The Real History of the Tea Party

When Democrats march in the street and protest, it's called Democracy and Freedom of Speech. When anybody else does it, it's called just about anything else you can think of to put a bad light on it.

When Democrats march in the street and protest, it's called Democracy and Freedom of Speech. When anybody else does it, it's called just about anything else you can think of to put a bad light on it.

Actually, history has shown, when Democrats protest, there is violence.

It is one of those conundrums. The party of peace most quickly resorts to violence when they do not get what they want.

Who DOESN'T know this story? What he fails to mention in the video though is that the modern day tea party is about heavy taxation on the the middle class and government spending us into oblivion as well as the Federal reserve destroying our currency and therefore, our life savings! Thus the name T.E.A. Party stands for "Taxed Enough Already". I'll bet a lot of you don't know that.

Corporate Tax cuts are not the main focus. Individual taxation is.

Besides, when Japan cuts it's Corporate Tax Rate this year, the US will have the highest Corporate Tax rate of any industrialized nation. You think that has any effect on business and trade?

Then it was over a corporation given a monopoly by the government, today, we've eliminated the middle man,
unless of course, we decide to toss Chevys overboard.

...Besides, when Japan cuts it's Corporate Tax Rate this year, the US will have the highest Corporate Tax rate of any industrialized nation. You think that has any effect on business and trade?

If we fall into the category of an unindustrial nation, the numbers will look better.

It is one of those conundrums. The party of peace most quickly resorts to violence when they do not get what they want.

I agree..I mean look at WI.

No, wait. Nevermind.

I agree..I mean look at WI.

No, wait. Nevermind.

"No, wait...nevermind" is the Democrat Party platform. They live and breath it.

Well, at least one leader within the Tea Party movement showed her true colors:

OC Republican allegedly sent offensive Obama email - Yahoo! News

Of course, painting with a broad brush isn't fair and to characterize a movement by the behavior of one person is rather absurd. Yet, one expects leaders to a least be circumspect, and political leaders to argue policy and not engage in the politics of hate and fear (unless of course that's all they've got).

If the TP is all about taxes, why haven't we seen a comprehensive plan of tax reform? Where is the blueprint for a real, responsible and practical tax code?

Last edited:

Of course, painting with a broad brush isn't fair and to characterize a movement by the behavior of one person is rather absurd. Yet, one expects leaders to a least be circumspect, and political leaders to argue policy and not engage in the politics of hate and fear (unless of course that's all they've got).

If the TP is all about taxes, why haven't we seen a comprehensive plan of tax reform? Where is the blueprint for a real, responsible and practical tax code?

It's because the TEA Party is not a real party. TEA Party people will simply assess the votes and positions of those who represent them and vote them away if they don't toe the line.

Around here, Richard Lugar is very probably the future former Senator from Indiana.

The same is true of many other RINO's.

I am sick to death of sending my tax dollars to idiots who turn around and give it to other idiots to pay for plans created and endorsed by still more idiots.

I suspect many Americans share my sentiments. We work for a living and don't hold office and don't feel the need to brand ourselves as whores for the Dems or the Reps. We want responsible, thoughtful representatives that treasure the opportunity to serve and know the value of a dollar.

Paul Ryan talks the talk. So does Mitch Daniels. Daniels also walks the walk. We need some folks as leaders who aren't whores. The current bunch is just that and it's disgusting.

How can you be over your budget by 65%? 65%! Any department manager in any business from Wendy's to AT&T would be fired during the first quarter doing this. Our "Leaders" have been doing it for 2 years!

They should be executed before being fired. This kind of incompetence is criminal.

I remember that...Kent state. The liberal students protesting and the conservative national guard opening fire on them. Yep, the violence at liberal rallies under a larger microscope.

It's because the TEA Party is not a real party. TEA Party people will simply assess the votes and positions of those who represent them and vote them away if they don't toe the line.

Around here, Richard Lugar is very probably the future former Senator from Indiana.

I am sick to death of sending my tax dollars to idiots who turn around and give it to other idiots to pay for plans created and endorsed by still more idiots.

I suspect many Americans share my sentiments. We work for a living and don't hold office and don't feel the need to brand ourselves as whores for the Dems or the Reps. We want responsible, thoughtful representatives that treasure the opportunity to serve and know the value of a dollar.

Paul Ryan talks the talk. So does Mitch Daniels. Daniels also walks the walk. We need some folks as leaders who aren't whores. The current bunch is just that and it's disgusting.

How can you be over your budget by 65%? 65%! Any department manager in any business from Wendy's to AT&T would be fired during the first quarter doing this. Our "Leaders" have been doing it for 2 years!

They should be executed before being fired. This kind of incompetence is criminal.

I believe you're mostly wrong and your bias is showing. Elected officials with some obvious exceptions are not idiots, they are human beings whose priority is keeping their job (and the power and valuables it provides). To do so they must follow the money, which is one reason I believe Citizens United v. FEC will exacerbate an already serious problem.

To suggest "Our '"leaders'" have been doing it for 2 years" is both disengenuous and highly partisan. Deficit spending has been an on-going problem for decades and the deficit has grown consistently.

The fundamental idea of fiscal responsibility is sound, implementing it is nearly impossible. Instead of demanding the Constitutional Authority before any bill is considered, The Congress must get their respective houses in order and pass rules which prevent riders, restrict logrolling and outlaw any member, any family member of any member and any aide from accepting anything from anyone with an interest in any legislation, pending or on the horizon. If an over-the-horizon bill is authored, the author and every member of congress must provide everything of value, offered, recieved or promised, by anyone with a vested interest in the matter.

Of course such a rule change would fundamentally change the nature of The Congress and potentially legislative bodies across our nation. If and only if such a change occurs it matters not if the Congress is controlled by the D's or R's or any other organized (or disorganized group), it will fall prey to the money and benefit the few and not the many.

I remember that...Kent state. The liberal students protesting and the conservative national guard opening fire on them. Yep, the violence at liberal rallies under a larger microscope.

You had to reach back to the 60's to find an example of Liberal mob violence that was justified. Goood....

You had to reach back to the 60's to find an example of Liberal mob violence that was justified. Goood....
WTO in Seattle.
WTO in Toronto
RNC Convention in St. Paul

All violent to varying degrees. Many of the most violent stopped before they could act at least in St. Paul. Go ahead and check out the "Battle for Seattle" sometime.

The history of leftist violence in this nation is not 40 years old. It occurs even today.

I believe you're mostly wrong and your bias is showing. Elected officials with some obvious exceptions are not idiots, they are human beings whose priority is keeping their job (and the power and valuables it provides). To do so they must follow the money, which is one reason I believe Citizens United v. FEC will exacerbate an already serious problem.

To suggest "Our '"leaders'" have been doing it for 2 years" is both disengenuous and highly partisan. Deficit spending has been an on-going problem for decades and the deficit has grown consistently.
The fundamental idea of fiscal responsibility is sound, implementing it is nearly impossible. Instead of demanding the Constitutional Authority before any bill is considered, The Congress must get their respective houses in order and pass rules which prevent riders, restrict logrolling and outlaw any member, any family member of any member and any aide from accepting anything from anyone with an interest in any legislation, pending or on the horizon. If an over-the-horizon bill is authored, the author and every member of congress must provide everything of value, offered, recieved or promised, by anyone with a vested interest in the matter.

Of course such a rule change would fundamentally change the nature of The Congress and potentially legislative bodies across our nation. If and only if such a change occurs it matters not if the Congress is controlled by the D's or R's or any other organized (or disorganized group), it will fall prey to the money and benefit the few and not the many.

Deficit spending has been going on for years. It is only recently, outside of WW2, that it has gone a rate of 65% of revenues. This is beyond ridiculous and IS criminally incompetent. It was don under a government that 100% controlled by the Dems. They had the majority in the House, a filibuster proof majority in the Senate and the White House.

My "bias" is that I have actually looked at what actually has happened and am not making excuses for the blithering idiots who have done this to us.

Expecting the bribery crazy thieves who have stolen from us for decades make more laws to pile on top of the laws that already should have prevented this is, please excuse me, stupid.

The only way to control the spending is to take away the money. This means to de-centralize the government and cut these A-holes off at the purse.

What you suggest is similar to allowing the Mexican Drug Cartels to write the laws that control our border security which, apparently, is the policy of this administration.

Who DOESN'T know this story? What he fails to mention in the video though is that the modern day tea party is about heavy taxation on the the middle class and government spending us into oblivion as well as the Federal reserve destroying our currency and therefore, our life savings! Thus the name T.E.A. Party stands for "Taxed Enough Already". I'll bet a lot of you don't know that.

Corporate Tax cuts are not the main focus. Individual taxation is.

Besides, when Japan cuts it's Corporate Tax Rate this year, the US will have the highest Corporate Tax rate of any industrialized nation. You think that has any effect on business and trade?

We've been taxed but not through income tax, YET.

Obama let it be known that is coming.

He tried by letting the Bush Tax-cuts expire and everyone knew that it would destroy the economy. Now he's back at it again.

He's trying to raise all of our income taxes again but he's doing it through attacking the rich.

The point is this; Obama rarely says what he means. He constantly lies to us. He cannot be trusted in any shape or form because he doesn't have the conscience to follow through on his promises. The sooner everyone realizes that the better.

The Tea Party has no leaders.

We don't recognize any. You libs attempt to anoint our leaders but none of us voted for them.

Deficit spending has been going on for years. It is only recently, outside of WW2, that it has gone a rate of 65% of revenues. This is beyond ridiculous and IS criminally incompetent. It was don under a government that 100% controlled by the Dems. They had the majority in the House, a filibuster proof majority in the Senate and the White House.

My "bias" is that I have actually looked at what actually has happened and am not making excuses for the blithering idiots who have done this to us.

Expecting the bribery crazy thieves who have stolen from us for decades make more laws to pile on top of the laws that already should have prevented this is, please excuse me, stupid.

The only way to control the spending is to take away the money. This means to de-centralize the government and cut these A-holes off at the purse.

What you suggest is similar to allowing the Mexican Drug Cartels to write the laws that control our border security which, apparently, is the policy of this administration.

I'm suggesting the ideal. Of course The Congress will not kill the golden goose. However, the Supreme Court has exacerbated a serious problem. Calling me an idiot may make you feel smart or superior, but posting an angry emotional diatribe doesn't make you appear smart or even informed.

What our country needs is leadership. The foundation exists, all framed by our most sacred documents. We do not need to remake our institutions, we need to reform them. Taking the money away is where we agree; where we disagree is your interest in returning to a form of government such as that we had under The Articles of Confederaton. A little reading of history might make you reconsider this opinion.

Forum List

Back