The Real Coming Genetic Discrimination

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Racism as it was developed and advocated as a scientific attempt at eugenics is really dead. It is now the territory of race baiting husslers and morons who want to live in the previous century.

But with the advances coming in genetic engineering, we may see some serious discrimination similar to what was portrayed in the movie 'Gattaca'.

Gattaca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZppWok6SX88]Gattaca - Movie Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

But in the end, it is really the human will that determines our success, not our genetic definition as illustrated in the above movie in this scene.

The geneticially engineered brother races his 'love child' brother, but the nonengineered brother wins the race.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRynilqRXwI]I never saved anything for the swim back - YouTube[/ame]

In the near future when beneiticly enngineered youth rejuvenation becomes available, only the wealthy will be able to afford it. As time goes on medical insurance companies and/or the government will see the advantages of giving these treatments to the general population in order to reduce medical costs, most of which are incurred in the last few years of life.

But I think that by that stage, the genetically engineering technology will be advanced enough to tailor people genetically to various proffessions, but mostly divided between blue collar, white collar and leadership roles.

Upward mobility could become very difficult due to a new prejudice against those not genetically engineered to perform the said proffession or a set of proffessions.

Is there a way to circumvent such a scenario? Would the current Civil Rights laws apply? Would an employer be able to refuse you a truck driving job because you are engineered for being an auto mechanic?

We are not so far away from these sorts of problems becoming a reality and I was just interested in what other might be thinking along these lines.

Any thoughts?

Racism as it was developed and advocated as a scientific attempt at eugenics is really dead. It is now the territory of race baiting husslers and morons who want to live in the previous century.

But with the advances coming in genetic engineering, we may see some serious discrimination similar to what was portrayed in the movie 'Gattaca'.

Gattaca - Movie Trailer - YouTube

But in the end, it is really the human will that determines our success, not our genetic definition as illustrated in the above movie in this scene.

The geneticially engineered brother races his 'love child' brother, but the nonengineered brother wins the race.

I never saved anything for the swim back - YouTube

In the near future when beneiticly enngineered youth rejuvenation becomes available, only the wealthy will be able to afford it. As time goes on medical insurance companies and/or the government will see the advantages of giving these treatments to the general population in order to reduce medical costs, most of which are incurred in the last few years of life.

But I think that by that stage, the genetically engineering technology will be advanced enough to tailor people genetically to various proffessions, but mostly divided between blue collar, white collar and leadership roles.

Upward mobility could become very difficult due to a new prejudice against those not genetically engineered to perform the said proffession or a set of proffessions.

Is there a way to circumvent such a scenario? Would the current Civil Rights laws apply? Would an employer be able to refuse you a truck driving job because you are engineered for being an auto mechanic?

We are not so far away from these sorts of problems becoming a reality and I was just interested in what other might be thinking along these lines.

Any thoughts?

Who will this affect more. Whites , who have a lot of degenerate recessive genes, or
Blacks, who have the dominant genetic gene pool?, over white recessive genes.?
Can some one answer this question
Whites are carriers of more genetic diseases and disoders than when compared to blacks.
Who will be discriminated on now, whites or Blacks?.

Last edited:

Gattaca - Movie Trailer - YouTube

I never saved anything for the swim back - YouTube

Any thoughts?

Who will this affect more. Whites , who have a lot of degenerate recessive genes, or
Blacks, who have the dominant genetic gene pool?, over white recessive genes.?
Can some one answer this question
Whites are carriers of more genetic diseases and disoders than when compared to blacks.
Who will be discriminated on now, whites or Blacks?.

Well, whoever it is, your shit out of luck since everyone discriminates against morons like yourself.

Forum List

Back