The Real Enemy

Why are you still in Germany?

Why are you still in Japan?

As allies, protection being one of our responsibilities, having bases in such places helps both them and us.

Why do you Aussies send military people here to learn in our schools? I know they are here, I studied with two of them in my second A-School when I was in the Navy.

No one wants to be there forever, but considering we are still in Germany and Japan do you honestly think we will ever completely leave?

Right you are. The US has built 14 permanent military bases in Iraq at a great expense to the US taxpayer and a great profit to KBR (formerly Kellogg, Brown & Root) and Haliburton. There are no true plans to ever leave Iraq. US and British oil companies have worked out deals to control much of Iraq’s oil fields and a military presence will be required to protect that control.

Right you are. The US has built 14 permanent military bases in Iraq at a great expense to the US taxpayer and a great profit to KBR (formerly Kellogg, Brown & Root) and Haliburton. There are no true plans to ever leave Iraq. US and British oil companies have worked out deals to control much of Iraq’s oil fields and a military presence will be required to protect that control.

This one always makes me laugh. Do you think they have special doorknobs on those bases that Iraqis cannot work? Could building a permanent base actually benefit the Iraqi government and give them a place to house their own troops when we leave?

Building bases is not evidence that we plan on staying forever.

This thread enlightened me so much. So far I have learned that a new guy, hates liberals.....and has no idea why, he just wants to win. What a surprise. Oh and you have supporters, good for you.

Well you can bash who ever you want, im not a liberal so I wont care. But when you claim that the war needs to be won, you need to do your research on Islam, and religion in general. We alone can be in Iraq for decades and still make no impact on the infastructure, and we certainly cant turn iraq into a democracy with so many non secular political groups and religions all working for there own belief and interpretation of the Quran. What Iraq wants, WE cant give them (theocracy). All we can do is free them of opression. We cant tell them to conduct buisness without thinking of Muhamad or Allah. Thats like telling George Bush to forget about jesus for a few years. It wont happen, and becuase it wont happen, corruption will. Meaning that shiites, sunnis, curds.......will all try to force the other groups out of the government due to there religious beliefs, like they are now.

If victory is Democracy, then we are faaaaaaaaar from that, almost unreachable. If victory was to free the Iraqis from opression, then we have won this war.

The billions of dollars we spent already was used to rebuild government buildings, set up police departments, improve electricity, water, other facilitys. And we get reports back saying this stuff was not properly built or it is not being kept up to standards, whos job is that!!!!??? The Iraqi's need to keep these things in proper working order after we rebuid. Infastructure is the real battle, insurgents are not even half of the problem we face.

Would you like someone coming into your country telling you how to run your government? That is where the double standard comes in. See america is not as obsessed with running the government under the rule of GOD. IRAQ IS! They are a very young religion and there life is based on Allah, so to convert them to democracy is virtually impossible, and nobody reads anymore so they do not realize this.

So if you can do your homework, and get back to me with a definition of "winning the war" then I and others will take you seriously.

So if you can do your homework, and get back to me with a definition of "winning the war" then I and others will take you seriously.

Winning the war can be done once Iraq is under "Control" and the ultimate irony here is, the only way the country can be under control is through leadership like Saddam's.

The region has been at war for over a 1000 years, they dont understand democracy.

They understand deadly enforced Rules and Power.

Winning the war can be done once Iraq is under "Control" and the ultimate irony here is, the only way the country can be under control is through leadership like Saddam's.

The region has been at war for over a 1000 years, they dont understand democracy.

They understand deadly enforced Rules and Power.

Finally, someone who realizes that the world does not revolve around American Democracy.

Finally, someone who realizes that the world does not revolve around American Democracy.

It took more than 4 years for Democracy to reach its current state in America.

We shouldnt expect it in Iraq in our lifetime.

Why are you still in Germany?

Why are you still in Japan?
Because both those governments want us there. That said, we should leave Germany as fast as possible and move East. Japan very much wants the US security umbrella. I'm sure the Chinese and North Koreans would love it if we left Japan.

As allies, protection being one of our responsibilities, having bases in such places helps both them and us.

In Germany because of the Cold War. In Japan because of Korea.

Why do you Aussies send military people here to learn in our schools? I know they are here, I studied with two of them in my second A-School when I was in the Navy.

Beats me. I have no idea, I'd prefer to send them somewhere else. Wait, they already do, I forgot. Yes, they are sent all over the world to study at the various military educational establishments, just like we accept people from all over the world here. It's good to have that exchange of ideas, stops that closed-mindedness that can develop.

Forum List

Back