the real GOP loss with o'donnell

rdking647

VIP Member
Mar 10, 2009
austin tx
O'donnell winning in Delaware has one extreme cost for the GOP. Assuming she loses the general (most likely),that will pretty much stick a nail in the GOP's chances of taking the senate. While hard core cons love getting rid of a so called Rino at least Castle would have voted with the GOP when it comes to committee chairmanship's. Coons wont.

So while the tea party may have got rid of a Rino,they have cost themselves in the long run.....
:lol:

Maybe she will,maybe she won't. She raised a million bucks today so there is definitely support, will that translate into enough votes....hell if I know.

So if your predictions come to pass, and the dems stay in control, then the next two years will be the same as the past two years?? Oh yeah, then Obama would be a shoe-in for '12.:lol:

The tea parties are doing what they should:

Tea Party?s already won - TheHill.com

Tea Party’s already won
By A.B. Stoddard - 09/15/10 05:56 PM ET

Even before Christine O’Donnell handily defeated Rep. Mike Castle (R-Del.) in an epic upset Tuesday night, the Tea Parties, all of them, had already won. No matter what happens in the midterm elections on Nov. 2, the Tea Party has moved the Democrats to the right and the Republicans even more so, and President Obama’s agenda is dead.

As of last week, before the House and Senate even reconvened, it was clear there were enough Senate Democrats joining Republicans seeking an extension of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest earners that the Democrats don’t have the votes to pass President Obama’s permanent extension of the middle-class tax cuts without passing cuts for the top two tax brackets as well.

When Obama introduced his latest economic proposals earlier this month, Sen. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), an ally of the Obama White House, immediately put out a statement not only criticizing Obama’s newest infrastructure plan but knocking the original stimulus as well. “I will not support additional spending in a second stimulus package. Any new transportation initiatives can be funded through the Recovery Act, which still contains unused funds,” Bennet said.

The Tea Party candidates themselves — like O’Donnell, whom Karl Rove called “nutty,” — matter little. Only a few will actually get elected this fall. Yet the Tea Party has won without them. There are no tea leaves left to read. Democrats have been spooked and Republicans threatened, cajoled or cleansed. The results are already in.

There are more messages to the GOP from the tea parties than to the Democrats.

maybe she will,maybe she won't. She raised a million bucks today so there is definitely support, will that translate into enough votes....hell if i know.

a million bucks! Now she can pay her rent!

So if your predictions come to pass, and the dems stay in control, then the next two years will be the same as the past two years?? Oh yeah, then Obama would be a shoe-in for '12.:lol:

Guess the Dems won't have anyone to blame but themselves then won't they?

Besides....better to have a few good people then a large pack of scoundrels.

Considering she's already started closing the gap and it's barely the end of the week, i think your cheers of victory over her are premature.

Besides, how much control do we really have in the Senate when someone so frequently votes with the other party?

maybe she will,maybe she won't. She raised a million bucks today so there is definitely support, will that translate into enough votes....hell if i know.

Not being able to pay seems to be a big problem with everybody.

Kind of goes against their spread the wealth and punish the rich white man mantra doesn't it?

O'donnell winning in Delaware has one extreme cost for the GOP. Assuming she loses the general (most likely),that will pretty much stick a nail in the GOP's chances of taking the senate. While hard core cons love getting rid of a so called Rino at least Castle would have voted with the GOP when it comes to committee chairmanship's. Coons wont.

So while the tea party may have got rid of a Rino,they have cost themselves in the long run.....

I think the Republicans will rally around her, and draw more votes. She does have a chance. Then I am sure that the Republicans are trying to take over the Tea prties. That is part of the problem. The tea parties are not a republican movement. At least that is not the intention. They are a win the country back movement. Not to win back to the republicans, but to the American people who hold conservative principles.

Less Government, and more people power is the goal. The Republicans are not the Tea Party, and the Tea Party is not the Republicans. Republican pol;iticians need to back off on trying to control or even lead the Tea Parties.

That would put her in line with this democrat:

Not Larry Sabato: YOU HAVE WON A NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE WON A NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

But only if your name is Rick Boucher and you were elected to your 14th term in Congress in 2008.

A tip from southwest Virginia encouraged me to check out his finance reports from last year. On it is a $29,352 expense for a new car from a Ford Dealership in Southwest Virginia. This is for a new Ford Edge (pictured) that he now drives around according to the tipster.
Seriously? The $174,000 Congressional salary isn't enough- Rick also needs to make his campaign donors pay for his new car? Even worse is if you look at his donors from various special interests that most Congressman get. The Congressional gift ban doesn't allow any contribution over $50- and even then it must be unsolicited. But I guess it is perfectly legal for a Congressman to hit up special interests to max out to their campaign account and then buy themselves a brand new car with that (untaxed) money? Unbelievable.

If you didn't understand the populist revolt going on against Washington this year before- you should now.

Now of course you are hypothesizing, while Rick Boucher has already done it.

Considering she's already started closing the gap and it's barely the end of the week, i think your cheers of victory over her are premature.

Besides, how much control do we really have in the Senate when someone so frequently votes with the other party?

I invite you to provide substantive evidence she's 'closing the gap',

before I reach my decision on whether or not you're full of shit.

So, what happens if O'Donnell wins? Does this mean your theory is just another half-baked ranting session about something that nobody has a real clue about how it's really going to turn out?

I'm a big fan of irony.

So, what happens if O'Donnell wins? Does this mean your theory is just another half-baked ranting session about something that nobody has a real clue about how it's really going to turn out?

its not a rant. its a fact. she is much less liekly to win
castle had a 10+ point lead on Coons
O'donnell is 10+ points behind.
thats a fact.

download

Forum List

Back