The Raven

The Raven

Rookie
Sep 19, 2009
I am the raven. I am but one of many, and my flock seeks the source of the sweet stench of corruption so that we may feed.

Look there my brother! Humans dressed as elephants and donkeys! THEY are the source of the stench! Look, they are fighting against one another over tiny green leaves with men's faces painted on them. Humans are such foolish creatures. Why do they squabble over such worthless things? Can they not sense the hungry predators eyeing them from across the great blue waste? We must act soon, before the predators steal away our feast.

The humans have noticed us watching them. The donkeys find our voices shrill and irritating. They underestimate our numbers, and the sharpness of our talons. They pretend to ignore us, yet their fear is plain in their scent. And look! The elephants are calling to us, they think we are here to help them. They don't realise that they too, are our prey.

Don't fear, my brothers! They may be more powerful than a single raven, but our strength is in numbers. We can use our voices to disorient them. Whilst they fight amongst one another, a great cloud of black feathers shall blot out the sun as we decend and consume the diseased ones until only the healthy remain, what few they are. For that is our reason for existing. The sacred task set to us by the Great Eagle who flies higher than any other is to seek out corruption and consume it so that the disease does not spread and infect our younglings.

They call us harbingers of doom. Perhaps from their perspective, that may seem to be the truth. But in reality, we are but caretakers of this bountiful land the Great Eagle has bestowed upon us. Take wing my brothers!

It is time to feed.

Last edited:
$FacePalm.jpg

• Banned
Caw-Caw!

Your words make no sense to The Raven, man from the mountain. We came here seeking to invite others to join our flock. Do you not want to feast on the entrails of the diseased ones?

Ah, the Raven....

but....

will you bring back the Sun this year?

Ah, the Raven....

but....

will you bring back the Sun this year?

Are you on the dark side of the moon or sumpin?

Often...or sumpin' ;)

Raven is very important....:eusa_shhh:

Once upon a time, a mean old chief hoarded the only light in the world. He did not want to share it. Raven decided that he could no longer tolerate this after growing tired of flying in the dark. He turned himself into a cedar leaf and fell into the chief's dwelling.

Raven, as the cedar leaf, fluttered into a drink that the chief's daughter was drinking. She unwittingly swallowed raven down with a gulp of her drink. She immediately became pregnant and gave birth. Her baby had hair as black as a raven's, dark glowing eyes, and an awfully short temper. If the baby was bored, it would shriek. The chief ordered that the baby was to receive anything it wanted. One gift the baby got was a bag of shining stars. It liked the stars very much, until it accidentally threw them up through the smoke hole in the ceiling. The stars then scattered across the sky.

The baby grew bored yet again. It gave out more violent shrieks. It finally received a bag containing the Moon, and played with it happily. It remained pacified with the Moon until the Moon bounced out of the dwelling through the smoke hole.

The baby was angrier than it had ever been. Everyone searched desperately for anything to occupy the screaming child. All the gifts it received were rejected, as it pointed to the bag with the sun in it. The household finally gave the baby what it wanted, but did it reluctantly. But instead of opening the bag, the baby turned back into Raven, who flew through the smoke hole with the bag of light in his beak.. This was how Raven stole the Sun. Raven spread the light of the Sun throughout the world.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back