The real enemy

February 6, 2008
RUSH: Mr. McCain, Ronaldus Magnus did reach out to Democrats -- to defeat them! ... They are the enemy! They are to be defeated.

February 10, 2008
RUSH: you do not know the left in this country. You do not know the enemy.

February 11, 2008
RUSH: See, I think liberalism needs to be beaten back; I think it needs to be defeated; I think politically it is the enemy; ... It has to be beaten, not joined, not be reached out to, not be gotten along with, not worked with. It needs to be beaten
Can you even see the difference between a radio entertainer talking about the democrats being enemy, and the president of the United States calling the republicans the enemy?
In your mind....I doubt you can.
The poster I replied to did not limit anything to just the president. You chose to set such a limit because it hurts you to have your MessiahRushie exposed as the "dangerous" hate monger he is.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
that fat tub of shit junkie dangerous?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

February 6, 2008
RUSH: Mr. McCain, Ronaldus Magnus did reach out to Democrats -- to defeat them! ... They are the enemy! They are to be defeated.

February 10, 2008

February 11, 2008
RUSH: See, I think liberalism needs to be beaten back; I think it needs to be defeated; I think politically it is the enemy; ... It has to be beaten, not joined, not be reached out to, not be gotten along with, not worked with. It needs to be beaten
Can you even see the difference between a radio entertainer talking about the democrats being enemy, and the president of the United States calling the republicans the enemy?
The poster I replied to did not limit anything to just the president. You chose to set such a limit because it hurts you to have your MessiahRushie exposed as the "dangerous" hate monger he is.

Thanks for playing, Eddie. You just proved that you can't tell the difference between a radio entertainer and the president of the United States. :lol:

The real enemy is the idiots of the world who wish to go to EITHER extreme and completely shut people they disagree without. No compromise. Just give them what they want, no matter who's rights get stepped on, no matter what laws get bent, or outright broken, no matter how reasonable someone tries to be with them, all they want is 100% what THEY want.

Fuck those people.

Yep the problem is they are the majority of the people in the USA.
In both partys.

I disagree. I think that most people are wiling to compromise, but the militant lefties and righties are the most vocal so it just seems like they are the most prevalent. If the rest of us would start standing up and telling ALL of them to shut up , maybe we could get something accomplished.

Actual polls, however, show the militant "righties" as much less willing to compromise...

This is regarding the recent budget debate:

According to the WSJ/NBC poll, the universe of Republicans and independents — the crucial playing field for GOP efforts to unseat President Obama in 2012 — split almost evenly at 48% to 47% on whether compromise is better than sticking to their ideological guns. Independents overwhelmingly break for compromise by 66% to 30%. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points for the full sample.

But adding Democrats to the mix pushes the drive for a compromise. According to WSJ/NBC, 71% of Democrats and independents favor a compromise compared with 23% who want their leaders to stand firm. Gallup puts the numbers at 68% of those calling themselves Democrats favoring even a disagreeable compromise. Independents are at 60%.

The WSJ/NBC poll shows Republicans, especially those who favor the “tea party” movement, are more intransigent with 68% saying Republican leaders should stick to their tougher positions on budget cuts. Just 28% urged a compromise. Including less conservative Republicans, the numbers shift but a majority, at 56%, called for GOP lawmakers to stand firm while 38% want compromise.

Polls on budget talks show support for compromise but a strong partisan divide

February 6, 2008

February 10, 2008

February 11, 2008

Wow, a bit obsessed with Rush aren't ya? There's help for that.. You keep hatin on Rush and he'll keep on rakin in the MILLIONZ.. LMAO!!!

L O S E R

Well, McConnell has made it clear to all. The GOP is the enemy of the working and middle class. Anything that we have gained since 1900, they wish to reverse. From unions to Social Security and Medicare, their goald is to terminate the gains made by the majority of American Citizens.

We see what has happened in Wisconsin, now we are seeing the GOP's true goals in the upcoming battle over the debt ceiling. The GOP cares absolutely nothing about the average American, and regards them simply as useful idiots, or fodder to be used in empire building.

They would gut the sytems that protect the seniors in this nation, and take us back to the days when surviving to old age meant poverty for the vast majority that did that. Their goal is for older citizens to die as quickly as possible when then can no longer earn a profit for the corperations. Reducing access to medical care and maintenance pharmceuticals is a very good way to do that.

Time to give all them a permenant vacation. We cannot afford the toadies of the corperations in power any longer.

And yet Ryan's plan saves and preserves medicare....
Yeah.....he's quit the protector o' the....

Heil, Paul!!!

Why bring Ed Schultz in to the conversation?

Originally Posted by California Girl I find it pathetic thatanyone - no matter who they are(including the President) - would call other Americans 'enemies' because they happen to disagree politically. Those people - the ones who stir up 'hatred' by calling other Americans 'enemies'... they are the dangerous people. They are the enemy. They are the enemy of America and everything it stands for.
Your argument is with California Girl.

Originally Posted by California Girl I find it pathetic that anyone - no matter who they are (including the President) - would call other Americans 'enemies' because they happen to disagree politically. Those people - the ones who stir up 'hatred' by calling other Americans 'enemies'... they are the dangerous people. They are the enemy. They are the enemy of America and everything it stands for.

Thanks for playing, Eddie. You just proved that you can't tell the difference between a radio entertainer and the president of the United States. :lol:
And thank you for proving you can't follow a conversation even with the points highlighted.

Well, McConnell has made it clear to all. The GOP is the enemy of the working and middle class. Anything that we have gained since 1900, they wish to reverse. From unions to Social Security and Medicare, their goald is to terminate the gains made by the majority of American Citizens.

We see what has happened in Wisconsin, now we are seeing the GOP's true goals in the upcoming battle over the debt ceiling. The GOP cares absolutely nothing about the average American, and regards them simply as useful idiots, or fodder to be used in empire building.

They would gut the sytems that protect the seniors in this nation, and take us back to the days when surviving to old age meant poverty for the vast majority that did that. Their goal is for older citizens to die as quickly as possible when then can no longer earn a profit for the corperations. Reducing access to medical care and maintenance pharmceuticals is a very good way to do that.

Time to give all them a permenant vacation. We cannot afford the toadies of the corperations in power any longer.

And yet Ryan's plan saves and preserves medicare while the Dems want to do nothing which promises the system will go bankrupt in about 10 years.

Revised system vs. no system.

How much of the real world must be ignored to be a Liberal?

Ryan's plan doesn't save Medicare, it decimates it. Hundreds of thousands of our senior citizens will be left with no medical coverage at all. Like most Republican policies, Ryan's only benefits the affluent Medicare recipients. Low and middle class seniors...you know, like most of the senior citizens in every one of our lives, will be severely hurt by this plan.

There are plans, however, that will actually "save" Medicare...

To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide for an option for any citizen or permanent resident of the United States to buy into Medicare.

ryan's plan DOES NOT PRESERVE medicare, it dissolves it....it puts it in to the hands of the for profit Insurance Companies....
Hey.....you know what they say.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMKkQx_dTC4]YouTube - ‪George W Bush - "Fool me Once..."‬‏[/ame]

*​

"Back in 2003, when the so-called Medicare Modernization Act was being debated in Congress, we warned that this latest round of Medicare privatization contained severe flaws that would hurt consumers and taxpayers while lining the pockets of special interests. With nearly two years of hindsight, we can safely say we were right: The MMA has been a major disappointment for consumers and taxpayers, but a windfall for private insurance and drug companies.

* Under the MMA, Medicare has been significantly overpaying private plans under Medicare Advantage. In 2005, Medicare overpaid private plans by at least 7% per beneficiary, costing taxpayers $2.7 billion. In 2006, overpayment reached 11% per beneficiary, costing taxpayers $4.6 billion.

* Under the MMA, Congress set aside $10 billion for an unnecessary subsidy (or "stabilization fund") to regional PPOs. This year, however, 88% of beneficiaries have access to a regional PPO, before the so-called "stabilization fund" was even tapped--no subsidy was necessary.

* Medicare Part D drug prices are substantially higher than the prices obtained by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), which negotiates prices on behalf of consumers. For all of the top 20 drugs prescribed to seniors, the lowest price charged by any Part D plan was higher than the lowest price secured by the VA. Yet Congress refused to let Medicare negotiate directly with the drug companies, as the VA does.

* Bottom line: this report shows that, unfortunately for consumers and taxpayers, the MMA has not even come close to meeting the high expectations set for it by Congress. Consumers are getting hurt and taxpayers fleeced, while insurance companies and drug manufacturers are raking in money faster than they can count it. Congress needs to move away from this deeply flawed privatization model, and instead focus on strengthening Medicare."

Medicare Part D Project

bumper_sticker_purple.gif

Last edited:
Get over the President and his "enemy" comment, folks (which he apologized for, I might add). That's politics...

(2007-06-05) — President George Bush, on his way to the G-8 summit in Heiligendamm, Germany, attempted to reduce tensions with his Russian counterpart over a U.S.-planned Europe-based missile shield by telling reporters, “Russia’s not our enemy. Come to think of it, it’s a better ally than the Democrats right now

The president (Bush) said the real enemies are “radical regimes armed with missiles, and those who would have us appease them through negotiation and concession.”

Mr. Bush said he continues to have a warm relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“Right now, I’d rather be in Germany with Vladimir than in D.C. with Nancy and Harry,” he said, “If you know what I mean.”

Good point, so the solution is obviously to start collecting something from the 40% of Americans who currently pay NO federal income taxes. Wouldn't you agree?
It's actually 47% thanks to the GOP tax cuts to buy votes.

The Bush tax cuts alone raised it from 25% to 47%. You know, the tax cuts CON$ want to make PERMANENT so they can permanently whine about people paying no federal income taxes.

I agree. The Democrats need to abolish the Bush tax cuts so the working poor, enlisted military, seniors and single moms with 4 kids have to fork over some of their money to the government.

Aren't you glad you helped me make my point?

Did I get that right?
Absolutely!!!

EVERYONE was making money, within the....

I disagree. I think that most people are wiling to compromise, but the militant lefties and righties are the most vocal so it just seems like they are the most prevalent. If the rest of us would start standing up and telling ALL of them to shut up , maybe we could get something accomplished.

The problem is that our lying thieves in DC cannot even agree on what a copromise is.

What they need is a little adult supervision to say, "Listen, kids, here's how much money you get to spend. Now go figure out what you plan to spend it on."

Instead one side says it's time to increase spending while the other says it's time to reduce spending.

Now we find ourselves in a situation where more than half of the country pays no tax and the less than half pays all of the tax. In a democracy, with more than half paying nothing and riding free on the dime of the less than halfers, what chance do we have of not going bankrupt?

The tipping point so often predicted has been passed. We're screwed.

no one pays "no taxes"....NO ONE......that is just bull crapola Code....

even those who pay no income taxes, they pay social security taxes...IN SURPLUS, which is being used to pay for thisngs that income taxes should be paying for...

they also pay cigarette taxes and gas taxes which ALL GO IN TO THE TREASURY to help pay the bills.

most of the people not paying income taxes, are SENIORS, the enlisted Military men and women and their families, working people with a lot of kids, and the lowest income workers....

Thats why the flat-tax is only floated by the likes of Steve Forbes. It benefits the already- wealthy. I like the talk in Congress about doing away w/ the 1000's of tax loop- holes THEN other things can be done to make the tax code more equitable.

as do you. every time you quote him, as you did in this thread.
There is a big difference between parroting your MessiahRushie's propaganda as your own thoughts and my making you DittoTards EAT his words.

limbaugh is a scumbag piece of shit junkie hypocrite. why would I parrot anything he says?
Man, what a difference I've made from when I first came to this board and CON$ defended their MessiahRushie with passion. :lol:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1125262-post7.html
Notice who keeps starting threads about him? Here's a hint, it's almost never people who are liberal.

Notice that every one of these threads must explain to us how much liberals obsess about your visionary leader?

Rush is your tarbaby, sweetie, not the liberals.

If one is a Democratic partisan, he's a godsend for insuring that your party spins further and further away from the mainstream.

By all means make him the guru of the GOP.

Please do that.

Not that Ed here is a Rush Limbaugh hatin' Leftists... NOooooooooo...

ROFL...

Poor Ed... she don't get NO RESPECT!

The left attacks Limbaugh for one reason and one reason only... he's an effective advocate for America and the principles on which she rests... thus he is an effective advocate AGAINST everything the left stands for. Which of course results in true believers such as Ed HATING LIMBAUGHS GUTS...

Where people listen to Limbaugh, whether they agree with him on every issue or NOT, which is 100% of his audience... the very act of listening to him means that they become familiar with valid reasoning... what it looks like, sounds like and feels like; often for the first time in their life; giving them something by which to compare against the left-think which they've always been lead to believe was valid reasoning.

And where a person learns to reason, the left loses a potential candidate... thus the basis in reasoning to attack him; it serves two fundamental ends... those who oppose Limbaugh hate his GUTS... thus his specter projected at the tip of their enemies spear is an effective means by which to raise money... to fight the tide of freedom which threatens their most closely held feelings... secondly, it feeds the beast; it gives them a chance to misrepresent Limbuagh and his reason for being.

Nothing particularly complex about it, really.

Forum List

Back