The Real Effort Over Gun Control

..."newsbusters"...who are notorious liars

Of course they are...:doubt:

We'll wait for proof of that one.

In any case, this is why I quoted the Australian government, British Universities and major news publications (Sydney Morning Herald).

Anyway I see you've moved from "bans didn't work" to "the evidence is uncertain" so I guess that's progress.

I stated no such thing. Bans don't work. Not only don't they work, there is ample evidence to suggest gun and violent crime increase following bans while mass killings continue (you can ask Norway about that last one....)

Again, I cannot support additional regulations (on top of the 1000s of existing laws) that only give law breakers an edge. It makes no sense.

I once faced two armed intruders in my home. Using a semi automatic rifle with a high capacity magazine ensured no one got hurt, including the criminals. We who understand the history of a disarmed populace will not allow you to put good people at a disadvantage for nothing more than "feel good" legislation.

We who understand the history of a disarmed populace will not allow you to put good people at a disadvantage for nothing more than "feel good" legislation.

OK, I am going to give you one chance for this to sink in, since you missed it in the last post.

I'm not in favour of any such "feel good legislation". I've already made the case that that's an empty approach, and meaningless. If you can't recognize my position, then this conversation is over. If you want to debate assumptions, then you're wasting my time.

Sorry if that's snippy but I've about had it with certain other posters' trying to redefine my position for me. I'm not playing it.

I'll check back later. Gotta go. Cheers.

To those who believe that we need guns to "fight tyranny":

What ever do you mean by that? A gaggle of idiots with assault rifles slung across their shoulders IS tyranny, not the defenders against it. The second amendment calls LOUDLY for a well regulated militia. That's where assault weapons belong, not on the streets.

The people are the militia...dumbass. The gaggle of so-called "idiots" you speak of where those revolutionaries who gave you this country to be spouting your mouth off in.

If you want to defend against some perceived tyranny, join the National Guard or the State Police. These folks are the real defenders against tyranny. They have proven it. It was National Guardsmen who protected Civil Rights marchers against the tyranny of idiot racists.

Don't have to join the National Guard or State Police. And, besides, I wouldn't feel too confident in a blue state's National Guard or State Police.

Do you see tyranny today? If so, where? because I believe that most of sane America is pretty much satisfied, except for the tyranny of the extremist who holds the view that he has some warped "right" to hold aa assault rifle while other nuts tear up schools, theaters, temples and our streets with, guess what, ASSAULT RIFLES!

Who's speaking exclusively of today? And, yes, we are seeing it today. And, you and yours are the arbiters of things to come. To try and infringe upon Americans' Constitutional rights is tyranny. Which, is what you and yours are trying to do.

These weapons have NO PLACE in our society.

Sure they do.

They need to be banned forever.

No they don't and, they're not gonna' be. At least on any federal level.

The only tyranny I see is the tyranny of the gun nut who insists we must suffer the deadly consequences of assault weapons as a price for his 'freedom'.

That's because you're an idiot and haven't the first clue as to what "tyranny" is.

When you're ready to propose something that doesn't result in criminals having superior firepower to law abiding citizens, I'll listen. Until then, you're advocating that which puts more good people at the mercy of crazies, criminals, and tyrants. Pass.
Here's my proposal:

A complete ban on the manufacture, sale, distribution and possession if all assault weapons, high capacity magazines and any and all weapons with automatic firing systems. A buy back program and full amnesty for those who currently hold such weapons and accessories. That buy back would be a voucher for a tax credit on the full market value of such weapons and accessories. This buy back/amnesty period would be for one year. Following that year, anyone in possession of the banned weapons and accessories is subject to a $100,000 fine and one year in federal prison. Anyone committing a crime with any such weapon is subject to a mandatory sentence of no less than three and no more than ten years in federal prison.

An immediate closing of the "gun show loophole" where sales are not accompanied by a back ground check. A federal tax on all ammunition of 75%.

Thereby ensuring the only criminals will have such firearms and accessories while no law abiding citizen can.

Brilliant...:doubt:

Pass.
The only solution I've seen from the pro gun violence side is more guns! No wonder the gun manufacturers support the NRA! they advocate the solution as more guns. When someone who loves to play Army comes up with a reasonable solution, not just ladle more guns on the streets, but clear them out, I'll listen. Otherwise you advocate putting out fires with gasoline and claiming weapons of war are somehow your right to have. Irresponsible and totally ridiculous.

What ever do you mean by that? A gaggle of idiots with assault rifles slung across their shoulders IS tyranny, not the defenders against it. The second amendment calls LOUDLY for a well regulated militia. That's where assault weapons belong, not on the streets.

The people are the militia...dumbass. The gaggle of so-called "idiots" you speak of where those revolutionaries who gave you this country to be spouting your mouth off in.

If you want to defend against some perceived tyranny, join the National Guard or the State Police. These folks are the real defenders against tyranny. They have proven it. It was National Guardsmen who protected Civil Rights marchers against the tyranny of idiot racists.

Don't have to join the National Guard or State Police. And, besides, I wouldn't feel too confident in a blue state's National Guard or State Police.

Who's speaking exclusively of today? And, yes, we are seeing it today. And, you and yours are the arbiters of things to come. To try and infringe upon Americans' Constitutional rights is tyranny. Which, is what you and yours are trying to do.

Sure they do.

They need to be banned forever.

No they don't and, they're not gonna' be. At least on any federal level.

The only tyranny I see is the tyranny of the gun nut who insists we must suffer the deadly consequences of assault weapons as a price for his 'freedom'.

That's because you're an idiot and haven't the first clue as to what "tyranny" is.
A "Blue State's National Guard" Has your warped partisan ignorance blinded you to the facts of gun deaths? Are you so under the influence of ignoramuses like Limbaugh and Hannity that you would sell out the safety of America so you can make a ham handed political point? Are you so politically insulated that you think the public's safety is guarded better by reactionaries and neo Nazis? Just that line: And, besides, I wouldn't feel too confident in a blue state's National Guard or State Police. shows you are not responsible enough to make a valid point, let alone lead the fight to shovel more guns on society.

What? You would not feel too comfortable under the protection of a "Blue State's" National Guard or State Police?!? That's the poison of hack political partisanship that is killing the spirit of America! You should be ashamed!! And those of you with similar, I guess I'll call them "thoughts" should go straight to Hell for the damage your ignorance and hatred has spawned. Divisions so bitter, so unthought out, so irresponsible are what is wrong with this country today! Shame on you for such stupidity!

A government that knows its population is armed is going to have to disarm it before it tries to extend its powers beyond what the majority will tolerate--and this serves as a definite warning sign.
Believe me, the government knows the population is armed. But why should we be armed with assault weapons?

Cuz the government is armed with assault weapons?

Such weapons wreak more terror and destruction than any benefit by way of defense against tyranny.

Again, you have no idea about "tyranny".

The general population has no more need of assault weapons than they need bazookas.

You don't get to TELL me what I "need" and don't "need".

Are we supposed to have a bazooka in the home to defend against some perceived tyranny?

Well now, not necessarily "supposed" to have. As in, a requirement.

And it seems to me that the people who actively fight tyranny as they see it are called terrorists. Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols thought they were fighting tyranny when they killed 168 people.

So George Washington, et al, were terrorists in your mind? Further, two men does not a "fight against tyranny" exist. He hoped to spark a revolt in what he perceived as tyranny. It didn't work. Had it worked, you would have had a REAL fight against tyranny. That means there were untold numbers of people in this nation who know true tyranny when they see it and aren't persuaded by some nut's visions of tyranny. In that, you should feel comforted. Had everyone who owned a gun been like you and yours like to perceive them as being, the outcome would have been much different. But, fortunately for you, not everyone who owned a gun WERE like you and yours like to perceive them as being. Like the Founding Fathers, a majority will know when true tyranny has reared its ugly head and then you will know what a fight against tyranny is.

A government that knows its population is armed is going to have to disarm it before it tries to extend its powers beyond what the majority will tolerate--and this serves as a definite warning sign.
Believe me, the government knows the population is armed. But why should we be armed with assault weapons? Such weapons wreak more terror and destruction than any benefit by way of defense against tyranny. The general population has no more need of assault weapons than they need bazookas. Are we supposed to have a bazooka in the home to defend against some perceived tyranny?

And it seems to me that the people who actively fight tyranny as they see it are called terrorists. Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols thought they were fighting tyranny when they killed 168 people.

What assault weapons did Tim McVeigh use again?

LOL! EXACTLY! Touché! Wasn't it a fertilizer-laden moving truck, if memory serves me correctly?

Believe me, the government knows the population is armed. But why should we be armed with assault weapons?

Are we supposed to have a bazooka in the home to defend against some perceived tyranny?

So George Washington, et al, were terrorists in your mind? Further, two men does not a "fight against tyranny" exist. He hoped to spark a revolt in what he perceived as tyranny. It didn't work. Had it worked, you would have had a REAL fight against tyranny. That means there were untold numbers of people in this nation who know true tyranny when they see it and aren't persuaded by some nut's visions of tyranny. In that, you should feel comforted. Had everyone who owned a gun been like you and yours like to perceive them as being, the outcome would have been much different. But, fortunately for you, not everyone who owned a gun WERE like you and yours like to perceive them as being. Like the Founding Fathers, a majority will know when true tyranny has reared its ugly head and then you will know what a fight against tyranny is.
Here's tyranny: the South, old Conservative racists drawing up laws that suppressed voting rights, perpetuated bigotry, forbad inclusion and education among an entire class of American citizens. That's tyranny!

And how was that tyranny finally blunted? By peaceful protest. By civil disobedience. By showing the stupidity and cruelty fostered by those reactionaries and Southern Conservatives. By the protection of a well regulated militia: the National Guard. Not by armed insurrection. Not by random acts of gun violence. Not by gaggles of idiots with assault weapons targeting those who they perceived as tyrants.

The constitution worked. The arms in a Well Regulated Militia made the difference.

Once morons who want to take the law into their own hands, idiots who would wreak gunfire on the public to make their irresponsible political points realize that their solution to what they perceive as tyranny are not only irresponsible but out and out criminal in their consequence, then and only then can we finally sweep assault weapons from our lives forever.

Tell me, Rambo, what is tyranny? Is it Jim Crow? Or is it some political axe you have to grind? And would you fight tyranny with teh safety and responsibility the Civil Rights leaders did? Or would you follow the Tim McVeigh/Terry Nichols mold and blow up children for sport?

Do you see tyranny today? If so, where? because I believe that most of sane America is pretty much satisfied, except for the tyranny of the extremist who holds the view that he has some warped "right" to hold aa assault rifle while other nuts tear up schools, theaters, temples and our streets with, guess what, ASSAULT RIFLES!

These weapons have NO PLACE in our society. They need to be banned forever. The only tyranny I see is the tyranny of the gun nut who insists we must suffer the deadly consequences of assault weapons as a price for his 'freedom'.

The gun grabbers.......bubble dwellers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2BvJzqeLp0]Shooting The Mossberg 930 SPX 12ga Shotgun - YouTube[/ame]

If you dont know shit about firearms, I suggest the gun grabbers head over to People.com for a discussion about group navel contemplation.

These weapons have NO PLACE in our society. They need to be banned forever. The only tyranny I see is the tyranny of the gun nut who insists we must suffer the deadly consequences of assault weapons as a price for his 'freedom'.

You know, how does one gain this level of stupidity I wonder?

Do you even know what tyranny means?
Tyranny is the oppression of people. Just like Southern racist idiots oppressed African American citizens. How was that tyranny blunted? By peaceful protest under the protection of a well regulated militia.

Tyranny means the oppression of people. Like the tyranny displayed by gun nuts who believe that weapons of warfare are to be used by private citizens. Those gun nuts show their disdain and tyranny by insisting that even though their assault weapons take a massive toll of dead, it is their "right" to hold them. That's the real tyranny, not some ill conceived notion of political tyranny held among reactionaries and militarized morons.

The tyranny of the gun nut can be measured by the number of mass shootings and street violence in America today. Ask yourself, should people have weapons designed for soldiers even though the consequences of those weapons is the slaughter of innocent citizens? What is tyranny if not the insistence by a few non-thinkers that they should hold weapons capable of killing so many people so quickly?

Again, you simply have no idea about "tyranny". And, insistence by a "few" alleged non-thinkers that they should hold weapons capable of killing so many people so quickly? Earth to Nosmo, it's time to wake up to reality.

Believe me, the government knows the population is armed. But why should we be armed with assault weapons? Such weapons wreak more terror and destruction than any benefit by way of defense against tyranny. The general population has no more need of assault weapons than they need bazookas. Are we supposed to have a bazooka in the home to defend against some perceived tyranny?

Tim McVeigh is a sterling example of what goes so tragically wrong when someone who perceives tyranny takes up his cause. Just as a gaggle of idiots who love to play Army can exercise tyranny by insisting there are no deadly consequences to their juvenile hobby.

Stop avoiding the subject. And, answer the question.

You love to say things like "back to la la land" as is you are completely satisfied with living in Columbine or Aurora or New Town. Well, I'm not satisfied with living in a nation so under the allure of gun violence that some propose more gun violence to stop it. Most Americans want this cycle of killing to stop. Most Americans are not under some esoteric delusion that because the second amendment says "not infringed" we must take it as a death sentence or the 'price" of freedom.

Assault weapons belong in the hands of well regulated militias. Not a gaggle of idiots with fear motivating them about some perceived tyranny. Tyranny exists. The tyranny of the marginal thinker, the reactionary, the self styled Rambo who does not recognize the deadly consequence of his adolescent mindset.

Since there is no justification for assault weapons, there must be an outright ban on them and it must start today. No one should have assault weapons. Criminals, thugs, private citizens. We must sweep them from our streets, prohibit their manufacture, importation, sale and possession for our own good.

Let the tyrants who insist we must have them in our midst argue their case before the parents of the victims of such weapons. Let those gun nut tyrants explain the virtue of a weapon designed for war in the hands of private citizens. It's a loosing case, as common sense and logic cannot be brought to the defense of war weapons.

In the fog and confusion of a mass shooting, the last thing needed would be more bullets flying around innocent people. If you actually believe that more guns would prevent mass shootings, why did an assailant manage to wound four with six shots while in the midst of an armed cadre? John Hinckley wounded four, including the President of the United States. That president was surrounded by Secret Service and District of Columbia Police officers, all armed and proficient in firearms of all sorts. Yet all those guns did nothing to prevent Hinckley from wounding four. Hinckley was a private citizen with a gun.

When you're ready to propose something that doesn't result in criminals having superior firepower to law abiding citizens, I'll listen. Until then, you're advocating that which puts more good people at the mercy of crazies, criminals, and tyrants. Pass.
Here's my proposal:

A complete ban on the manufacture, sale, distribution and possession if all assault weapons, high capacity magazines and any and all weapons with automatic firing systems. A buy back program and full amnesty for those who currently hold such weapons and accessories. That buy back would be a voucher for a tax credit on the full market value of such weapons and accessories. This buy back/amnesty period would be for one year. Following that year, anyone in possession of the banned weapons and accessories is subject to a $100,000 fine and one year in federal prison. Anyone committing a crime with any such weapon is subject to a mandatory sentence of no less than three and no more than ten years in federal prison.

An immediate closing of the "gun show loophole" where sales are not accompanied by a back ground check. A federal tax on all ammunition of 75%.
If this analogy only pertained to the criminals ok, but why does it pertain to the good citizens as well ?

If I could and currently do own these weapons, and I was A- ok as far as my mental goes, then how about levying that fine against anyone who would steal my weapons and are caught with them later ?

I love shooting weapons and owning them, and I have always owned weapons of all sorts in my life, just as many others I know do also, but you want to use these tragedies to disarm me and my friends ?

Why?

Are you afraid of people like me and my friends, or are you afraid of the criminals more?

We might be the next to save your life from an attacker with any kind of a weapon, but if you have your way, we would show up with a butter knife if saw you being killed.

The true goal of everything government does is to control people more and to line their pockets more, oh and they are also not about to turn up their cocaine baking powder lined noses at the desperate pleadings of a friendly CEO who may or may not have donated some money or greased some flesh swords in the name of the coming messiah government figure to save mankind from itself.

Last edited:
Tim McVeigh is a sterling example of what goes so tragically wrong when someone who perceives tyranny takes up his cause. Just as a gaggle of idiots who love to play Army can exercise tyranny by insisting there are no deadly consequences to their juvenile hobby.

Oh! Tyranny! Tyranny is the threat! Not the insane armed with military assault weapons, but tyranny! And you believe the forces arrayed by the federal government can be dissuaded by a bunch of paranoid reactionaries and mouth breathing 'survivalists' with AR-15's slung across their shoulders. Are you the paradigm of sanity we should sacrifice our children to while you combat tyranny?

Your wannabe revolution is your own pipe dream. Something you talk about over cigarettes in the trailer park. Here in real America, we're pretty satisfied, except for all the idiots who think they should have assault weapons, and then wind up shooting up a school or temple or shopping mall.

The real tyranny is the selfishness gun nuts have shown when they are faced with the ghastly consequences of their peculiar lust for high powered weapons. The tyranny such nuts show is their unwillingness to believe that their little hobby can lead to deadly outcomes. So they make us suffer and throw up esoteric smokescreens about "tyranny".

What is tyranny according to you? A tax rate you find oppressive? More tyrannical that someone armed with a rapid fire gun in a school? Is tyranny entitlement programs that give single mothers money to buy food and medicine for their children? Is that more tyrannical than someone stalking a temple with an AR-15?

Suppose you explain what you're so afraid of that you would sacrifice children and innocents just so you can have a weapon of war at your side.

The gun grabbers.......bubble dwellers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2BvJzqeLp0]Shooting The Mossberg 930 SPX 12ga Shotgun - YouTube[/ame]

If you dont know shit about firearms, I suggest the gun grabbers head over to People.com for a discussion about group navel contemplation.
A hunting weapon? Or something those who failed to grow up finds "cool"?

Here's tyranny: the South, old Conservative racists drawing up laws that suppressed voting rights, perpetuated bigotry, forbad inclusion and education among an entire class of American citizens. That's tyranny!

And how was that tyranny finally blunted? By peaceful protest. By civil disobedience. By showing the stupidity and cruelty fostered by those reactionaries and Southern Conservatives. By the protection of a well regulated militia: the National Guard. Not by armed insurrection. Not by random acts of gun violence. Not by gaggles of idiots with assault weapons targeting those who they perceived as tyrants.

The constitution worked. The arms in a Well Regulated Militia made the difference.

Once morons who want to take the law into their own hands, idiots who would wreak gunfire on the public to make their irresponsible political points realize that their solution to what they perceive as tyranny are not only irresponsible but out and out criminal in their consequence, then and only then can we finally sweep assault weapons from our lives forever.

Tell me, Rambo, what is tyranny? Is it Jim Crow? Or is it some political axe you have to grind? And would you fight tyranny with teh safety and responsibility the Civil Rights leaders did? Or would you follow the Tim McVeigh/Terry Nichols mold and blow up children for sport?
You all following this right ? Never let a crisis go to waste eh? This is exactly why they want our guns, because they think they will be in the way of them finally ending white tyranny (power) in this nation.. All one has to do is listen to post like this, and it will tell you exactly what is going on in America today, as found in the minds of posters like this one.

Here's my proposal:

If this analogy only pertained to the criminals ok, but why does it pertain to the good citizens as well ?

If I could and currently do own these weapons, and I was A- ok as far as my mental goes, then how about levying that fine against anyone who would steal my weapons and are caught with them later ?

I love shooting weapons and owning them, and I have always owned weapons of all sorts in my life, just as many others I know do also, but you want to use these tragedies to disarm me and my friends ?

Why?

Are you afraid of people like me and my friends, or are you afraid of the criminals more?

We might be the next to save your life from an attacker with any kind of a weapon, but if you have your way, we would show up with a butter knife if saw you being killed.
The guns. We're all tired of suffering from the fire power of assault weapons. no one is afraid of you, until your gun kills someone. And you aren't going to be the sheriff and ride to the rescue with your '"cool" guns. Stop this delusion.

Oh! Tyranny! Tyranny is the threat! Not the insane armed with military assault weapons, but tyranny! And you believe the forces arrayed by the federal government can be dissuaded by a bunch of paranoid reactionaries and mouth breathing 'survivalists' with AR-15's slung across their shoulders. Are you the paradigm of sanity we should sacrifice our children to while you combat tyranny?

Your wannabe revolution is your own pipe dream. Something you talk about over cigarettes in the trailer park. Here in real America, we're pretty satisfied, except for all the idiots who think they should have assault weapons, and then wind up shooting up a school or temple or shopping mall.

The real tyranny is the selfishness gun nuts have shown when they are faced with the ghastly consequences of their peculiar lust for high powered weapons. The tyranny such nuts show is their unwillingness to believe that their little hobby can lead to deadly outcomes. So they make us suffer and throw up esoteric smokescreens about "tyranny".

What is tyranny according to you? A tax rate you find oppressive? More tyrannical that someone armed with a rapid fire gun in a school? Is tyranny entitlement programs that give single mothers money to buy food and medicine for their children? Is that more tyrannical than someone stalking a temple with an AR-15?

Suppose you explain what you're so afraid of that you would sacrifice children and innocents just so you can have a weapon of war at your side.

I agree let's give all the weapons to people who drop bombs on innocent children at a much more accelerated rate than any mass shooter has been able to sustain. Perhaps more training is needed. A CIA crash course on subvervsion or something. Or not.

The question is why do you feel the need to force everyone to believe like you? You need to avoid the Killer B's my man. "B for Belief. B for Belonging. The B's that lead to most of the killing in the world. If you don't Belong among us, then you're our inferior, or our enemy, or both; and you can't Belong with us unless you Believe what we Believe. Maybe not even then, but it certainly helps. Our religion, our party, our tribe, our town, our school, our race, our nation. Believe. Belong. Behave. Or Be dammed."

New Topics

Forum List

Back