The Raven

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
saw it flying beautifully, way in the distance out back....tiny dot in blue sky...tried to zoom, flubbed up....not a pretty thing....

DSCF0636.JPG

then, my luck has it, it quickly flies towards my lot, the camera is ten yards away, i did a ten yard dash and my professional camera skills came in to play! NOT!!!!!

DSCF0649.JPG

Then the gods were with me, i got in 3 quick shots, 2 are okay, one...not so good!

on the pine tree trunk 25 yards away, just landing on it...this sucker could have been 27 inches, maybe 2 and a half feet head to tail...wing span was huge, but of course i missed that pic...:(

DSCF0650.JPG

DSCF0651.JPG

you can get an idea of how big these ravens get up here in this next pic...because this is a big big tree ...

DSCF0652.JPG

Once upon a time we were visiting a zoo in the desert in New Mexico.. first things we came upon were two ravens.. One picked up a stick and thrust it through the bars.. My husband took the stick and scratched the ravens back. And he stood there and let him do it.. they are really neat birds.

Once upon a time we were visiting a zoo in the desert in New Mexico.. first things we came upon were two ravens.. One picked up a stick and thrust it through the bars.. My husband took the stick and scratched the ravens back. And he stood there and let him do it.. they are really neat birds.
supposedly the smartest or one of the smartest birds out there!

they are playful, just read that they play with sticks when flying, dropping them... then trying to catch them before hitting the ground... for amusement!

Forum List

Back