of the blade that cut this country in half at every level and every issue.

Can anybody explain this??? Tea Partiers may say the government is too damn big, but when it comes to at least two federal entitlement programs, they sing a wholly different tune.

In a McClatchy-Marist poll released this week, 70% of registered voters who identify with the Tea Party opposed making cuts to either Medicare or Medicaid -- the government-run health programs for the elderly and the poor -- to help reduce the nation's deficit. Meanwhile, only 28% of tea partiers said they'd be willing to cut spending on those two programs.

What is up with that??? They are such hypocrites!!! They don't want any interference from the government unless it benefits them??? That's what it souinds like.

Poll: 70% Of Tea Partiers Oppose Cuts To Medicare, Medicaid | TPMDC

Can anybody explain this??? Tea Partiers may say the government is too damn big, but when it comes to at least two federal entitlement programs, they sing a wholly different tune.

In a McClatchy-Marist poll released this week, 70% of registered voters who identify with the Tea Party opposed making cuts to either Medicare or Medicaid -- the government-run health programs for the elderly and the poor -- to help reduce the nation's deficit. Meanwhile, only 28% of tea partiers said they'd be willing to cut spending on those two programs.

What is up with that??? They are such hypocrites!!! They don't want any interference from the government unless it benefits them??? That's what it souinds like.

You have a picture of the Big 0 on your avatar. You can't understand a person saying one thing and doing another.

Golly, Mr. Obvious, do you see a contradiction here?

You have a picture of the Big 0 on your avatar. You can't understand a person saying one thing and doing another.

Golly, Mr. Obvious, do you see a contradiction here?

Golly, do you see someone that just doesn't want to answer a perfectly logical question???

Last edited:
Strange how some seem to want to pay any taxes but get all the benefits of those who do pay taxes.
this applies to the poor and many on the right.

Forum List

Back